Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Please vote for Show Us Yours of October! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

Hand painted lines on my Giraffes?????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Arnaud

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Hand painted lines on my Giraffes?????   Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:17 pm

No, the differents shops I have visited are very far from each other (550 km in total).
Back to top Go down
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Hand painted lines on my Giraffes?????   Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:54 am

Today I looked at giraffes in 2 stores (both Müller drugstores-they're about 1 km separated) I found the newly painted Giraffe calf made in Germany, which has NO ugly spots, all the other newly painted Giraffes have spots and they were all made in China!!!!
There was also one disturbing thing: one store has new Trained Horse and Akhal-Teke Mare made in Germany, and the other sells their Made in China horses, which are really shiny and cheap looking. scratch

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Hand painted lines on my Giraffes?????   Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:23 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Today I looked at giraffes in 2 stores (both Müller drugstores-they're about 1 km separated) I found the newly painted Giraffe calf made in Germany, which has NO ugly spots, all the other newly painted Giraffes have spots and they were all made in China!!!!
There was also one disturbing thing: one store has new Trained Horse and Akhal-Teke Mare made in Germany, and the other sells their Made in China horses, which are really shiny and cheap looking. scratch

Gosh! That was what I noticed Shocked
My Made-in-China- ATs look very cheap !!!!!! Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Hand painted lines on my Giraffes?????   Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:16 am

As Numaan mentioned before, Schleich does that on regular basis.
Here is another example;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Hand painted lines on my Giraffes?????   Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:13 pm

WOW! Thankyou, Willy!
I didn`t know about that one either Shocked

Uhhhu, this is going to be an expensive subject affraid

But great cheers
Back to top Go down
Numaan

Country/State : London, UK

PostSubject: Re: Hand painted lines on my Giraffes?????   Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:13 pm

Always remember that variances are always generated when a new additional family member is added to a 'family' for sure especially if the new member is much improved in colour and texture.....it can be both irritating or fun to collect these differences Very Happy

On another note, we have discussed many times before the differences between China and German made models and the general consensus is that the German ones are better. The plastic and paint techniques are of a slightly higher quality....but there I have noticed an exception regarding the Yak.

The German made Yak is made of a Shinier plastic and has a glittery sheen like quality to it whereas the China Yak is far superior. I dont know if anyone has noticed but I also spotted this at the London Toy Fair in Jan 2011. All the models on Display were the German made model and the Yak was shiny. I am surprised as usually its the China models that can have that quality. But actually the China Yak is much better. Has anyone noticed?

The China Made Arctic fox however has the same shiny glittery look to it whereas the German one is matt white and stunning.

Very strange indeed......

I also find the Portugal made models to be of the same quality as the German ones.
Back to top Go down
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Hand painted lines on my Giraffes?????   Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:12 am

My Yak was made in Portugal and looks perfect!!!

You're right about Arctic Fox, I have the Made in China version and is terrible, hope I can find some Made in Germany

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Hand painted lines on my Giraffes?????   Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:33 am

All the models on Display were the German made model and the Yak was shiny. I am surprised as usually its the China models that can have that quality. But actually the China Yak is much better. Has anyone noticed?
Yes - I can't remember where we talked about this before, but you're right the made in China one seems nicer. But maybe there are other variations out there, as Bojan's says his is ok? scratch

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Arnaud

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Hand painted lines on my Giraffes?????   Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:55 am

Rusty showed another example : the squirrel made in China was better than the squirrel made in Germany. It depends on the models. And, most of the time, we don't have the choice, so...
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Hand painted lines on my Giraffes?????   Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:48 am

Oh, no thanks Susanne...
Yes, variations can be an expensive thing indeed, as you already know from Bullyland, but they are cheaper of course... Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Hand painted lines on my Giraffes?????   Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:21 am

When the drinking giraffe, and the stretched giraffe came out, they changed the former model and calf into a version which fitted better with the 2 new ones, so with smaller spots.

--
Willy`s photo above inspired me to buy a new giraffe ( left here).
And....Help !!!! No handpainted, white stripes, - but lots of brown handpainting affraid

Look at the legs Shocked
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The back Shocked

The tail Shocked

The head Shocked

The neck Shocked

Isn`t it MARVELLOUS ? bounce I love you cheers Laughing

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Hand painted lines on my Giraffes?????   Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:35 am

Susanne, it is waht I call real variations! What a Face These 2 figures are part from the evolution of the brand and not only variations because one is better painted than the ohter! :)
It will happen with Mojo giraffe. We can find 2011 giraffe with some different paintjob but not real variations, the Harriet 2012 version is a real variation. But this is me saying silly things and not what a hard collector like you and others shoud think! Wink
Back to top Go down
Vivien

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Hand painted lines on my Giraffes?????   Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:57 pm

Congratulations for your variation,Susanne! cheers cheers It looks...interesting. geek Laughing
Roger,have you got a picture from the two Mojo Giraffes in comparison? :) I think I haven't seen them yet. scratch
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Hand painted lines on my Giraffes?????   Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:04 am

Congratulations for your variation,Susanne! cheers cheers It looks...interesting. geek Laughing
Roger,have you got a picture from the two Mojo Giraffes in comparison? :) I think I haven't seen them yet. scratch
Vivien, I only have a picture from factory but it is not the finished figure so I hope you can see a comparison picture very soon! flower
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Hand painted lines on my Giraffes?????   Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:35 am

I checked my Schleich yak first, it was made in Portugal, but is a little bit shiny to in certain light... Rolling Eyes

Your second giraffe is totally different from my last one Susanne, mine is painted very nicely, and the paintwork on yours seems to be hainpainted indeed, but very sloppy here and there... Shocked

PostSubject: Re: Hand painted lines on my Giraffes?????   Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:59 pm

...Your second giraffe is totally different from my last one Susanne, mine is painted very nicely, and the paintwork on yours seems to be hainpainted indeed, but very sloppy here and there... Shocked

Yeah ! Perhaps some new employee made this one before being tranferred to kitchen duty Rolling Eyes Laughing

Fortunately Rusty is selling his, so I am getting a better one Wink
And, well, then I have this "kitchen-giraffe" as a variant Laughing
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Hand painted lines on my Giraffes?????   Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:33 am

Haha, yes, special for the queen of variants! Wink
The so called kitchen-giraffe subspecies! Rolling Eyes

PostSubject: Re: Hand painted lines on my Giraffes?????   Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:43 pm

Haha, yes, special for the queen of variants! Wink
The so called kitchen-giraffe subspecies! Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing Actually I have felt quite in love with the Kitchen-giraffe. It is not her fault that she is so ugly Wink

Ha, ha, - as far as I know, you must be the Tzar of variants then Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Hand painted lines on my Giraffes?????   Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:48 am

I think, long before, i had much more variants, specially in Schleich, but as i sold the first collection, and re-started, i lost a lot of them... Crying or Very sad
Next to that, i don't collect all figurines anymore as you know, no bigger farmlife, no dino's, so that saves me a lot in searching for variations.. Wink
In Britains, i have most stuff indeed, but ok, those are the older brands, and i collect them for about 40 years, so that is not fair... Laughing
And the title Tsar wouldn't fit me at all, i am not royal or having blue blood in any way, so Emperor Willy of old junk would be enough i guess... drunken geek scratch

PostSubject: Re: Hand painted lines on my Giraffes?????   Today at 12:10 am

Back to top Go down

Hand painted lines on my Giraffes?????
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2