Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Our choices for Papo 2013 ?

Go down 
+36
Tylosaurus
tyrantqueen
Metallisuchus
Kikimalou
trevok4
jesman00
Ana
Taos
Taylcoel
pm64
LukaLeon085
animalluvr6
scot(t)
Roger
Defteros
Takama
Argentavis
widukind
ken yeo
lucky luke
STORMnl
Mastiffcat
Deseo
Bowhead Whale
MartinH
Steve170
smithyboy
schleichsammler2008
Vivien
SUSANNE
Dinofiel
HKHollinstone
MARTINLATIN
kudu11
SommoDracorex
baltimore zoo
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 11:40 am

I think their new releases will not be very long list, I think it may be about 6 wildlife and then some farm life, maybe 2 woodland as well (+any sea life?)? My biggest wish for Papo is Candian Lynx (ok I said it 3rd time in this topic, sorry Rolling Eyes ) and my 3 others biggest wishes are: musk ox, water buffalo and Alligator Snapping Turtle Very Happy I would be also glad to see Ibex and brown hyena :) From sealife: sea elephant or walrus :)

I agree Papo usually doesn't choose very original species, so I have a feeling that most of new releases will be quite common but some of them may be really lovely figures anyway :)
I think it's quite possible that they will do wolverine, skunk or otter... scratch

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
trevok4

trevok4

Country/State : london UK

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 8:04 pm

[quote="Roger"]T4 is our boy of long lists! Laughing

thanks call me the boy with long lists Laughing
Back to top Go down
SommoDracorex

SommoDracorex

Country/State : Italia

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 8:36 pm

scot(t) wrote:
SommoDracorex wrote:
I just hope that this year Papo don't decides to replace the entire Wildlife line as they did Bullyland and Schleich ò_ò

I hope I'm not wrong about this, but I don't think Papo will do that. They have a really good thing going with so many of their superb wildlife figures -- the Tigers (and big cats in general, with the Lions and Cheetah), the Gnu, the Kudu, Hippo, Black Rhino, Crocodile, Okapi, Meerkats, Gorilla, the Yak -- these are fabulous figures. Surely Papo realizes that they're not going to improve significantly or at all on these figures if they tried to replace them.

Anyway, I agree with you, Sommo. I hope they don't replace any of these figures.

They could probably improve on the Elephants though. If Papo came out with a new Jaguar (and repainted the old Jaguar as a Leopard), I'd be in heaven. I'd love to see a couple more wild cats as well: Clouded Leopard, Ocelot, Caracal, Serval... oh, that would be really heavenly.

And while I don't think their recent Gemsbok is as strong as their Gnu and Kudu, I'd love it if they released a Bongo or Hartebeest. Can you imagine and Papo Hartebeest along the lines of the Gnu and Greater Kudu?? Again, heavenly.

Finally, I know I'm repeating myself, but I want to see Papo continue with some more great Dogs. Their Bull Terrier and Mastiff (and even Poodle) were awesome.

Now I'm all working up and really looking forward to seeing Papo's 2013 line up.

Totally agree. Papo has great potential in terms of detail, their cats are the best in my opinion, it would be great to see a Snow Leopard or a Clouded one. Watching their wildlife range it would seem that no figures need to be replaced, but it's difficult to understand the plans of these companies (Bullyland replaced its not excellent figures with other figures even worse)... because their wildlife live has all the "common" animals I expect to see something more "daring", perhaps a Giant Anteater, since currently there are none on the market... or a Warthog? Last year I was disappointed, I hope they'll release more figures for 2013.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our choices for Papo 2013 ?   Our choices for Papo 2013 ? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Our choices for Papo 2013 ?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5