Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What is new about the forum ?

Go down 
+41
Tarunyada
NightLioness
Wilorvise
QuollMate
Damon
JonasV
Bonobo
Bloodrayne
Elros Alvar
LeeAnn
DaveScriv
koniminiatures
cattlecollector
animalz
krista
landrover
schleich61
Kikimalou
Taylcoel
skysthelimit
Tylosaurus
ken yeo
Mastiffcat
lucky luke
75senta75
xfoxx
Lasersword1973
Steve170
SeanieP
Wildheart
Vivien
widukind
MartinH
Joan Milelire
WILLYBACOMAN
Roger
HKHollinstone
Ana
SUSANNE
Suebeedo
Admin
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

What is new about the forum ? - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 2:23 am

Thanks Christophe Very Happy

Damon

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 2:26 am

Roger wrote:
The normal version of STS takes less bandwidth than the most part of other foruns. Also, mobile version is getting useless, they are working on normal version to keep a single platform to both PC and mobile devices. :)

That's interesting cheers

QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 4:34 am

Roger recently added our zodiac animals to our profile!

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 1:26 am

What do you think about adding a resin model section to the custom/handmade section? It's a little confusing I think as to which section a resin will go in, since it's not a custom or a handmade model scratch

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 7:15 am

Resin models already have a section [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wink
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 2:46 pm

For original finish models, yes, but what about repainted or customized resin models?

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 4:29 pm

IMHO, if a model is repainted or customized, the material isn't important, resin, pvc, plastic or composition... I can't see a difference. And too much subsections often give more new problems than solutions Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 4:18 am

LeeAnn wrote:
What do you think about adding a resin model section to the custom/handmade section? It's a little confusing I think as to which section a resin will go in, since it's not a custom or a handmade model [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I was wondering what resin is? Very Happy

Last edited by Emma on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 6:56 am

What do you mean Emma ? What could be an "About STS forum" section ? I need more explanations Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 10:36 am

Kikimalou wrote:
What do you mean Emma ? What could be an "About STS forum" section ? I need more explanations Very Happy

Christophe, It is a question to clarify a suggestion study Wink  

Actually it is a good question, because according to Wikipedia, Resin is a sort of plant sap , - or artificial resin : A sort of clear plastic study scratch
I think that when we say "resin", we actually mean polyresin Shocked

Pictures of resin models here .

Picrures of polyresin here .

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 10:48 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Christophe, It is a question to clarify a suggestion study Wink  

Actually it is a good question, because according to Wikipedia, Resin is a sort of plant sap , - or artificial resin : A sort of clear plastic study scratch
I think that when we say "resin", we actually mean polyresin Shocked

Pictures of resin models here .

Picrures of polyresin here .

scratch scratch scratch Susanne... I think I am very tired or I missed something. This morning I answered to Emma's post about "About STS forum" section and I can't find this post again... I was trying to help her and It wasn't about resin. Wink

About a resin section, I already gave my two cents. Laughing
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 11:36 am

cheers lol! lol! lol!

I must be sleepy also, - reading it again I can see you ansvered another question Embarassed Sleep Laughing

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 2:20 pm

Typically when I refer to "resin" it's in the context of "a resin," as in "artist sculpted and molded model horse," but it can also refer to the material of resin, which is indeed a type of plastic, though quite heavy and expensive. Resin is what AR model horses are made from as well as copies of homemade animals from members here, that are cast, painted, and sold.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 8:07 am

Two new subsections: The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wink
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 8:48 am

BRILLIANT Applause

Thankyou, Christophe Very Happy

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 2:33 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 9:56 pm

Wink
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 8:09 pm

Panini here at STS is growing, perhaps it is time for a Panini section? Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 10:53 pm

What is Panini? Mmmm sounds like the toasted sandwiches that Nana used to make Wink Razz Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 1:09 am

LeeAnn wrote:
Panini here at STS is growing, perhaps it is time for a Panini section? Very Happy

We created recently sections to Ravensburger, Geo World and REBOR. Those are all current companies with comprehensive collections of animal figures and that release regularly new figures. OK, REBOR was a little exception once it is a starting company only dedicated to dinosaurs with still a very small collection but we agreed directly with REBOR to open it, I think our mission is also to support new companies. With did it with Mojo when it was not even known and it was a success.
Panini is an editorial that releases among many other collections, some toy animal figures, SOL90 is also an editorial and we have already a good number of topics about them.
Regarding all these points, mainly considering Panini is not a toy company, I don't think we need a section to Panini yet, however, if it turns really fashionable among our members, your suggestion will be considered for sure. Thanks! Very Happy

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Private messages: limit of our in boxes updated up to 200!!!   What is new about the forum ? - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 1:37 am

I want to informe all members that the private messages system was updated on forum and now we can have up to 200 messages instead of only 50.
Also the save box was updated to 200.
Though, remember that when the in box is full, you cannot receive messages so please keep it clean as always as possible.

Some additional info about boxes once sometimes it seems a little confuse:
- In box: it contains the messages that we receive;
- Save box: It contains the important messages that we save, so they're moved from the in box to the save box;
- Out box: it contains the messages that were already sent but not yet read;
Sent box: It contains messages that were already sent and read.

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 3:07 am

Thanks for the update, Roger

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 8:13 am

Thank you

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 9:26 am

Thankyou, both for the infor and for expanding the possible contents of the message boxes cheers

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 1:23 pm

Nice! Very Happy Thank you for the upgrade Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

What is new about the forum ?
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Life on STS :: Instructions for use-
Jump to: