Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 
 

 old Moose bull

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vivien



Country/State : Germany
Age : 18
Joined : 2011-10-10
Posts : 1995

PostSubject: old Moose bull   Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:58 am

It was a huge surprise when I've seen Schleich figures in a little stationery shop,they had very many retired models in perfect condition.I have decided to get the old Elk bull,he just stood next to the new Elk family. Cool That is really a dream for us collectors to find a little and inconsiderable shop who sells retired models,isn't it? Very Happy cheers
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
dlfrogman



Country/State : Idaho USA
Age : 42
Joined : 2011-10-09
Posts : 948

PostSubject: Re: old Moose bull   Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:36 am

WOW this channeling of Rusty is getting a little spooky lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit



Country/State : Serbia
Age : 39
Joined : 2010-12-01
Posts : 4070

PostSubject: Re: old Moose bull   Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:44 am

Congrats Vivien cheers

_________________
Robert
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
landrover



Country/State : colombia
Age : 59
Joined : 2010-11-04
Posts : 1982

PostSubject: Re: old Moose bull   Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:48 am

:) :)

Vivien life gives you surprises...¡

This elk is fascinating. He decorating your collection.
Back to top Go down
widukind



Country/State : Germany
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 23606

PostSubject: Re: old Moose bull   Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:51 am

Congratulation!!! cheers cheers

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
dlfrogman



Country/State : Idaho USA
Age : 42
Joined : 2011-10-09
Posts : 948

PostSubject: Re: old Moose bull   Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:52 am

Ok you guys are calling him an elk but he is a moose scratch scratch Is that a different country thing :)
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit



Country/State : Serbia
Age : 39
Joined : 2010-12-01
Posts : 4070

PostSubject: Re: old Moose bull   Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:32 am

Nope, it's a moose Wink

_________________
Robert
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
Bongo



Country/State : Germany
Age : 46
Joined : 2011-10-13
Posts : 351

PostSubject: Re: old Moose bull   Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:45 am

Elk and Moose are two diffrent species...The german name for elk is"Wapiti".

Nevertheless, Congrates, vivian, to your newest , unespected addition to your collection.

I remember, if i've staretd to collect Schleich at the end of 2003, I've found many of the very old , retired models in a toystore in a very small town close to my hometown, so no wonder, i've visted this store very often, so I was lucky to get many retired animals in a short time, nobody was buying them, because the people bought only the newer, better looking models, so I've found, to name just one example, several old gorillas 14030 within the new gorilla 14196...

My favourite toystore in my hometwon, it closed last year Crying or Very sad , found , after I'Ve asked the people there, a few old models in their storage rooms, and even a big department store in my home town was selling the old cows from the 90ty until a few weeks....

But today, there are to many collectors now, so such things will not happen very often anymore, these times are over...
Back to top Go down
Vivien



Country/State : Germany
Age : 18
Joined : 2011-10-10
Posts : 1995

PostSubject: Re: old Moose bull   Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:03 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Elk and Moose are two diffrent species...The german name for elk is"Wapiti".

Nevertheless, Congrates, vivian, to your newest , unespected addition to your collection.

I remember, if i've staretd to collect Schleich at the end of 2003, I've found many of the very old , retired models in a toystore in a very small town close to my hometown, so no wonder, i've visted this store very often, so I was lucky to get many retired animals in a short time, nobody was buying them, because the people bought only the newer, better looking models, so I've found, to name just one example, several old gorillas 14030 within the new gorilla 14196...

My favourite toystore in my hometwon, it closed last year Crying or Very sad , found , after I'Ve asked the people there, a few old models in their storage rooms, and even a big department store in my home town was selling the old cows from the 90ty until a few weeks....

But today, there are to many collectors now, so such things will not happen very often anymore, these times are over...
I'm afraid that you are right! affraid No
Back to top Go down
Vivien



Country/State : Germany
Age : 18
Joined : 2011-10-10
Posts : 1995

PostSubject: Re: old Moose bull   Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:07 am

Thank you,my friends! flower flower
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin


Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 28245

PostSubject: Re: old Moose bull   Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:27 am

Congrats, Vivien, I LOVE that old moos cheers
He has heaps of personality I love you

Ohhh, that is the dream of any collector : To find a little shop in a little street in a little town, - full of gems drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Vivien



Country/State : Germany
Age : 18
Joined : 2011-10-10
Posts : 1995

PostSubject: Re: old Moose bull   Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:29 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Congrats, Vivien, I LOVE that old moos cheers
He has heaps of personality I love you

Ohhh, that is the dream of any collector : To find a little shop in a little street in a little town, - full of gems drunken drunken
Thanks Susanne,I love him too! Laughing cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
Moderator


Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 24
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11310

PostSubject: Re: old Moose bull   Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:32 am

Congratulations Vivien, he is a lovely Elk cheers cheers
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Ok you guys are calling him an elk but he is a moose scratch scratch Is that a different country thing :)
Elk is the correct name for a moose Wink

_________________
Harriet
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Siobhan



Country/State : Tampere, Finland
Age : 25
Joined : 2010-08-18
Posts : 175

PostSubject: Re: old Moose bull   Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:52 am

Elk and moose are the same thing. Elk is the British English version and moose is the American English version :) Congrats for the nice addition!
Back to top Go down
Vivien



