Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

MAROLIN water buffalo, Bactrian camel HAUSSER and more oldies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: MAROLIN water buffalo, Bactrian camel HAUSSER and more oldies   Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:15 am

You are welcome Senta!

Things are quit complicated, because already in the early 1900's were companies taken over...
The Austrian company Pfeiffer, who made Tipple Topple models as their brand, were taken over by the Hausser Elastolin company before the second worldwar, somewhere in the 1930's i believe.
For that reason they used many of the moulds from the Pfeiffer company, and many of those models are the same, only slight differences sometimes, and they are hard to define sometimes, specially when the models are worn off...
to make it even more complicated, the Pfeiffer, Hausser and Lineol company worked together for some years, specially for the foreign market, and shared a lot of models together in their catalogues of those years... Shocked

The other story is about Lineol, which was taken over by the Marolin company in about the same time, so they have the same moulds partly to.
But in general, you can see, that the Lineol models do have more quality, i think the best from all of the old German composition models.
After WW2, Marolin was ceased by the DDR state as a state-company, and was called VEB Plaho.
They started to make a lot of the old Lineol moulds in plastic, almost the same in many cases.
When the cold war was over, Marolin started again, and the VEB Plaho was gone of course.
Marolin made some of the models that Plaho had planned, but never made, or only for foreign countries, as nobody could pay much for toys in those DDR times, so the model range for them was limited.
Then the Marolin company made many of the older Plaho models to, but slowly they stopped that.
The Marolin company still exists, but is not making many animal models anymore... Rolling Eyes

Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: MAROLIN water buffalo, Bactrian camel HAUSSER and more oldies   Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:10 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Christophe: Very interesting variation. The lines from my animal seems a few more distinct.
It seems really, you have the more modern version with very nice details and certainly a better paint

I don't know which is the oldest between our models, Yvette. I'm even not sure they are the same models from the same company... scratch
Those models were copycated by several companies.

Here is a Danish copy Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: MAROLIN water buffalo, Bactrian camel HAUSSER and more oldies   Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:11 am

The Danes seem to like a little bit more colour on a baboon... Laughing

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: MAROLIN water buffalo, Bactrian camel HAUSSER and more oldies   Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:16 am

I have only 25 old models of Lineol, Elastolin and other old brands.
Now I want to sell five of them on ebay. including the two monkeys from these topic. My questions to the experts: What could the monkeys be worth? I do not know. scratch question

Back to top Go down
Plahotiere

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: MAROLIN water buffalo, Bactrian camel HAUSSER and more oldies   Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:54 pm

I hope you dont pay too much for this .... bad conditions ...

[quote="75senta75"]Here are some more of the old animals. Some are injured, some more, some less.The elephant's is missing a part from the proboscis and the tiger has only one half leg behind. Could it be, that the elephant, the zebra, the donkey and the hippo are from Hausser Elastolin (Catalog 1933) ? confused
Are the bear and the eagle also from Hausser Elastolin. Perhaps in the catalog from 1939/40, page 23 ? confused confused And what brand are the monkeys and the kangaroo ? study study scratch
For a better size some Schleich animals helps... sunny
Back to top Go down
http://plahotiere.tberg.de/
WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: MAROLIN water buffalo, Bactrian camel HAUSSER and more oldies   Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:12 am

For damaged models you should never pay much, only when very very rare! Rolling Eyes

PostSubject: Re: MAROLIN water buffalo, Bactrian camel HAUSSER and more oldies   Today at 4:02 am

Back to top Go down

MAROLIN water buffalo, Bactrian camel HAUSSER and more oldies
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2