Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The American buffaloes question !

Go down 
+8
ken yeo
Rio
aandmkw
Wildheart
HKHollinstone
WILLYBACOMAN
Gabe
Kikimalou
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

The American buffaloes question ! Empty
PostSubject: The American buffaloes question !   The American buffaloes question ! EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 4:10 pm

I've just find the CollectA and new PAPO buffaloes. I know everybody can find pics of them and comments on many topics here.

So... Why more pics, more comments... BECAUSE... I love to share my opinion with you.  cheers

Questions : What is a good bison ? Which brand is better ? Is there an ultimate one ? .... ?

A few pics :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ok, there is nothing new here. The two models are very detailed and finely made. The CollectA is a bit small for the Schleich human... But it's not the only one  Laughing

More pics with the last Schleich :

So, the Schleich is at the same scale than the CollectA. More classic, more accurate but... Much less personnality.

except for the size, the comments above are the same for the Papo comparison.

So between the "Oddheads" and the classical Schleich, why do I prefer a bit the oddheads, and especially the PAPO. It is bulky, but the SCHLEICH is bulky too... Perfect shape for the SCHLEICH but fantastic details for the PAPO...

Maybe the answer is the SCHLEICH is beautiful indeed, but "beautiful" is not exactly the first word that come to my mind when I think about a bison bull. The CollectA, and of course the Papo, have more testosterone ! The Papo is a great bull, someone you must count with.

Some pics with other residents :

The two PAPO, IMHO the new one is a good improvement, despite I like a "moving" buffalo

With an old Elastolin : Smaller, more classic but I still don't have the fabulous Lineols to compare ( Yes WH, they are expensive...)

Suddenly, I saw the light on that weakness night. I know what I like with all these buffaloes. Here it is :

Buffaloes need to live in herds  cheers

No , The bad thing is I still miss the Lineols, the two Safari and the Bullyland. The good thing is I'm still alive  cheers

Remember...

For those who don't know by heart my collection (I'm not talking to you Willy  Laughing ), here are IMHO the best bison herd I have  Very Happy

So natural, wild and free  cheers

There is just a scale problem...  Laughing

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:36 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: The American buffaloes question !   The American buffaloes question ! EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 4:47 pm

Papo bison looks good, but the pose it strange and not appealing.
IMO, Schleich is the winner!

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The American buffaloes question !   The American buffaloes question ! EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 6:25 pm

Yes, that is a question you are asking there...
It is like you said Christophe, some do have a better shape like the Schleich, others do have nice deetail like the CollectA, or the newer Papo.
But there are more good contenders i believe, even when the scale is smaller.

What about the 2 versions of this Britains guy?

And what about this couple then? Hausser-Elastolin

Or this two then?
The VEB Plaho version, a copy of the former Lineol model indeed. :)

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The American buffaloes question !   The American buffaloes question ! EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 7:35 pm

I like the Papo one for detailed painting, but the Schleich one for it's sculpt! So, I'm torn between the two cyclops
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: The American buffaloes question !   The American buffaloes question ! EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 9:56 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
I like the Papo one for detailed painting, but the Schleich one for it's sculpt! So, I'm torn between the two cyclops

Oh, poor girl... Neutral

Laughing

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: The American buffaloes question !   The American buffaloes question ! EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 10:07 pm

Lovely thread!I couldn't stop laughing!
I guess it's easier to say the Schleich bison calf is better than the Bullyland one!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: The American buffaloes question !   The American buffaloes question ! EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:46 am

I just think they look great together as a herd. You can never have too many of a certain species, especially when there are so many different ones.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The American buffaloes question !   The American buffaloes question ! EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 8:34 am

aandmkw wrote:
I just think they look great together as a herd. You can never have too many of a certain species, especially when there are so many different ones.

I agree with you Amy Very Happy . The only problem is the lack of females...
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The American buffaloes question !   The American buffaloes question ! EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 9:17 am

aandmkw wrote:
Yes, Amy you're right, I like them all together as a herd. We need some females to look after the one lonely calf Rolling Eyes
I love the Schleich bison calf, I really want to get one.
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: The American buffaloes question !   The American buffaloes question ! EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:20 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
aandmkw wrote:
I just think they look great together as a herd.  You can never have too many of a certain species, especially when there are so many different ones.  

I agree with you Amy  Very Happy . The only problem is the lack of females...

Yes, i a herd, those differences fall away, and they look great together.

And yes, there is a lack of females indeed! Laughing
But somehow they managed to get some babies question  question  question
How on earth did they do that? Shocked
Nature always finds a way(Jurassic Park 1)... geek

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: The American buffaloes question !   The American buffaloes question ! EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 3:42 pm

Have Schleich made a Female Buffalo ?
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: The American buffaloes question !   The American buffaloes question ! EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 10:25 pm

No ,they didn't... Crying or Very sad

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: The American buffaloes question !   The American buffaloes question ! EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 10:45 pm

Seeing as they retired the calf, perhaps a female and new calf will be released next year ?

Just wishful thinking Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: The American buffaloes question !   The American buffaloes question ! EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 10:51 pm

What's the difference between the male and the female?On Animal Planet they all look the same.The females are smaller,and yes,have no external organs,but in the rest?
Smaller horns?Heads? question

I wouldn't understand Schleich in not making a bison family,since the warthog adults are almost identical,and the highland cow and bull,too! :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The American buffaloes question !   The American buffaloes question ! EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 3:33 am

Rio wrote:
Seeing as they retired the calf, perhaps a female and new calf will be released next year ?

Just wishful thinking Rolling Eyes

Maybe it will release next year, I hope too.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: The American buffaloes question !   The American buffaloes question ! EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 10:44 pm

That would be a nice idea to have a bison-family! cheers

The females are much smaller Rhiannon, and not that chubby and muscular, the horns are smaller indeed.
I can see the difference quit well in the latest Schleich models.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The American buffaloes question !   The American buffaloes question ! EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 12:20 am

Wildheart wrote:
What's the difference between the male and the female?On Animal Planet they all look the same.The females are smaller,and yes,have no external organs,but in the rest?
Smaller horns?Heads? question

I wouldn't understand Schleich in not making a bison family,since the warthog adults are almost identical,and the highland cow and bull,too! :)

My answer is here Very Happy :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Berlinzoo954

Berlinzoo954

Country/State : Miami, FL

PostSubject: Re: The American buffaloes question !   The American buffaloes question ! EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 3:59 am

Well when it comes to the North American Bison, it is a difficult model, lots of detail and very complex, because of the coat and the different layers on it, i see many flaws with all of the figures from each company, but if i had no choice to take one, would probably be the Schleich model.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: The American buffaloes question !   The American buffaloes question ! EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 6:03 pm

That would be my choice too, as the overall model is the best in Schleich. :)

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The American buffaloes question !   The American buffaloes question ! EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 8:28 pm

" Et s'il n'en reste qu'un, je serais celui là " dixit Victor Hugo...

If there is only one, I will be this one ( sorry for the translation...)

Ok the shape of the SCHLEICH is very... patati patata... pouf pouf... one more time... cyclops

Ok the heads of the Papo and CollectA are very... tchouc tchouc... Obladioblada... blablablabla.... affraid

How can I tell my thought ?

Well it's like SChleich has the good recipe, everything is clean and perfect, the dish is beautiful, the cooking t° and time are perfectly matched.... cheers But at the last moment... when it's time to eat that beautiful meal... The salt !!! no salt !!! You forget the salt !!! pale Nearly perfect but a little bit tasteless...

The Papodd and CoddlectA are more spicy and "kicking" IMHO cherry bom cheers
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Country/State : NRW, Germany

PostSubject: Re: The American buffaloes question !   The American buffaloes question ! EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 8:48 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

Ok the shape of the SCHLEICH is very... patati patata... pouf pouf... one more time... cyclops

Ok the heads of the Papo and CollectA are very... tchouc tchouc... Obladioblada... blablablabla.... affraid

Well it's like SChleich has the good recipe, everything is clean and perfect, the dish is beautiful, the cooking t° and time are perfectly matched.... cheers But at the last moment... when it's time to eat that beautiful meal... The salt !!! no salt !!! You forget the salt !!! pale Nearly perfect but a little bit tasteless...

The Papodd and CoddlectA are more spicy and "kicking" IMHO cherry bom cheers

Ok Kiki,

i think it´s a good comparision. You see a animal figure and you think, not bad. You see new figures in a catalogue and you think not bad (sometimes the figure is better in original than in catalogue). But it gives figures where you cry, that´s the figure i must have. For my mind are there some Lineol, some Elastolin, some Schleich, even some Bully, most of the figures from Ana Very Happy, than some Colorata, Papo, Collecta and many moors. I think you have to flavor your own collection how you like it.

Torben
Back to top Go down
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The American buffaloes question !   The American buffaloes question ! EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 9:03 pm

Admin wrote:

Ok Kiki,

i think it´s a good comparision. You see a animal figure and you think, not bad. You see new figures in a catalogue and you think not bad (sometimes the figure is better in original than in catalogue). But it gives figures where you cry, that´s the figure i must have. For my mind are there some Lineol, some Elastolin, some Schleich, even some Bully, most of the figures from Ana Very Happy, than some Colorata, Papo, Collecta and many moors. I think you have to flavor your own collection how you like it.

Torben

that's it , Torben Very Happy That's it !
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Country/State : NRW, Germany

PostSubject: Re: The American buffaloes question !   The American buffaloes question ! EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 9:19 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Admin wrote:

Ok Kiki,

Torben

that's it , Torben Very Happy That's it !

Hi Kiki my friend,

thanks for your answer. I think we are all animal collectors on a high level. Some are young and in the beginning of their collection, some others haven´t enough money to realize their dreams. A small part of us collectors can buy most of the news of each year. But i think we are all familiar, some items one other have not, have an other. So we can show all to other.

Torben
Back to top Go down
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: The American buffaloes question !   The American buffaloes question ! EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 1:46 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

Well it's like Schleich has the good recipe, everything is clean and perfect, the dish is beautiful, the cooking t° and time are perfectly matched.... cheers But at the last moment... when it's time to eat that beautiful meal... The salt !!! no salt !!! You forget the salt !!! pale Nearly perfect but a little bit tasteless...

The Papo and CollectA are more spicy and "kicking" IMHO cherry bom cheers

What now?
I know, that when we grow older, that we are starting to act like little children or even a baby again...
We start to talk funny (goo go, gaga...)
We move our limbs funny with no control at all...
We get beeing fed again...
We need assistance to go to the toilet, and a nice sweet sister needs to chance our dipers...
BUT CHRISTOPHE, already NOW??? affraid Wink

But i understand your point, and that of Torben perfectly, and you both are right, it is the finishing touch that Schleich misses sometimes...

PostSubject: baltimore zoo   The American buffaloes question ! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 7:46 am

From the photos of all the American buffalo's, the new 2010' Papo is the best!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The American buffaloes question !   The American buffaloes question ! Empty

Back to top Go down

The American buffaloes question !
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next