Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

sunny Please KLICK HERE to enter your suggestion for the Show-Us-Yours of August sunny

Brand Identification topic

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
persefone

Country/State : Spain

Brand Identification topic - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 9:51 pm

Thank u so much susanne, you're always helping me ^^

And...where can I find more information as a website or a catalogue...? I couldn't fine anything on internet
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 9:53 pm

Very little is known about the AAA brand, unfortunately.

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 11:10 pm

Exactly as Susanne, my first instinct was to search it among old Safari figures, really similar. :) though, as it was already identified and as you noticed seeing the markings, it is AAA figure. Very Happy I've found it in ended auctions on EBAY.
4U is also right, we don't know too much about AAA... unfortunately. Sad

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
persefone

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 11:23 pm

Wow! Thanks all of you! So... I'm very lucky finding this horse! And only 3€... I'll return to this shop hoping for more new great horses
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 11:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Wow! Thanks all of you! So... I'm very lucky finding this horse! And only 3€... I'll return to this shop hoping for more new great horses

Lucky you !!! AAA horses are hard to find, and often very beautyful  cheers 

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 6:05 pm

I want to know the brand of this sea animals. I think that are figurines from US cereales or.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 6:19 pm

They are so neat and fine  cheers 

Where do you find all these nice rarities ?  Shocked Applause Applause 

DaveScriv

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 6:21 pm

I want to know the brand of this sea animals. I think that are figurines from US cereales or.

I notice Hugh (smallscaleworld) is here, and he is more likely to know than anyone.

Perhaps this forum should have a special section for premiums/free gifts?
Most are unmarked and difficult to identify, and it would keep all these little puzzlers in one place.  scratch 
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 6:37 pm

They are so neat and fine  cheers 

Where do you find all these nice rarities ?  Shocked Applause Applause 

Thank you, simple answer- on ebay  Very Happy Very Happy 

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 6:38 pm

I notice Hugh (smallscaleworld) is here, and he is more likely to know than anyone.

Most are unmarked and difficult to identify, and it would keep all these little puzzlers in one place.  scratch 

Thank you Dave , it is a good idea. I think a special section for model train figurine brands is also interesting. There are also a lot of animals Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 7:13 pm

As I doubt 'Admin' would want to add a multitude of additional sections to the forum, how about just one section for 'assorted small stuff' (I'll leave it to others to dream up a name for it), to cover:
premiums/free gifts (with cereals, coffee, & other products)
McDonalds, Kinder Egg and others where it is more part of the product, so not quite as above.
Animals and associated people (farm workers, zoo keepers, circus performers, etc.) from model train and car brands (The Corgi brand circus vehicles spring to mind).
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 9:45 pm

Andreas they are from the US company MPC and were released as both loose animals in bins and in a cereal. You can see the list of 12 figures at Toyanimal.info page here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
 I don't have the needlefish or barracuda, if you could provide us with a photo of each to use at the wiki that would be great. :)

Back to top Go down
http://schleich.animobil.info
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 5:18 am

Thank you Dave , it is a good idea. I think a special section for model train figurine brands is also interesting. There are also a lot of animals Very Happy

Gentlemen, I will be the bad guy on these points. First this discussion is a bit off topic and should be in the "Instructions for use" section  Wink . It's not a big problem but indeed it is a good example of how we are using sections and topics. Since our forum birth, freedom is one of our guidelines, it is a very good thing but it has also some consequences: We are a messy forum... On the last twelve months, we opened 2718 topics and I don't know how many topics we have lost in the same time. We have a "collections " section but members continue to use other sections to show their collections. We have a " Collector's life" section to discuss collectors problems but members are often using the "General reviews and discussions " section to do so. A big parts of the topics have funny titles that give no chances to a member to know what is it about... And I can tell you so much stories like that. Admins are spending their time to tidy up our messy playground.
We already have a lot of sections and adding more won't help I'm afraid. For example, a member opened a topic about how to clean his models in the "collector's life" section, another one did the same thing in the "general reviews" section and a third one a topic about "how to clean my Schleich ?" in the Schleich section and so on...
Opening too much sections will result in to more confusion possibilities. What about Mertens, Preiser? In the train figurine or in the "LINEOL - ELASTOLIN and German companies" section ? What about Prior, MPC, Sinclair, Linde, Höfler ?
One of the curse of this place is the topics titles, they are sometimes funny, very surprising but most of the times they are useless because they are not enough informative. Admins are again spending a lot of time to change some titles and to merge "double" topics but it is often like emptying the sea with a thimble.
A good topic title in the good section is the best way to help each other IMHO  Wink 

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 7:21 am

Andreas they are from the US company MPC and were released as both loose animals in bins and in a cereal. You can see the list of 12 figures at Toyanimal.info page here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
 I don't have the needlefish or barracuda, if you could provide us with a photo of each to use at the wiki that would be great. :)

Thank you Tim, and i can do that :)

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 7:33 am

Christophe, you are not the bad guy. All admins did a good job and i know they give a lot of time- time that i dont have for all this things. And i dont think this is a discussion. But i like Daves idea because there are a lot potencial for our hobby. And my idea comes last weekend as i visite a model train covention. I know there are any brands with animal figurines, and i remember me for your wonderful Merten Bantengs and any more. And i also saw a few thing by this convention, i will share more soon. And i think you know that intention is to know all the special specie from all the brands, yes like Tims idea (if i had more time). And so it was for me onpy a idea and not a discussion.  But if you like this ideas too we can think about tzat (also for names)Wink Very Happy 

stecal

Country/State : dorset england

PostSubject: Does anyone know the brand?   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 11:31 pm

Hi does anyone know what brand these are in the ebay link sorry didn't know where to post this
thanks

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collections/by/stecal
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 8:44 am

I don't know the brand, but they look awesome  cheers 

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 12:09 pm

I don't know the brand, but they look awesome  cheers 

I agree, but is it possible they are by Little Buster.

We have also a own section for that

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 12:49 pm

Yes, maybe Little Buster?

stecal

stecal

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 6:42 pm

hi i have found them they are by big country toys according to amazon.com they also do a longhorn set

thanks

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 1:28 am

hi i have found them they are by big country toys according to amazon.com they also do a longhorn set

thanks

Yes, they have other cattle too and Quarter horses as you can see in their website. If you buy from them, please let me know. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Valinor

Valinor

Country/State : the Netherlands

PostSubject: hippopotamus - 1988 - made in China   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 2:14 pm

This hippopotamus model arrived with a lot containing Schleich and Bullyland animals.
It has the same feel and material but is a bit smaller (height 4,5 cm, length 10,5 cm, width 3,7 cm).
Can anybody identify the brand?
And, since we collect only Schleich and will be selling this model, its worth?
Would be great - thank you!

http://www.valinor.nl/schleich
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 2:22 pm

I dont know the brand but i think it is not much worth

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 2:48 pm

Perhaps not worth much, but it is a very charming hippo  Very Happy 

Valinor

Valinor

Country/State : the Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 8:50 pm

Anouk found this old link on eBay with photos of a similar hippo:
The Canadian seller of that eBay item stated this: "This item was purchased at a garage sale. The seller informed me that she purchased it from the Calgary Zoo as part of her collection and has had it in storage for years."
We got ours from a seller in Germany.

