Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 

A Suprise Package from Portugal - CollectA and others

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: A Suprise Package from Portugal - CollectA and others   Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:36 am

When I got home from work tonight there was a wonderful suprise to greet me.
A package all the way from Portugal.
There are many firsts for me in this package...

My first peacock ~ it says Procon on the bottom but is it a CollectA? The body is a lovely deep blue. Beautiful!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Mr Westie for comparison.

I don't know this swan, but the figure is lovely

Another first ~ CollectA chicken and rooster

My first Turkey...but I don't recognize this fella

My first CollectA Horse ~ The Thoroughbred mare. I am suprised at how dense the plastic is on this horse.
I don't think I could reshape the legs if I wanted to...(like I had to on an old Schleich appaloosa gelding and a Papo pony)

Then there came along for the ride - Crocorogerioberto Junior! Razz

They actually look pretty rested after such a long trip.

What a great way to end the day ~ Happy Day! sunny
I have met so many wonderful people from all over the world on this forum. What great friends. Very special! Thank you Rogeriocrocobert cheers

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: A Suprise Package from Portugal - CollectA and others   Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:46 am

Congrats Sue! Hurray for Roger! I love that peacock very much!
In fact, he's part of a big order that I've placed today Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: A Suprise Package from Portugal - CollectA and others   Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:34 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Congrats Sue! Hurray for Roger! I love that peacock very much!
In fact, he's part of a big order that I've placed today Very Happy

I just know you will be pleased with your peacock Gabe, he is lovely isn't he.
I look forward to seeing photos of your new figures when your order comes in. Wink

Last edited by Suebeedo on Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
macutt

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: A Suprise Package from Portugal - CollectA and others   Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:34 am

I just checked my Peacock it says 2008 Procon. I bought it from Australian Collecta wholesaler.
So I would have to say yes it is CollectA
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: A Suprise Package from Portugal - CollectA and others   Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:00 am

WONDERFUL package, Sue ! Congratulations cheers

That peacock is from ColectA indeed, - they were called Procon, or epixx or what-not before.
I wished somebody could tell us more sbout it Very Happy

The swan and the turkey are from Nayab Wink

Congratulations, Sue for your wonderful additions flower

And HURRAY for our Croger-roger-croccobert sunny

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: A Suprise Package from Portugal - CollectA and others   Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:08 pm

Congrats Sue, the peacock will be first to jump in my shopping basket when I enter CollectA store next time...

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: A Suprise Package from Portugal - CollectA and others   Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:44 pm

Sue, I'm glad they arrived safely! :)
I forgot to put a little note with some information about the figures. I know you appreciate it. Sad
Anyway I know a very nice forum where we can find almost all answers to our questions.
The CollectA has no tag because it was from my collection and I often remove the tags.
It says Procon because that is the name of the manofacturer that created the brand CollectA. Exactly as Animals of Australia is a brand name that belongs to Science & Nature manofacturer. So, if you catalogue your figures like I do with mine you should use the name CollectA for the brand. Previously they were called also Nature's Wonders. The brand is also sold in other countries under other names as Susanne said! :)
I hope the legs of the horse are nice! :)This is the 2nd variation of the TB mare. In fact this mould represents the first of all CollectA horses in his second variation. CollectA before having a horses series had a pony, TB mare and foal in in Woodland series and only later started with a horses line giving a new colour and reference number to this mare. This generation of horses is relatively poor and probably this one is one of the best horses from this period. It was already descontinued and replaced for a new TB made by Deborah McDermot.
Curiously I have the original foal retired in 2007! What a Face
The swan and turkey are cheap toys sold under Atosa name in Portugal. They use Nayab moulds and I think that they also use Chap Mei and New-Ray moulds in other series.
These 2 I'm almost sure they are Nayab as already told before here. The swan is very nice, although the CollectA is far better!
The little croc is a K&M and you also need the cute chicks for your CollectA chickens! :)
That's a poor package compared with yours anyway I'm glad you love them! flower

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: A Suprise Package from Portugal - CollectA and others   Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:51 pm

The peacock is beautiful!

I was just admiring those CollectA chickens on TGF Toys website. Did you know that they have hatching chicks, too???

Congrats Sue!

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
dlfrogman

Country/State : Idaho USA

PostSubject: Re: A Suprise Package from Portugal - CollectA and others   Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:25 pm

I hate to keep plugging my CollectA sales but cheers cheers cheers cheers Don't forget I can order any of them for you at a great price cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: A Suprise Package from Portugal - CollectA and others   Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:56 pm

:) :)

Peacock CollectA is stunning..¡

Congrats Sue ....hurray Roger.

Great gift... cheers cheers

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: A Suprise Package from Portugal - CollectA and others   Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:34 pm

Hurray for Roger cheers cheers these are fabulous Sue, congratulations cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Suebeedo

PostSubject: Re: A Suprise Package from Portugal - CollectA and others   Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:34 pm

Yes, thank you everyone for your kind comments!

Hurray for Roger! cheers cheers cheers

I love them all.

As you others who have received figures from other members know - they are extra special just because of that. drunken I love you

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: A Suprise Package from Portugal - CollectA and others   Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:44 pm

Big Congrats,Sue! cheers cheers
And I thought the Safari Peacock is beautiful but the CollectA one easily beats it... pale drunken Hurray for Croger cheers cheers

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: A Suprise Package from Portugal - CollectA and others   Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:02 pm

Congratulations, the peacock was my first Collect A after seeing one in Rusty's thread. It's a great figure and better than the old Schleich one I think

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://schleich.animobil.info
Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: A Suprise Package from Portugal - CollectA and others   Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:07 pm

what a generous wonderful package! i love every one of the birds. there are so many beautiful bird figures that i imagine in an alternate universe i could collect only birds.
congratulations Sue!
cheers crocobert! cheers

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: A Suprise Package from Portugal - CollectA and others   Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:20 am

Congrats Sue! I like the turkey!!

bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: A Suprise Package from Portugal - CollectA and others   Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:07 am

All the feathers.... Wonderful Peacock!

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: A Suprise Package from Portugal - CollectA and others   Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:31 am

Congratulations Sue!!! cheers Fantastic animals cheers Isn't this peacock lovely and beautiful? drunken

Hooray for Roger cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: A Suprise Package from Portugal - CollectA and others   Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:13 pm

Congratulations Sue!!! The peacock and also the other animals looks phantastic!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

PostSubject: Re: A Suprise Package from Portugal - CollectA and others   Today at 8:44 pm

Back to top Go down

A Suprise Package from Portugal - CollectA and others
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1