Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair

Go down 
+16
baltimore zoo
ken yeo
Suebeedo
MARTINLATIN
krista
Tyler Loew
Gabe
Roger
Wildheart
HKHollinstone
skysthelimit
SeanieP
widukind
SUSANNE
Vivien
Numa
20 posters
AuthorMessage
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair Empty
PostSubject: PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair   PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 3:59 am

Hi everyone

I visited the London 2012 Toy fair for the third year in a row earlier this week and was much quicker getting in and out of there. Going into a place full of millions (OK I am over exaggerating) of people is too much for me to bear and all this coming from me, the London guy which is probably packed most days of the year. It was sheer hell but persevere I did just for you all...... :-)

I went straight to the Papo stall and asked the same woman I have asked the last two years if I could take some photos - she recognised me immediately and chuckled and let me. I also got a large Papo catalogue and she was very much interested in hearing about the forum. she didn’t realise that there were many adult animal collectors around and asked for the web address. I advised her to set up an account and check regularly in the Papo section and see what many of us are saying or requesting. You never know what can happen so lets keep all the Papo talk going......I did quickly ask Papo to consider making more antelopes (I can hear the groans from you antelope haters already!) and also some more ape/monkey species in particular. Creating new species was important and when told this she immediately mentioned the new 'Zorse' coming out. Unfortunately I was a little disappointed with the 2013 display as not all of the wildlife models were available - both the Zorse and the Oryx which I really wanted to touch and feel didn’t make it to London and were held back for the recent Paris Fair apparently. Such a shame! So only some wildlife models were present but I hope you will enjoy looking at the photos. One thing I did note was that the stand this year was much bigger than previous years (double in fact) with a few more representatives. I didnt ask but it must be that Papo are making a bigger presence on the worldwide toy model market and want to maximise their potential. Who knows......but the set up this year was very nice indeed.

There are too many photos and so I have put them up in my photobook album which you can access here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I had to be really quick when taking the pictures and they don't seem to come out very good due to the under lighting that the animals are standing on. Anyway enjoy! Will post photos from the Schleich stand in the Schleich section.

Last edited by Numaan on Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vivien

Vivien

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair   PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 4:18 am

Thank you very,very much for taking so many pictures,Numaan. cheers flower
Some animals look better than on the previous photos,like the Panda Babies for instance. Very Happy
I'm still not impressed from the Reindeer and Mouflon,and the black Mongrel Dog looked much better on the catalogue photo... Sad
But still a few new ones to buy in 2012,mainly I'll start collecting dinosaurs and get some
dogs. cheers bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair   PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 4:33 am

Ohhh, that reindeer Shocked Those cows Shocked Those dogs Shocked

WOW cheers I can`t wait to get the new ones bounce bounce bounce

Thankyou SO much for the pictures, Numaan !
Struggeling through floods of toy-happy people pretending they are only there for business Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair   PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 4:36 am

Thank you very much for this pic!! I think your talk with the lady and also the trip to London inclusive the trip to the toy fair was very very interesting.
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
I groans not, i agree with you. lol! lol!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair   PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 4:39 am

Great photos; thanks for taking them. I too am disappointed there was no gemsbok/oryx there--would love to see how big he/she is and if it will go with Harriet's oryx/Gemsbok. Her's is much better though I must say! Very Happy Harriet maybe down the line I can get a second one!!!! cheers

And thanks for the more antelope request! I think CollectA got that message.
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair   PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 5:42 am

Thanks for the pictures cheers cheers
Interesting thing - they came with old painting of the hyena.
So, the raindeer doesn't have that visible line on the head?

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair   PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 5:57 am

Thank you VERY much Numaan! Excellent photos!
I was hoping the Brachiosaurus would be there, but it seems as you mentioned there were several missing 2012 releases.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair   PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:38 am

Great photos! Sadly, alot of animals I was interested in seeing are missing! silent
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair   PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 9:51 am

Thanks for your pictures and mainly to be able of talk with someone from Papo, those are alienigen powers! What a Face
No oryx to see but I continue thinking that it is better than the Schleich and not comparing with Harriet's because there's no comparison here. The Papo looks a oryx, the Schleich looks like juvenil cattle. good and pretty are different things! :)
You are always a step ahead, you already saw 2013 display? What a Face affraid Laughing
Thanks again! :)
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair   PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:36 am

Wonderful photos! Thanks so much!
Could you please tell me if the antlers on the reindeer were as soft as those on their moose or stag, for example?

Tyler Loew

Country/State : U.S.A. Iowa

PostSubject: Re: PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair   PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:05 pm

affraid WOW affraid the cows look great cheers
Back to top Go down
krista

krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair   PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:10 pm

Wow, great photos.

I don't really collect mythical creatures, but the Chimera looks amazing! I consider getting that :''D
Back to top Go down
http://zombiebambiraptor.blogspot.com/
MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair   PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 5:06 pm

congrats Numann for this pix there great,,,, We love you our agent 007 hahahhaha
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair   PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:20 pm

Thanks for your hard work...struggling through the masses of people...and being surrounded by those, those...toys...Just for your forum friends!
It was nasty work but somebody had to do it right? Wink

~ Sue
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair   PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 7:56 pm

Thanks Numann for taking & sharing the photos with us!!

I especially like the Neapolitan Mastiff and the colour. even through I am not able to see the antelope this round I m still likes the others new releases.

Once again thanks Numann!

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 9:05 pm

N,
THANKS so much for posting the photos of this year's DISMAL Papo animal figures! Being Jurassic Park fan I do really like the new T-Rex(Even though, from what I've heard/read not a perfect model), but as I said, looks very much like the one in the movie.
Now, Numann, Numann, Numann, to tell her to make more antelopes....NOOOOOO! I'm not an "antelope hater")But definitely not into them), but please DON'T encourage them to make more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, but this is what separates me from the rest of you all...
Telling them more primates, very good! But more antelope....NO, NO, NO NO, NO!
Make a babirusa, warthog, Kodiak brown bear, Brazilian tapir, guanaco, caiman, California sea lion, striped hyena, aardvark, giant anteater, and MORE big cats is good! O.K., if I have to ad one antelope, I would be o.k. with a pronghorn)Because they just have more of a prehistoric look to them)!
Sorry, I'm so adamant about my lack of interest in antelopes, goats, deer, but to me, I admire them for what they are, but they also just don't have a lot going on upstairs!
I TRULY HOPE PAPO READS THIS SO THEY SEE WHAT A LOUSY SELECTION THEY PUT OUT FOR 2012!!!!!!!!!
JUST HAVE TO WAIT FOR 2013......
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair   PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 8:47 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
N,
THANKS so much for posting the photos of this year's DISMAL Papo animal figures! Being Jurassic Park fan I do really like the new T-Rex(Even though, from what I've heard/read not a perfect model), but as I said, looks very much like the one in the movie.
Now, Numann, Numann, Numann, to tell her to make more antelopes....NOOOOOO! I'm not an "antelope hater")But definitely not into them), but please DON'T encourage them to make more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, but this is what separates me from the rest of you all...
Telling them more primates, very good! But more antelope....NO, NO, NO NO, NO!
Make a babirusa, warthog, Kodiak brown bear, Brazilian tapir, guanaco, caiman, California sea lion, striped hyena, aardvark, giant anteater, and MORE big cats is good! O.K., if I have to ad one antelope, I would be o.k. with a pronghorn)Because they just have more of a prehistoric look to them)!
Sorry, I'm so adamant about my lack of interest in antelopes, goats, deer, but to me, I admire them for what they are, but they also just don't have a lot going on upstairs!
I TRULY HOPE PAPO READS THIS SO THEY SEE WHAT A LOUSY SELECTION THEY PUT OUT FOR 2012!!!!!!!!!
JUST HAVE TO WAIT FOR 2013......

There IS a guanaco already...they falsely named it llama. Wink

schleichsammler2008

PostSubject: Re: PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair   PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:29 am

Thanks for the pics! cheers But I have a question: Where is the Brachiosaurus? question Have you seen it? question
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair   PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 10:04 am

Thanks Numaan for the pics and for the antelopes also Laughing

Congratulation for your nice trip cheers
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair   PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 11:20 am

thank you, 007!

skysthelimit wrote:
So, the raindeer doesn't have that visible line on the head?
you're right. that would be bad news since that line was the thing saving me from him.

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair   PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 12:22 am

I cant wait for the great papo dinosaurs, they all looknso wonderfull. And the tylosaurus fits just right next to my papo Plesiosaurus.

i am not crazy! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] i am a Dinofiel!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] dont you just love scaley lemurs?? Aka dinosaurs! They are not birds! They are lemurs? With scales!! And feathers!!! Which ofcourse looks like a bird. Which it isnt. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
My collecting page on fb! About sclaley feathered lemur aka dinosaurs collecting.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Gekopdinos
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair   PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair Empty

Back to top Go down

PAPO PHOTOS @ The London 2012 Toy Fair
Page 1 of 1