Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Schleich and Safari Ltd Alpaca question

Go down 
+6
aandmkw
lucky luke
MartinH
Arnaud
SUSANNE
scot(t)
10 posters
AuthorMessage
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

The Schleich and Safari Ltd Alpaca question Empty
PostSubject: The Schleich and Safari Ltd Alpaca question   The Schleich and Safari Ltd Alpaca question EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 7:49 am

I received a batch of animals today. The best (not pictured here) were from CollectA and Mojo Fun. But I took this picture comparing the new 2012 Schleich Alpaca Stallion with the older Safari Alpaca. I think I like the Safari better. (But my girlfriend is crazy for the Schleich; so what do I know?)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

(Sorry for the picture quality. I prefer natural light; but couldn't wait.)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich and Safari Ltd Alpaca question   The Schleich and Safari Ltd Alpaca question EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 8:45 am

Congratulations with your new models flower

It is always great to se pictures comparing brands, - they are both very fine models.
Hmmm, it is hard to tell which one is the best. scratch
The Schleich one is in his summer coat, the Safari one looks like he is ready for having a spring-shave Laughing

The head of the Safai alpaca is surely by far the best sculptured one, I think .

You are right, pictures get best by natural light. I have a "daylight" lamp, but things tend to be blue´ish, and the pictures don`t have the same kind of detail as an outdoors picture. Rolling Eyes

Arnaud

Arnaud

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich and Safari Ltd Alpaca question   The Schleich and Safari Ltd Alpaca question EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 1:47 pm

Congrats and nice animals !!
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich and Safari Ltd Alpaca question   The Schleich and Safari Ltd Alpaca question EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 4:28 pm

Safari´s alpaca is the best for me :)

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich and Safari Ltd Alpaca question   The Schleich and Safari Ltd Alpaca question EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 4:57 pm

The Safari as Susanne says her winter outfit! Wink Very Happy
Otherwise there is also the Bullyland which is not bad either!! sunny

I love them all, drunken
but my favorite I love you
Bullyland is because I bought it there at the Spraitbach Store Museum. Laughing
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich and Safari Ltd Alpaca question   The Schleich and Safari Ltd Alpaca question EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 5:01 pm

lol! Cool Wink

The collection Alpacas

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich and Safari Ltd Alpaca question   The Schleich and Safari Ltd Alpaca question EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 7:25 pm

Great alpacas. I don't know which I like best. They both have their own charm.
Back to top Go down
Vivien

Vivien

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich and Safari Ltd Alpaca question   The Schleich and Safari Ltd Alpaca question EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 10:26 pm

Congratulations cheers cheers
Of these two I like the Safari one more but my favorite is the new Schleich mare. Very Happy I love the fur texture! cat

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich and Safari Ltd Alpaca question   The Schleich and Safari Ltd Alpaca question EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 9:39 pm

Ha! Susanne, I liked your "Spring Shave" comment. Good point. I like them all and just picked up the rest of the Schleich family (the female is really nice and I love how tiny the baby alpaca is).

I think I may still be partial to the safari. that is weird because I almost always end up preferring Schleich.

Thanks for all your comments!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich and Safari Ltd Alpaca question   The Schleich and Safari Ltd Alpaca question EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 9:45 am

Congratulations Scott! I haven't seen the Schleich in person, but I have the Safari and I like it very much. I might get Schleich baby alpaca as I don't like the Safari one.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Arnaud

Arnaud

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich and Safari Ltd Alpaca question   The Schleich and Safari Ltd Alpaca question EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 1:39 pm

Very nice picture !!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich and Safari Ltd Alpaca question   The Schleich and Safari Ltd Alpaca question EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 12:05 pm

I cant find a decision!!! But congratulations!!! cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich and Safari Ltd Alpaca question   The Schleich and Safari Ltd Alpaca question EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:30 am

widukind wrote:
I cant find a decision!!! But congratulations!!! cheers cheers
Thank you Andreas! You are very kind.

Arnaud wrote:
Very nice picture !!
Thank you Arnaud! I do try to take nice pictures of the animals. It's one of my favorite parts of having them. I sometimes use the Instagram app for filters though, which I have mixed feelings about. The pictures sometimes look nice at the expense of being able to see the animals perfectly. It's a conundrum.

HKHollinstone wrote:
Congratulations Scott! I haven't seen the Schleich in person, but I have the Safari and I like it very much. I might get Schleich baby alpaca as I don't like the Safari one.
Thanks Harriet!! Honestly, I'm not sure what I think of the new Schleich figures. They are great and very pleasing. But there is definitely a change. They somehow feel different from the existing and earlier figures. They are more textured and slightly more realistic. This is what many collectors prefer; I realize that. But I liked the slightly artificial, austere, and dignified look Schleich figures often have. (I'm thinking of the Lion, the Okapi, Tapir, Armadillo, Black Bear, Ibex, Yak, and so many of the Cattle--the Black Angus, Simmental and recent Holstein.) The newer figures seem more like Safari in their texture and shape, but with better painting.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. I'll probably change my mind after thinking about it more.
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich and Safari Ltd Alpaca question   The Schleich and Safari Ltd Alpaca question EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 3:30 am

Congrats! I like the Safari more and no doubt that Schleich is better in painting.

PostSubject: Re: The Schleich and Safari Ltd Alpaca question   The Schleich and Safari Ltd Alpaca question Empty

Back to top Go down

The Schleich and Safari Ltd Alpaca question
Page 1 of 1