Has anybody ever seen this hippo model for sale in the Calgary Zoo, or any other zoo?

http://www.valinor.nl/schleich
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 9:02 pm

No

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 9:59 pm

Congrats

JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 10:16 am

It's awesome! Very realistic and nice model cheers 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 12:03 am

Unfortunately I don't have too much to add. Though, I love Animal toy misteries.
Maybe it is a Calgary Zoo edition as suggested?
Googling a little, I wasn't able of finding the toy, though, in 1988, the zoo received a female hippo called Sparky. Well, much probably this figure is not representing Sparky once it arrived September 1988 and it was still a "earling".
But there was already what was probably the most famous Calgary hippo, a male called Foggy that was euthanized with almost 50 years old! Shocked
If that figure is an edition of the Zoo, I would love to have one like that. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 4:55 pm

I have these two cute little poodles. They are made of a rubbery semihard plastic material :

I also have them with fluffy surface :

Does anybody know anything about them ?

stecal

stecal

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 5:12 pm

thanks

Yes, they have other cattle too and Quarter horses as you can see in their website. If you buy from them, please let me know. Very Happy

hi i think i am going to buy a set from outback toys
thanks
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 5:27 pm

Susanne, aren't they Schleich 12505 and 12504? Or copies probably, if there is no marking scratch

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 6:02 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Susanne, aren't they Schleich 12505 and 12504? Or copies probably, if there is no marking scratch

Thankyou, dear 4U Very Happy

Yes, they could look like copies of the old Schleich  scratch 

Here they are, compared to 12505 and 12504 ( Schleich to the left) :

LeeAnn
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 6:04 pm

I thought there was something that didn't make them exact... now I see there are several somethings. Laughing It would be interesting to know the brand of these "maybe-copies."

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 6:18 pm

Yes, there are several "somethings "  Laughing 

But the general impression is very similar  Very Happy 

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 8:34 pm

Cute dogs Susanne

stecal

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 9:03 pm

hi i picked this up on ebay but it doesn't have any makers mark on it does anyone know who made it?
thanks
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 9:18 pm

It is a Nayab  Very Happy 

JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 9:27 pm

Beautiful!  Shocked Applause 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
stecal

stecal

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 9:33 pm

It is a Nayab  Very Happy 

Thank you
Steve
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Platypus by Safari Ltd.?   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 9:04 pm

I found a very interesting listing on eBay which included a very nice platypus figurine. Can someone tell me what brand it is?

Here's the picture from eBay:

Could it be the platypus from the Safari Ltd. 'Land Down Under' Toobs?

They really look like each other, but I'm far from an expert when it comes to recognizing brands Razz

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 9:11 pm

That platypus is made by K&M from the australian tube Very Happy I think it is also written on the belly  Very Happy 

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 9:16 pm

Thank you very much, Andreas! I'd love to buy this listing, but the shipping is way too high for me. But I really hope to get my hands in him once :)

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
LeeAnn
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 9:51 pm

That platypus is made by K&M from the australian tube Very Happy I think it is also written on the belly  Very Happy 

cheers cheers cheers 

Another great expert at STS

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 9:58 pm

cheers cheers cheers 

Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 11:10 am

Sow, i found this topic and then a touhgt, i have got some animals, that i really don't regonise in other topic ore on the internet, there are no markings and they are very old, ( i i thing a bit ugly (A)) But i really one know, what they are and maybe if they are worth some money ore anything?

First pic wildlife; Boar, indian elpehant, Rhino, lioness, Hippo

A deer and a bat:

And some farm animals; dogs (1 long haired, 2 short haired), cow, Lama and scheep

And the whole familie;
(with the little piglet (same size as a schleich mini figure) as comparison)

Maybe someone knows what they are :)

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 12:00 pm

wild boar, rhino, lioness, deer, wolf, calf & llama look like China/Hong Kong copies of Britains Ltd.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 12:04 pm

The bat is a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

The others are Hong-Kong copies of Britains stuff

JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 7:09 pm

Hey,

these might be just some china toys but esp. the hippo... There is "Topps" on on her belly. Is it some brand? Thanks if u can help sunny 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 7:23 pm

Topps is a brand, I believe some were sold in prize backs, and I have a basset hound that I think was made for the "Puppy in my Pocket." Very Happy Most of them look like Hong Kong Britians copies.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brand Identification topic
Page 11 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next