Country/State : Germany
Age : 18
Joined : 2011-10-10
Posts : 1995

PostSubject: Re: old Moose bull   Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:16 am

Thank you Hariett and Siobhan! flower
Back to top Go down
Sumo



Country/State : Norway
Age : 35
Joined : 2010-12-19
Posts : 1048

PostSubject: Re: old Moose bull   Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:18 am

There's something to be said for scientific nomenclature... Let's just call him an Alces alces and everyone will know what we mean.
He's a lovely specimen, too! Very Happy I wish I could find shops like that... maybe they only appear to a chosen few? or maybe they're there, but I never bother looking inside... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://yakinasack.blogspot.com/
Vivien



Country/State : Germany
Age : 18
Joined : 2011-10-10
Posts : 1995

PostSubject: Re: old Moose bull   Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:21 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
There's something to be said for scientific nomenclature... Let's just call him an Alces alces and everyone will know what we mean.
He's a lovely specimen, too! Very Happy I wish I could find shops like that... maybe they only appear to a chosen few? or maybe they're there, but I never bother looking inside... Rolling Eyes
Laughing Laughing Thank you,Sumo! sunny
Back to top Go down
Arnaud



Country/State : France
Age : 31
Joined : 2011-11-25
Posts : 622

PostSubject: Re: old Moose bull   Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:28 am

Congrats Vivien ! I keep finding retired models in shops so I can really appreciate your happiness !!


Last edited by Arnaud on Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vivien



Country/State : Germany
Age : 18
Joined : 2011-10-10
Posts : 1995

PostSubject: Re: old Moose bull   Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:31 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Congrats Viven ! I keep finding retired models in shops so I can really appreciate your happiness !!
Thank you very much,Arnaud! flower Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin


Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 20244

PostSubject: Re: old Moose bull   Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:50 am

Congrats Vivien, I think I can find it here in Portugal. There are so many Schleich shops that some figures get in stock for years! What a Face Yesterday I was in a shop that sells Papo and Schleich and we cannot find some retired Papos and there are still some retired Schleich like the wild boar and piglet! :) The lady of the shop, that is a specialised shop is considering to descontinue the brand due to lack of interest! :) I told her ther's no lack of interest, only too many shops selling the same figures.
Even in CollectA shops, even relatively recent, is already hard to find retired figures! :) I understand your joy, I got very happy when I've found the Schleich boer goats adultes! That's a decent figure as are all mooses in the market! Very Happy
Let me know if you want me to find any Schleich retired from 2 or 3 last years, who knows I can find it for you! flower

About the elk name, people is right, sometimes it also makes me some confusion, elk is the name of a moose in European English and the name of the wapiti in North America, So it is correct to call elk to both! Maybe the best is to call moose to this one and wapiti to the North American elk (Cervus canadensis)! :)
It also happens very often in Portuguese language, for example, my favourite animal, the giant anteater, is called papa-formigas in Portugal and tamanduá bandeira in Brazil! Huge difference, isn't it? geek
Back to top Go down
Vivien



Country/State : Germany
Age : 18
Joined : 2011-10-10
Posts : 1995

PostSubject: Re: old Moose bull   Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:03 am

Thank you,Roger! flower I'll let you know if I need anything specific that I can't find here. :)
"papa-formigas" and "tamandua bandeira" is indeed a huge difference. Shocked And what is the animal Tamandua then in Portugal and in Brazil? confused geek
Back to top Go down
Wildheart



Country/State : Bucharest,Romania
Age : 20
Joined : 2010-04-29
Posts : 2186

PostSubject: Re: old Moose bull   Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:14 am

I also have that moose and like him more than the new one! Congrats! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://theboundariesofcollecting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min
Roger
Admin


Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 20244

PostSubject: Re: old Moose bull   Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:20 am

Vivien1998 wrote:
Thank you,Roger! flower I'll let you know if I need anything specific that I can't find here. :)
"papa-formigas" and "tamandua bandeira" is indeed a huge difference. Shocked And what is the animal Tamandua then in Portugal and in Brazil? confused geek

You're welcome Vivien! flower
That's a good question once the giant anteater do not belong to the genus Tamandua. The Southern tamandua, more known in Brazil, is called tamanduá-mirim and here is commonly called only tamanduá or papa-formigas. While the giant anteater is called papa-formigas gigante, I missed this last word! Very Happy
Please don't get confused because it is completly confuse and when we talk about birds it looks that Portuguese and Brazilian don't talk the same language! Laughing
Back to top Go down
MARTINLATIN



Country/State : CALIFORNIA
Age : 38
Joined : 2010-11-11
Posts : 606

PostSubject: Re: old Moose bull   Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:24 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Elk and moose are the same thing. Elk is the British English version and moose is the American English version :) Congrats for the nice addition!
LET ME INFORMED.
WAPITI IS AN NATIVE AMERICAN WORD. THE CORRECT WORD IS ELK( ALCES ALCES). study lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: old Moose bull   Today at 5:16 am

Back to top Go down
 
old Moose bull
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Picasso's bull
» Large Ceramic Bull
» Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff
» Sad Devil (Moose Smith)
» CollectA 88335 Moose

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Schleich-
Jump to: