Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1

Go down 
+90
Bonnie
A.R.Garcia
pipsxlch
rogerpgvg
bmathison1972
Caracal
Pardofelis
barracudacat
WhiteLightning Wolf
Shanti
Noémi
Bonobo
Jetty
Taos
Anne from Norway
Saien
TheLastStardust
john2xtheman
Tarunyada
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
Numa
costicuba
NightLioness
sphyrna18
Tove
widukind
LeeAnn
sauroid
Roger
Ana
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
MartinH
signatus
Wilorvise
Fisva
Takama
JonasV
koniminiatures
elephas_maximus
Florian
donny ong
SpiralStrix
ulinuk
orcagirl26
DaveScriv
arafan
NandO
Carola
pm64
AlvinCK
Saarlooswolfhound
twilighter
schleich61
Steve170
STORMnl
scot(t)
Joan Milelire
75senta75
PeGe
Arnaud
SeanieP
Tiermann
landrover
xfoxx
pipi6
Vivien
Mastiffcat
ezhilan
Kiryuha
dlfrogman
MD1985
SyLoBe
entrauner
lucky luke
remrock02
Sergey
skysthelimit
baltimore zoo
Gab
Kristie
Sumo
aandmkw
Wildheart
Rio
Lasersword1973
ken yeo
HKHollinstone
WILLYBACOMAN
Gabe
94 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1 - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1 - Page 35 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2019, 16:26

Thank you Pardofelis, Andreas and Blaine to be here.  Very Happy

Pardofelis wrote:
Nice additions with must have figures, including those that are already in my collection (CollectA Pere David's deer, Natural History tibetan fox and Papo ocelot) or will be soon (CollectA nilghai) or later (Papo lynx). For the remaining figures I already have better models of each species (panda, okapi) or they're just too big for my taste (tamarin, lemur, bat).

Better models of panda and okapi ? which ones are better for you ?

bmathison1972 wrote:
I have most of these in my Synoptic Collection, too, except the panda, okapi, and bat. I agree the bat is too big for me too and my Okapi is better (I am not at home now and I cannot remember which brand, but it's better than the new Schleich one). For the panda, I have the Safari one, but this Schleich one is really nice. In hindsight, I could have considered this one, too!!!

Well, Blaine, the bat isn't really bigger than the Kaiyodo ones you own, I have nearly the same collection and the Papo fits well with the others

The CollectA okapi is also in my collection and it is my fab among occidental modern brands but this one is excellent too and my collection isn't exactly synoptic so I need to get one. Indeed it reached the second place in his category for me. I will make a comparison topic soon.

Usually I disliked all the Schleich pandas, but this one is really serious. I like a lot the old Colorata one and Bandaï (both with baby) but they are smaller. I love also the WW Safari Ltd one but it is a big one. At the "occidental standard size" this Schleich is now my favorite so far.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1 - Page 35 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2019, 17:42

Kikimalou wrote:
Thank you Pardofelis, Andreas and Blaine to be here.  Very Happy

Pardofelis wrote:
Nice additions with must have figures, including those that are already in my collection (CollectA Pere David's deer, Natural History tibetan fox and Papo ocelot) or will be soon (CollectA nilghai) or later (Papo lynx). For the remaining figures I already have better models of each species (panda, okapi) or they're just too big for my taste (tamarin, lemur, bat).

bmathison1972 wrote:
I have most of these in my Synoptic Collection, too, except the panda, okapi, and bat. I agree the bat is too big for me too and my Okapi is better (I am not at home now and I cannot remember which brand, but it's better than the new Schleich one). For the panda, I have the Safari one, but this Schleich one is really nice. In hindsight, I could have considered this one, too!!!

Well, Blaine, the bat isn't really bigger than the Kaiyodo ones you own, I have nearly the same collection and the Papo fits well with the others

The CollectA okapi is also in my collection and it is my fab among occidental modern brands but this one is excellent too and my collection isn't exactly synoptic so I need to get one. Indeed it reached the second place in his category for me. I will make a comparison topic soon.

Usually I disliked all the Schleich pandas, but this one is really serious. I like a lot the old Colorata one and Bandaï (both with baby) but they are smaller. I love also the WW Safari Ltd one but it is a big one. At the "occidental standard size" this Schleich is now my favorite so far.

Ohhh...if the bat is a standard size (like like an Incredible Creatures figure), I will definitley consider it! Do you know the species it represents?
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1 - Page 35 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2019, 19:08

Kikimalou wrote:

For the okapi, Papo, and for the panda, another Schleich but waking instead sitting

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1 - Page 35 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2019, 21:15

bmathison1972 wrote:

Ohhh...if the bat is a standard size (like like an Incredible Creatures figure), I will definitley consider it! Do you know the species it represents?

It is supposed to be a Brown long-eared bat and you already have the Kaiyodo one. I can make some comparison pics if you like.

Pardofelis wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

For the okapi, Papo, and for the panda, another Schleich but waking instead sitting

Ok, I already shared my taste about Scheich pandas Embarassed

I know Papo okapi have a fan club here but I must say I don't like it (I've got one). For me the head is too small and the legs are too thick. I made comparison pics [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Actually, I like a lot Papo but some models are definitively not for me: gemsbok, mouflon, warthog... And okapi

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat 26 Oct 2019, 04:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1 - Page 35 EmptySat 26 Oct 2019, 00:32

Kikimalou wrote:
The Papo cave bear caught my eyes when I discovered him in real life, it reminded me the old dramatic scenes I saw in my youth books. Like a few Papo, the yak for example, it has a Lineol vintage mood I appreciate a lot.
I suspected this may be one of those models that is better appreciated in person. The Papo yak is lovely so I will keep an eye on this bear.

The mammals are all tasteful additions- the antelope and deer are both rare species and well-executed. This lynx may be the best available for this genus for combined sculpture/paint (I think the Safari bobcat paint quality has decreased). Hearing about the size makes the bat more interesting. I like this Schleich panda- do you think the Mojo version would fit well with it?

The Schleich okapi could be the one I've been waiting for. The Papo has the thick legs, and the CollectA is nice but the texture is not as convincing (and the head seems just a bit big). This new one avoids these little issues and has a pleasant overall look/paintjob.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1 - Page 35 EmptySat 26 Oct 2019, 05:42

I had the Safari Ltd bobcat (first edition, first painting), the figure was ok but the painting was already meh since the beginning.

I agree with you, for me the Papo lynx is a big hit.

About the Mojo panda, I only know it by pics so it is hard to give my two cents.

I hope I will have enough natural light and enough time to make a Schlelch okapi walkaround with some comparison pics soon..
Back to top Go down
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1 - Page 35 EmptySat 26 Oct 2019, 09:43

Kikimalou wrote:
I had the Safari Ltd bobcat (first edition, first painting), the figure was ok but the painting was already meh since the beginning.
Maybe I got lucky with mine (paint application has never been Safari ltd's strong suit).

Okapi comparisons would be enjoyable and useful!

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1 - Page 35 EmptySun 27 Oct 2019, 12:08

I have also most of these. Surely it means that I enjoy a lot these figures.
I only miss the Papo sloth, Schleich okapi and panda. The first two are under my considerations and I might acquire them. The panda I wasn't expecting to see in your collection, any special reason? monkey

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1 - Page 35 EmptySun 27 Oct 2019, 20:04

Roger wrote:
I only miss the Papo sloth, Schleich okapi and panda. The first two are under my considerations and I might acquire them. The panda I wasn't expecting to see in your collection, any special reason? monkey

Have you seen my penguins invasion ? I will make a comparison topic with Colorata ones Wink

Do you remember my [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. She is for me the best Gorilla female Schleich ever made, a great one.

Susanne told us then:
SUSANNE wrote:
Shocked I never noticed that she looks so beautyful Very Happy

And you told us:
Roger wrote:
...I often think. Well, I already have all the Schleich I need. Though, this forum is often showing me that I am wrong. That gorilla lady of 2002 is just incredible!...

The reasons why I bought this Schleich panda are the same. I often thought I already have all the Schleich I need and I'm often wrong Laughing It is an awesome model like SChleich is able to do from time to time. I would probably missed her if I never crossed her path in a shop display.

Kikimalou wrote:
Thank you Caracal and Andreas  Very Happy

Caracal wrote:
a very nice and beautiful amphibian collection! cheers   Applause  it would be cool to see them all together to compare the sizes!..

I will try to make a few pics of my extant amphibians shelves this week-end tongue

Hi Caracal, you can have a look at my extant amphibians shelves [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

Last edited by Kikimalou on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 16:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1 - Page 35 EmptyThu 31 Oct 2019, 21:56

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

Have you seen my penguins invasion ? I will make a comparison topic with Colorata ones Wink

Do you remember my [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. She is for me the best Gorilla female Schleich ever made, a great one.

