Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Please vote for Show Us Yours of October! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

1998 is not considered older - so these are "new"!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: 1998 is not considered older - so these are "new"!   Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:15 am

Here are some T.M. figures I found in a "Grab Bag" Their "birthdate" is 1998...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Tom Major - Toy Maker - Tiny Mammals - True Miniatures -
Tres Magnifique Laughing drunken geek cheers

~ Sue

Last edited by Suebeedo on Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 1998 is not considered older - so these are "new"!   Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:17 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Tom Major - Toy Maker - Tiny Mammals - True Miniatures -
Tres Magnifique Laughing drunken geek cheers

~ Sue

Laughing Laughing

I think they aren`t "older" models, but it is a good question scratch

The same is, what is "vintage" ? Laughing

It has got something to do with the age, but also the age of the brand, - like Lineol, Starlux, Reisler, Plaho etc...they were made rather recently, but I still consider them "older" scratch
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 1998 is not considered older - so these are "new"!   Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:46 am

I agree with Susanne. Older animals are for me animals, they dont produced today. Also by brands they are closed. scratch

Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 1998 is not considered older - so these are "new"!   Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:45 pm

Ahahah, playing with TM? :)
Tortoise mammal? Wink Well, I know unless a crocodile that is a mammal and a tortoise too! :)
Vintage means twenty years ago. From the French, vint = twenty and age. :)
That was used with wine and now it is used with several things. Of course 20 years ago is not a rule but makes some sense, when we have 30 years old the things when we was 10 years old give use a vintage feeling. :)
Britains is a vintage brand once their glorious era was in 60's and 70's, some Schleich should be considered vintage but the brand is not a vintage brand. :)
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: 1998 is not considered older - so these are "new"!   Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:34 am

1998 definitely is not vintage... scratch and though someone who is 14 considers themselves old ~ these aren't.
So I would say that this post needs to be moved to the "newer plastic etc" section.
Actually If anyone is thinking they would like them PM me.

I don't plan on collecting them...so should this be in the For sale/Trade section???

Wink Sue
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 1998 is not considered older - so these are "new"!   Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

1998 definitely is not vintage... scratch and though someone who is 14 considers themselves old ~ these aren't.
So I would say that this post needs to be moved to the "newer plastic etc" section.
Actually If anyone is thinking they would like them PM me.

I don't plan on collecting them...so should this be in the For sale/Trade section???

Wink Sue

It is already in the right section, now you can use the same picture and open a new topic saying that they are for trade. flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1998 is not considered older - so these are "new"!   Today at 8:44 am

Back to top Go down

1998 is not considered older - so these are "new"!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1