Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Antelope Collection: PHOTOS

Go down 
+25
Gabe
Kikimalou
Kiryuha
pm64
Tiermann
aandmkw
lucky luke
MartinH
ken yeo
landrover
Bullyqueen
Wildheart
Arnaud
skysthelimit
HKHollinstone
Vivien
baltimore zoo
Roger
Mastiffcat
widukind
Ana
SUSANNE
jarda
kudu11
Numa
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
PeGe

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

My Antelope Collection:  PHOTOS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Antelope Collection: PHOTOS   My Antelope Collection:  PHOTOS - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:44 am

Hmm,...
so zoos should concentrate on popular animals. Wikipedia says nothing about the problems with keeoing an d breeding polar bears in captivity?
One sure needs attractice species to attract the common visitors. Big, wild , exotic,..
otherwise it's not realistic to run a zoo. But the argument with the ambassadors ignores a fact:
if this thesis would work, subspecies and light maned lions shouldn't be a problem but ambassadors of reality,...
i don't think that all is up to date with the animals listed but those species you mentioned are more than mainstream and some aren't that endangered, they're just more popular than real endangered species.,....
i thin k my grandchildren will still see polar bears somewhere, but more as tundra inhabitants,...
Concerning the "polarlionphantrafforilla" and "Deerkuassink":

first: ana, the bonongo needs friends! Very Happy
then:it's a an educational problem. the more you reduce conservation problems to panda, polar bear, elefant and so on, the less such species are even known,...they disappear, before john doe ever noticed them,...
It's a dream and an illusion to have toys of them ever, as not enough people would buy them. and why? just because there are three tons of polar bear sculpts yet,....
So i don't think there are too many antelope-toys these days, just take a look at the species. mainstream. the most popular,... Your cats need prey! Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My Antelope Collection: PHOTOS   My Antelope Collection:  PHOTOS - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:51 am

B, I agree with you Laughing Big cats are successful and fascinating animals, just like antelopes Wink not more.

That's why I collect both.

By the way, it's true, hunting is very fatiguing for hunters... and also for preys.

Hunters are not superior to prey and not more interesting. They are both sides of the same coin.
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   My Antelope Collection:  PHOTOS - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 9:40 am

P,
Yes, zoos should concentrate on popular animals as well as less popular animals(I am just as sad to see a tree frog go extinct as I would for a more popular animal), especially ones that are either vulnerable, endangered or critically endangered.
We're not really talking about problems with husbandry/captive breeding/ and keeping of polars.
Yeah, you're probably correct about zoos having "attractive" species to attract common visitors(California condors aren't the most attractive, but seem to get attention(Due to good media coverage) since they are critically endangered). I think as long as the ambassadors are descent representations of their wild counterpart, it's a positive thing! I don't think the average zoo visitor really cares that much if the captive male lion mane's not as dark. But if they see that lion, and it makes them more aware of conservation, it's good! And I sincerely, from the bottom of my heart, hope you are correct, that your grandchildren, will still be able to see polar bears roaming the tundra.
Since you didn't think wikipedia's information was up to date, I checked one the worlds' most respected zoological society's, the "World Famous" San Diego Zoo's website as another resource for animal conservation status.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Polar Bear - Vulnerable
Asiatic Lion - Vulnerable
African Lion - "African lion is not currently endangered, but there is no space for it to live in Africa outside of parks and reserves."
African Bush Elephant - Threatened
African Forest Elephant - Endangered
Asian Elephant - Endangered
Gorilla(Listed all species and subspecies) - Endangered

Back to top Go down
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: great collection   My Antelope Collection:  PHOTOS - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 3:39 pm

i love all these antelope. which brand is the waterbuck, and bongo and where can i buy them?? scratch Very Happy Shocked
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: My Antelope Collection: PHOTOS   My Antelope Collection:  PHOTOS - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 6:33 pm

weaselfan93 wrote:
i love all these antelope. which brand is the waterbuck, and bongo and where can i buy them?? scratch Very Happy Shocked

HI there

Bongo has been sculpted by Ana, a fellow collector on the forum. You will need to contact her directly about this.

The Waterbuck is from CollectA and is one of four new antelopes by them for 2012.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My Antelope Collection: PHOTOS   My Antelope Collection:  PHOTOS - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 4:45 am

I have to add my few cts to this theme to...
I understand the love for big cats from Balti, as they are fantastic animals to see, and i love them to, my collection of lions is only more than 160+, which says enough about the manufacturers making them, good or bad models...
I like to see more new species to for my collection, and as specially antelopes and gazelles were not made very often in the past, there can't be enough for a few years from now on.
I think you stand quit alone on this theme Balti... Rolling Eyes
I won't go even in a discussion which species is really treathened or not, because even i, as an almost 50 year old guy, will probably see the time that the big apes, and most of the big cats are vanished from the wild sadly enough, and we will be only able to see them in zoo's , to sad for words actually!
The guys are right, to say, that in every possible set of animal models, from the past untill now, are lions, tigers, bears and elephants... Rolling Eyes

But i almost forgot the most important in this tread..., great collection of antelopes Numaan, and so many of the same model! cheers

PostSubject: Re: My Antelope Collection: PHOTOS   My Antelope Collection:  PHOTOS - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 9:50 pm

Welcome!
I noticed that you have 2x Roan antelope with colleagues Noah. Could sell one pair? You know, I'm still looking for those figure, but nobody wants to sell because they have only one pair, and you have two, so maybe you can sell ...? Please ... I do not want to force, but much I care .. Only one couple .. you have two pair of these antelopes, so you can probably sell one pair ..? I beg you .. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Understand me please .. Crying or Very sad
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
They are so beautiful .. much I care .. ... please help me .. only you in this forum the only one I know you have four pieces, so there's a chance to sell ... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: My Antelope Collection: PHOTOS   My Antelope Collection:  PHOTOS - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 2:31 am

Some people want bigger herds Daniel, specially rare species.. Rolling Eyes Laughing

PostSubject: Re: My Antelope Collection: PHOTOS   My Antelope Collection:  PHOTOS - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 2:20 pm

I know .. I know this, I wrote about it with Anne, and I understand now. No need to comment further.

Yours!
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: My Antelope Collection: PHOTOS   My Antelope Collection:  PHOTOS - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 5:25 am

Nobody can tell me if i have to comment more or not, specially not you stupid little boy! Evil or Very Mad
Go back to your mama and let het change your diaper! geek

PostSubject: Re: My Antelope Collection: PHOTOS   My Antelope Collection:  PHOTOS - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Antelope Collection: PHOTOS
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3