Susanne told us then:
SUSANNE wrote:
Shocked I never noticed that she looks so beautyful Very Happy

And you told us:
Roger wrote:
...I often think. Well, I already have all the Schleich I need. Though, this forum is often showing me that I am wrong. That gorilla lady of 2002 is just incredible!...

The reasons why I bought this Schleich panda are the same. I often thought I already have all the Schleich I need and I'm often wrong Laughing It is an awesome model like SChleich is able to do from time to time. I would probably missed her if I never crossed her path in a shop display.

I understand and very well reasoned. Yes, I do really remember these topics and comments but apparently I missed your penguins and I love them. I am looking forward to see a comparison with the ever wished Colorata ones. I will also try to remember taking a look at this panda when in a shop.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1 - Page 35 EmptyWed 06 Nov 2019, 07:01

And now, ladies and gentlemen, it' time to show you a few WEIRDOS Laughing

Papo Scorpion
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Papo European spider wolf

Nature Technicolor Brown Scaly foot gastropod

Nature Technicolor Black Scaly foot gastropod

Nature Technicolor Phronima

Nature Technicolor Pancake devilfish

Nature Technicolor Giant ostracod

Nature Technicolor Giant oarfish

Nature Technicolor Frilled shark

Nature Technicolor Budgett’s frog

Nature Technicolor White Axolotl

Kinto Favorite Wiwaxia

Kinto Favorite Canadaspis
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1 - Page 35 EmptyWed 06 Nov 2019, 11:20

Dear Christophe, I didn't know you collected ALIENS Laughing
They are wonderful, congrats! Very Happy cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1 - Page 35 EmptyWed 06 Nov 2019, 11:21

WIerdos? Aliens? Those are my peeps! lol!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1 - Page 35 EmptyWed 06 Nov 2019, 12:33

Thank you Anna and Blaine. Very Happy

bmathison1972 wrote:
WIerdos? Aliens? Those are my peeps! lol!

Indeed, some of them are on my shelves BECAUSE OF YOU BLAINE alien
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1 - Page 35 EmptyWed 06 Nov 2019, 14:19

cheers cheers Very rare and very interesting models.

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1 - Page 35 EmptyWed 06 Nov 2019, 16:24

affraid affraid affraid affraid

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1 - Page 35 EmptyWed 06 Nov 2019, 21:47

Very impressive, not only the models and their colours, but also their presentation! Great pictures! drunken

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1 - Page 35 EmptyWed 06 Nov 2019, 22:30

very strange and beautiful! cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1 - Page 35 EmptyThu 07 Nov 2019, 00:54

I really like these ``ALIENS`` Laughing
So ALIENS are not a myth ... they really exist alien ... even in a toy shape Very Happy
Lov these models Kiki Applause

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1 - Page 35 EmptyThu 07 Nov 2019, 01:10

These models are AWESOME! cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1 - Page 35 EmptyThu 07 Nov 2019, 01:19

I LOVE your oar fish and frilled shark! The gastropods make my skin crawl I must admit. Great new additions!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1 - Page 35 EmptyThu 07 Nov 2019, 08:30

These photos are great. I had to do a Google search to check whether the Canadaspis has a shell or is hiding under a lemon. I didn't get much wiser, but I think it's under a lemon Laughing

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1 - Page 35 EmptyThu 07 Nov 2019, 11:29

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I knew Canadaspis only just before seeing a fossil of it in a museum of natural history a year ago, and making the corresponding species factsheet in my biodiversity forum :)

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1 - Page 35 EmptyThu 07 Nov 2019, 16:57

Thank you everybody for all of my new friends, especially for John Lemon the Canadaspis cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1 - Page 35 EmptySat 23 Nov 2019, 20:12

Today, it's time to show you my Australian newcomers Very Happy

CollectA Wombat

Southlands Replicas Spotted-tailed quoll

Southlands Replicas Northern koala

Southlands Replicas Southern hairy-nose wombat

Southlands Replicas Lumholz'stree kangaroo

Southlands Replicas Tasmanian devil

Southlands Replicas Eastern grey kangaroo

Southlands Replicas Platypus

Southlands Replicas Echidna

Southlands Replicas Dingo

Southlands Replicas Red kangaroo buck

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1 - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 1
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next