Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

Kristie strikes again !!! The Breyer deer and a Mojo goat ! Yesssss !!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Kristie strikes again !!! The Breyer deer and a Mojo goat ! Yesssss !!!!   Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:40 pm

I have sighed for these beauties for ohhh, so long drunken

And when I saw a set in perfect condition, in the original, vintage box, I decided to try a bid. But the seller wouldn`t sen outside USA Crying or Very sad

Then I remembered that Kristie just loves deer Wink Herds of them live around her place they eat all her flowers Suspect Laughing
I don`t know if Kristie suddered at the thougt, but she agreed to receive them, if I should be so lucky to win the auction, - and I won bounce bounce cheers

When they arrived at Kristie`s farm, the male unfortunately had broken a tip off his antler, - poor Kristie, she had to tell me, and she wrapped it all carefully before sending them across the pond to me sunny
I am sure my son can glue the tip on. He is an electro-mechanic, and is used to handle tiny, tiny things very accurately.

Being Kristie, she also send the most lovely gift Very Happy
The goat from Mojo, - I have been looking for him ever since I first saw pictures of the brand I love you drunken

Well, enough talking Embarassed , here they are, Ta-daaaa cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Isn`t that goat cute ? drunken

And aren`t the deer fabulous Very Happy
I hope to take an outdoor picture of them tomorrow, but couldn`t wait to show you.

The box has a few flaws, but I am so happy to be the proud owner of one Wink

Hurraaay for Kristie bounce cheers flower sunny

PS, how old are these deer, - can anybody tell me about them , please ?

Last edited by SUSANNE on Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Kristie strikes again !!! The Breyer deer and a Mojo goat ! Yesssss !!!!   Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:46 pm

Deers are fantastic Susanne, and the goat is adorable, congrats cheers
It says they were made from 1974-1999 Shocked

Vivien

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kristie strikes again !!! The Breyer deer and a Mojo goat ! Yesssss !!!!   Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:51 pm

Really wonderful and huge deers. Shocked Congratulations,dear Susanne! sunny flower Arrww,this goat is sooo cute! I love you
Big hurray for Kristie! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kristie strikes again !!! The Breyer deer and a Mojo goat ! Yesssss !!!!   Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:27 pm

Thankyou Robert and Vivien Very Happy sunny

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Where does it say, please ? Shocked scratch

I have googeld and googeled, but can only find sites about Breyr horses Rolling Eyes geek scratch
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kristie strikes again !!! The Breyer deer and a Mojo goat ! Yesssss !!!!   Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:29 pm

Big Congratulation Susanne!!! Really phantastic animals, but the deers are a little too big for me!!! cheers cheers cheers

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Kristie strikes again !!! The Breyer deer and a Mojo goat ! Yesssss !!!!   Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:57 pm

:) :)

Treasures by Breyer. flower flower flower

OR ........by Kristie.

Congratulations.
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Kristie strikes again !!! The Breyer deer and a Mojo goat ! Yesssss !!!!   Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:31 pm

I have googeld and googeled, but can only find sites about Breyr horses Rolling Eyes geek scratch
Hmm, here it says 1974-1997 Surprised
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Kristie strikes again !!! The Breyer deer and a Mojo goat ! Yesssss !!!!   Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:36 pm

All these figures are wonderful! It's a shame I can't collect these giants and that the farm life is one of the victims of my collection! They are really great and Hurray for wonderful Kristie! cheers

Thankyou Robert and Vivien Very Happy sunny

I think Roogle found the information [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] study
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Kristie strikes again !!! The Breyer deer and a Mojo goat ! Yesssss !!!!   Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Here it says they were made until 1999

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Kristie strikes again !!! The Breyer deer and a Mojo goat ! Yesssss !!!!   Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:44 am

:) I'm so happy and relieved that they made it to you unharmed!

The Breyer Deer Family was indeed made from 1974-1997. From the era of the carrying case that yours comes with I will guess 70's. Susanne, does the round stamp underneath them say "Breyer Molding Co." only OR do they have this stamp also with "USA". The earlier models only say "Breyer Molding Co." according to Nancy Young's book. And of course, the box pretty much tells you it is a very early set! :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Kristie strikes again !!! The Breyer deer and a Mojo goat ! Yesssss !!!!   Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:32 am

Fantastic catch Susanne!
A long journey for them, but they arrived, that is important! Wink

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: Kristie strikes again !!! The Breyer deer and a Mojo goat ! Yesssss !!!!   Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:47 am

Congratulation Susanne!

I love how Mojo did the inside of the goats ears...a mottled coloring. cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Kristie strikes again !!! The Breyer deer and a Mojo goat ! Yesssss !!!!   Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:40 am

Big congratulation Susanne, both are marvelous cheers

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Kristie strikes again !!! The Breyer deer and a Mojo goat ! Yesssss !!!!   Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:57 am

Huge congratulations!!!! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://my photos http://dixieboy.rajce.idnes.cz/
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Kristie strikes again !!! The Breyer deer and a Mojo goat ! Yesssss !!!!   Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:12 am

Congratulations Susanne! They are so fabulous! Hurray for Kristie cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Kristie strikes again !!! The Breyer deer and a Mojo goat ! Yesssss !!!!   Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:13 am

Congratulations Susanne! Wonderful animals :) Hooray for Kristie cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Kristie strikes again !!! The Breyer deer and a Mojo goat ! Yesssss !!!!   Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:18 am

Congratulation Susanne! Very nice Breyer deer set!

SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kristie strikes again !!! The Breyer deer and a Mojo goat ! Yesssss !!!!   Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:52 pm

THANKYOU all cheers flower sunny Very Happy

And more thankyou to you, Kristie Wink
It says Breyer moulding Co round a "C" in a circle + U.S.A. one the inside of the leg, so they are not the very oldest ones study
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Kristie strikes again !!! The Breyer deer and a Mojo goat ! Yesssss !!!!   Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:12 pm

Carolynn might know better, but that box surely dates them no older than very early 80's. Rusty might know more about this, too! :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kristie strikes again !!! The Breyer deer and a Mojo goat ! Yesssss !!!!   Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:21 pm

Carolynn might know better, but that box surely dates them no older than very early 80's. Rusty might know more about this, too! :)

-Kristie

Early 80s is a good time, - app like my son Wink
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Kristie strikes again !!! The Breyer deer and a Mojo goat ! Yesssss !!!!   Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:55 pm

Congrats on a lovely family! I love the deer!
The Deer family were first released as a set in that box in 1974. Prior to that, the deer were sold individually. That particular box appeared in the collector's Manual only through 1980. After that, the box was not pictured in the Manual, so I'm not sure, but I think that box was used for the entire run. Or at least, that's the only box I know of for the deer, but i stopped actively collecting in late 80s, so I'm not sure. However, around 1995-1997 Breyer started changing the paint jobs on the animals and in the last few years at least the deer were painted differently.

Susanne, glue won't work to repair a Breyer, esp an old Breyer. The plastic is basically impervious to glues and glue won't stick. The piece will keep snapping off at the glue.
To repair your guy's antler you can:
(1) basically melt the two pieces back together, using either heat or a chemical solvent. That piece is so tiny heat might work. But chemical is the more certain route. Good old nail polish remover with acetone used to be the standby, but now that they don't use acetone any more, I'm not sure what would work. Maybe paint thinner? I can ask around if you want to see what current wisdom is.
Or, (2) use a molding apoxy of the type customizers use and mold the antler tip back on.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kristie strikes again !!! The Breyer deer and a Mojo goat ! Yesssss !!!!   Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:05 pm

To repair your guy's antler you can:
(1) basically melt the two pieces back together, using either heat or a chemical solvent. That piece is so tiny heat might work. But chemical is the more certain route. Good old nail polish remover with acetone used to be the standby, but now that they don't use acetone any more, I'm not sure what would work. Maybe paint thinner? I can ask around if you want to see what current wisdom is.
Or, (2) use a molding apoxy of the type customizers use and mold the antler tip back on.

Thankyou VERY, VERY much, Carolynn sunny I love you flower I love you scratch
I can imagine my son getting so impatient that he would throw the poor deer though the room if the glue doesn`t work affraid Laughing

Yes, please would you ask around ?
I think I would rather just leave the tip off than beging working with dangerous chemicals pale Wink geek
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Kristie strikes again !!! The Breyer deer and a Mojo goat ! Yesssss !!!!   Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:20 pm

It says Breyer moulding Co round a "C" in a circle + U.S.A. one the inside of the leg, so they are not the very oldest ones study
However, the "very oldest" are very old. I checked my deer family, which I got individually in 1972 and 1974, and they all have the circle and the "USA". I have two fawns, one of which i "inherited" from an older sister when she lost interest in Breyers. That fawn dates from no later than 1971, probably late 60s, and she does not have the "USA."
So yours could be one of the oldest boxed sets. Is there a copyright date on the box? If it's anything later than 1974, it would at least tell us that much. Hmmmm, it would be interesting to check a series of boxes to see if Breyer updated the copyright date.

By the way, poor Flossie had an ear broken off while she was my sister's, and that ear still has never been reattached successfully. I think she's lucky that 40 years later her ear is still around! I suppose someday i'll see about getting it on there again.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kristie strikes again !!! The Breyer deer and a Mojo goat ! Yesssss !!!!   Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:38 pm

Aaaaar, please, please will you show us a picture of Flossie ? Very Happy
I think she is awfully lucky to have you as a mom Wink

As far as I can see there is not a copyright-sign on the box of mine scratch

Thankyou SO much for always being so helpful , Carolynn flower
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Kristie strikes again !!! The Breyer deer and a Mojo goat ! Yesssss !!!!   Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:25 am

I am not sure if paint-thinner would help, or maybe even damage the paintwork around the edge where you try to repair the model... Shocked

PostSubject: Re: Kristie strikes again !!! The Breyer deer and a Mojo goat ! Yesssss !!!!   Today at 5:00 am

Back to top Go down

Kristie strikes again !!! The Breyer deer and a Mojo goat ! Yesssss !!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next