Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 

My Bullyland animals (mostly birds)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: My Bullyland animals (mostly birds)   Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:38 pm

I'm not a fan of this brand, but I like their birds

Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My Bullyland animals (mostly birds)   Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:58 pm

I am a fan of this brand because of their birds! Laughing
You have the cockatoo! It hasn't arrived yet in Portugal. I hope to find it this year! :) The caribou is also a very nice figure and you'll find in this brand, that among many not very interesting figures, you can find some very good surprises! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vivien

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My Bullyland animals (mostly birds)   Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:58 pm

Again,you have selected the most beautiful ones,Bojan. Shocked Suspect Laughing
You are right,Bullyland makes many toyish and unrealistic figures but in my opinion they are the best brand at Birds,especially at Birds of Prey and they made some nice dogs also. :) Have you seen the 2012 releases?They are very nice. Very Happy

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: My Bullyland animals (mostly birds)   Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:00 pm

I like Bully birds too.
But oh my, this cockatoo is so huge! Shocked scratch I haven't bought it because I thought it is big, but I didn't think it is SO big.
Why did they make it that huge, I wonder... Maybe the parrot belongs not to their wildlife, but 'Pets' lineup?

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My Bullyland animals (mostly birds)   Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:14 pm

Again a very good selection, the birds of prey are excellent and the reindeer is IMHO the best on the market now.

bojan

PostSubject: Re: My Bullyland animals (mostly birds)   Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:24 pm

Well, there is one shop in our capital that sells Bullyland. I went there to buy birds of prey, but then I saw that Caribou Very Happy

Cockatoo is really big, I don't know it was made that big, but since there were no more birds of prey, I had to buy that huge bird too!

Can't wait for the new Seagull and Toucan!!!

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: My Bullyland animals (mostly birds)   Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:33 am

I m also fond mainly with their bird collections. The rests are secondary.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collector/ken-yeo
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My Bullyland animals (mostly birds)   Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:14 am

WONDERFUL collection you have, Bojan cheers

Bullyland has made a lot of wonderful models, but they do have more "toy-ish" models than the other brands Wink

Their older cats and dogs are wonderful, they have great forest animals also, - and the birds, of course. And prehistoric mammals, and... Rolling Eyes drunken

Yes, the Inka cacatoo is large, but it would be very difficult to make the feathers on the head so detailed if it was smaller, I think. scratch

Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: My Bullyland animals (mostly birds)   Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:03 am

I love Bullyland, mainly their ungulates and birds drunken you have a lovely collection and my all time favourite, the Caribou cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
widukind

PostSubject: Re: My Bullyland animals (mostly birds)   Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:59 pm

I like Bullyland too!! Congratulation!!

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My Bullyland animals (mostly birds)   Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:40 pm

Great collection of Bullylands! I love reindeer and many of birds I love you Very Happy Congratulations!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
bojan

PostSubject: Re: My Bullyland animals (mostly birds)   Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:54 pm

@HKHollinstone wrote:
I love Bullyland, mainly their ungulates and birds drunken you have a lovely collection and my all time favourite, the Caribou cheers cheers

My favourite is also the Caribou Cool

PostSubject: Re: My Bullyland animals (mostly birds)   Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:07 pm

more pictures

Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Bullyland animals (mostly birds)   Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:31 pm

Now I see your beautiful Bullyland much better! Wink
Back to top Go down
Vivien

PostSubject: Re: My Bullyland animals (mostly birds)   Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:29 pm

They are even more beautiful on your close-up pictures,please keep posting. Wink :)
Back to top Go down
bojan

PostSubject: Re: My Bullyland animals (mostly birds)   Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:24 pm

New bird for my bullyland collection, went to the shop to buy schleich camargue horses and noticed four bullylands on the schleich stand (koala baby, one cat, one horse and this bald eagle)

Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Bullyland animals (mostly birds)   Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:30 pm

That's great Bojan! :) We always bring something more, that's a little problem! Laughing
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: My Bullyland animals (mostly birds)   Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:02 pm

Congrats Bojan, he's nice!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: My Bullyland animals (mostly birds)   Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:58 pm

Bullyland is MY FAVORITE TOP ONE BRAND! They make an incredible choice of unseen animals and... THEY ARE NOT MADE IN CHINA!!!!
Back to top Go down
Vivien

PostSubject: Re: My Bullyland animals (mostly birds)   Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:22 pm

@Bowhead Whale wrote:
Bullyland is MY FAVORITE TOP ONE BRAND! They make an incredible choice of unseen animals and... THEY ARE NOT MADE IN CHINA!!!!
That's a very interesting opinion,Valerie! :) I think you are the first one who has this brand as his favorite,apart from our Bullyland-Queen Susanne,of course. Wink
I'm not that impressed by them to be honest,mainly because of the toyish looking of many figurines. Rolling Eyes And they do make some of their animals in China,I just got one today that is marked "made in china". :) Nevertheless,they have also some strengths,I LOVE their birds of prey for example. cheers
One of the reasons why I love this forum is that there are so many different opinions,wouldn't it be boring if we would have all the same opinion? affraid Wink
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My Bullyland animals (mostly birds)   Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:13 pm

@Vivien wrote:
@Bowhead Whale wrote:
That's a very interesting opinion,Valerie! :) I think you are the first one who has this brand as his favorite,apart from our Bullyland-Queen Susanne,of course. Wink
I'm not that impressed by them to be honest,mainly because of the toyish looking of many figurines. Rolling Eyes And they do make some of their animals in China,I just got one today that is marked "made in china". :) Nevertheless,they have also some strengths,I LOVE their birds of prey for example. cheers
One of the reasons why I love this forum is that there are so many different opinions,wouldn't it be boring if we would have all the same opinion? affraid Wink

I know a few Bullies are made in China, but they are rather rare and mostly retired. As for their toyish looks, I'm not bothered by it; CollectA pieces look toyish, as well as Safari ltd's (by their loud paits) and Papo.s (by the exageration of their features). What I love in a toy, is to see that THE MAKER KNEW EXACTLY WHAT HE/SHE WAS DOING. Playmobil toys are the most toyish-looking toys in the world, but looking at them, we see immediately the basic features of the theme represented have all been respected. :) That makes them a great toy manufacturer.

And yes, it's always fun to see different opinions; this is why I don't like fashion too much, they tend to tell people what they should like. And what do we see around us? Feminine canons of beauty all look exactly the same like clones in the medias, many movies are popular despite their lack of stories just because they have been very advertised, while others, which are better to me, are less popular because less advertised, all little girls love the verrrrry same things (Dora and Disney princesses) because they saw them on TV (which results in seeing Dora and Disney princesses everywhere), people who change their indoors decoration because the one they have is outfashioned, people who drink some kind of drink because "everyone does that", etc, etc, etc. So, when we see different tastes and opinions in a forum... yes, it has an exciting edge.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Bullyland animals (mostly birds)   Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:04 pm

Valerie, you are so right !

Isn`t it comical seeing all these "important" people lined up along a catwalk, watching living skeletons show them how they all have to look now Laughing Laughing Laughing

About toyish models, - hmmm, isn`t Schleich near to a first price here Embarassed
But I adore them anyway Very Happy

I think that Bullyland has made some of the most beautyful and some of the most terrible animal models drunken
But almost always immensely charming Wink

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My Bullyland animals (mostly birds)   Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:58 pm

@SUSANNE wrote:
Valerie, you are so right !

Isn`t it comical seeing all these "important" people lined up along a catwalk, watching living skeletons show them how they all have to look now Laughing Laughing Laughing

About toyish models, - hmmm, isn`t Schleich near to a first price here Embarassed
But I adore them anyway Very Happy

I think that Bullyland has made some of the most beautyful and some of the most terrible animal models drunken
But almost always immensely charming Wink

What's even more comical, is to see that a few hundred years ago, those "skelettons" were totally excluded for the profit of "roundish girls". Why? Because at those times, food preservation was not perfect and famine still threatened people; so, being fat was beautiful, because it was hard to become fat. But we know now overweight is not healthy. However, today, because fat foods are cheaper than healthy foods (and lots of other causes), people tend to be overweight; so, canons of beauty are totally on the other extreme--- walking skelettons for women and steroid-satured muscles for men. Bleah.
What do I find funny about all that? It's that it seems that canons of beauty, no matter the period, ALWAYS FOCUSED ON ONLY ONE STYLE IN THE DETRIMENT OF THE OTHERS. In other words, just one style is pretty at a time and all the rest is ugly... until the canons change to exchange the roles. Why wouldn't roundish girls AS WELL AS longish girls be BOTH PRETTY AT THE SAME TIME? Why wouldn't a tall skinny man and a muscular man be BOTH HANDSOME AT THE SAME TIME? Why always exclude a style for the profit of another? See what I mean? This is what I find funny. This is what I find strange... Neutral

Last edited by Bowhead Whale on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correcting mistakes)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Bullyland animals (mostly birds)   Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:42 pm

The funny thing is that whenever a survey is made and "ordinary" people are asked, men like women with "shape", and very few women like those steroid-med Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: My Bullyland animals (mostly birds)   Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:55 pm

@SUSANNE wrote:
The funny thing is that whenever a survey is made and "ordinary" people are asked, men like women with "shape", and very few women like those steroid-med Very Happy
On that note, I've yet to meet anyone who thinks orange skin is attractive. What gives, spraytanners? Suspect

Back somewhat on topic, there's a huge difference between intentionally choosing a look because you prefer it, and simply aping current trends to be like everyone else - and this affects all areas in life, including the model hobby!
Back to top Go down
http://yakinasack.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Bullyland animals (mostly birds)   Today at 7:21 pm

Back to top Go down

My Bullyland animals (mostly birds)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next