Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds!

Go down 
+16
Mastiffcat
lucky luke
SeanieP
SyLoBe
SUSANNE
Suebeedo
Ana
HKHollinstone
kudu11
Vivien
Roger
landrover
Kikimalou
widukind
SheWolf
Philter4
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds! Empty
PostSubject: Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds!   Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds! EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 6:52 pm

Again I have more birds, all of them are custom figures done by myself and another sculptor.  Recently I met (online but at some point I hope to see him at one of the dollhouse figure shows) a sculptor who does some fantastic bird figures.  He normally works in the two common dollhouse scales, 1:12 or 1 inch scale and 1:24 or half scale.  Since my diorama is 1:22 he can easily make the figures I need for my model so I ordered 4 storks.  They are so nice I can't believe my luck at getting him to work on some figures for me.  I can't wait for the next set to be done, I have a several different species of storks, heron, hornbill, and ibis coming soon.

I have also been sculpting some figures myself, last night I finished a painted stork to go along with my saddle billed stork. I have 5 more figures that are at various stages of sculpting, 3 more painted storks just need detail painting, an Asian open billed stork needs wings, detail and paint, and a southern bald ibis also needs wings and paint.  I'll post photos of them when I get them finished.

Here are some photos, these 4 storks are from the dollhouse sculptor, there are two on the ground and 2 in the nest.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here is the saddle billed stork I did, Ana and Harriet are trying to help me with some of the details on the legs and feet but for now I am ok with them as is.

And finally the painted stork, right now I have this one and 3 more almost done, at some point I want a mixed colony of breeding storks and herons on the Indian diorama that will contain between 30 and 40 birds, what I picture in my mind will be very impressive if I can find the space to put that many nests up in some large trees.

Last edited by Philter4 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
SheWolf

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds!   Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds! EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 7:31 pm

They're gorgeous! Shocked Surprised cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds!   Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds! EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 7:33 pm

WOW Wow Wow!!! Phantastic birds!!! BIG BIG BIG Congratulations Phil!!! cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds!   Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds! EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 7:42 pm

Congratulation Phil, yopu let me dream with such wonderful models. Cool
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds!   Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds! EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 7:46 pm

:) :)

Phil, birds in her ambients are magnific.

Interesting work. cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds!   Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds! EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:08 pm

Thanks for showin, Phil! Those are magnificent pictures of the wonderful world you are building! Congratulations! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vivien

Vivien

PostSubject: Re: Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds!   Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds! EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:09 pm

Marvellous birds,Phil sunny Very Happy Great to see them in their natural habitat! cheers Wink

kudu11

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds!   Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds! EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:47 pm

the birds look great outside cheers
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds!   Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds! EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:51 pm

I love the photos Phil and your new birds are really beautiful cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds!   Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds! EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:23 am

Your new birds are very very beautiful Phil!!! cheers cheers cheers And it's so fantastic to see Your diorama in stronger sun light, all elements looks so wonderful Very Happy That grass and trees are WOW! And great photos! Many congratulations!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds!   Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds! EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:49 am

Wonderful Phil! Are you designing your diorama and birds after a photo? I would love to see a photo of 30 or 40 birds!

Congratulations.

~ Sue
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds!   Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds! EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:43 am

They are beautyful, Phil Very Happy
Congratulations with your birds, - and with your diorama cheers

The grass looks so real, I had to look again and again.
How did you make those pictures ? They are awesome drunken
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds!   Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds! EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 1:20 pm

Absolutely amazing!

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds!   Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds! EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 2:23 pm

very nice Phil, congrats!
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

PostSubject: Re: Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds!   Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds! EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:12 pm

Thanks everyone, I am very, very happy that you all like them. Here is a photo of all of the ones I finished painting, there are 3 painted storks, 4 custom made storks, one saddle billed stork and one black stork.

These are in 1:22 scale for my diorama, but I don't have any of the brand name figures to give a comparison. To give you an idea of size the saddle billed stork is about 2.5 inches and in life is up 60 inches. the black stork and the painted storks are the next biggest at around 39 inches, and they are just over 1.5 inches each. Finally the open billed stork is the smallest at 32 inches which makes him just over an inch on the model.

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds!   Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds! EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:21 pm

great job Phil a feast for the eyes cheers sunny Cool
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds!   Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds! EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:22 pm

Phil, those are amazing!
what a wonderful flock! these outside photos show them so well i did a double take on the first photo since at first iglance it looked like real birds, then life sized models, then holy cow! model birds and model plants!
gorgeous.
i can't get over how real your grass and dirt are. i wish my next door neighbor's lawn looked as good!

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds!   Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds! EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:22 pm

They look natural as the Nature! cheers
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds!   Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds! EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:22 am

Congrats! i love you last photo!

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds!   Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds! EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:25 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Philter4

PostSubject: Re: Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds!   Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds! EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 11:04 pm

Thanks everyone, I am very happy you all like them, I have a long way to go but I did finish another bird species and have a second one well started. Again, thinking of my nesting colony I decided on a bird that might be found in the mix, the common or Eurasian spoonbill. I have a crested grebe that is sculpted but no paint yet, as I finish him I'll post another photo, but here is the spoonbill. I can't have every bird in the tree, it is just going to be too crowded, so I made a hunting pose of the spoonbill, hope you enjoy him.

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds!   Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds! EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 11:22 pm

Beautiful work! Amazing! You are getting better and better in sculpting, this one is absolutely superb cheers What a natural pose, great choice! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds!   Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 9:26 am

I love them Phil, they are brilliant cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Vivien

Vivien

PostSubject: Re: Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds!   Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 2:28 pm

Beautiful sculpture,Phil,you are very talented! sunny cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds!   Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds! EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 7:09 pm

Wow! Very buetiful photos, i'm talented! cheers cheers cheers

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds!   Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds! Empty

Back to top Go down

Another set of storks... Yes it's true, more birds!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Customs and Homemade models :: Homemade models-
Jump to: