Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 
 

 My first attempt of a custom

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Arrakai



Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-06
Posts : 784

PostSubject: My first attempt of a custom   Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:12 pm

I got realy inspired when I saw Ana´s beautiful custom animals. It grew even more with HKHollinstone, Yurumi and the rest of your fantastic customs.

So, I got out and bought some clay and paint....

I just have to ask... How do you do it???? The clay is hard to work with, you cant get the animals to stand, as the legs just bent, because the clay is too soft. When you try to do the ears, you totaly flatten the head etc etc etc... No Mad

It says that practise maks perfect, right? Hope that there are some thruth in that Rolling Eyes

Been modeling all week, and this is what I have accomplished. Embarassed

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

actually pretty happy with this one :)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

some more;
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thats all I had time to do so far. Just have to keep practicing Laughing Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin


Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15189

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt of a custom   Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:00 am

I'm not an artist myself but you made good attempts Anna !
I will not talk about technical advises, the sculptors here will do that soon I'm sure, but for me you have the most important things : ideas, imagination and you've got a cheek ! cheers
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
Moderator


Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 24
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11310

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt of a custom   Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:28 am

Anna they are soooooooooo adorable, gorgeous! sunny You did a fantastic job! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Wildheart



Country/State : Bucharest,Romania
Age : 20
Joined : 2010-04-29
Posts : 2186

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt of a custom   Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:54 am

They would be great characters for an animation show!
The rabbit(called him BoBo)is so cute!The cat and mouse are also very creative!
Back to top Go down
http://theboundariesofcollecting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min
Arrakai



Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-06
Posts : 784

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt of a custom   Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:44 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
They would be great characters for an animation show!
The rabbit(called him BoBo)is so cute!The cat and mouse are also very creative!

Laughing Great name for the rabbit, he ate to many carrots and passed out Razz

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Anna they are soooooooooo adorable, gorgeous! sunny You did a fantastic job! cheers

Thanx Very Happy First I tried to make some realistic, but when I failed, I got irritated and made some more comic instead, like the rabbit

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I'm not an artist myself but you made good attempts Anna !
I will not talk about technical advises, the sculptors here will do that soon I'm sure, but for me you have the most important things : ideas, imagination and you've got a cheek ! cheers

Thanx Kiki Very Happy After a week of sculpting, it feels like all my ideas have run dry, but maybe if I wait some days I´ll get more of them What a Face

Back to top Go down
Wildheart



Country/State : Bucharest,Romania
Age : 20
Joined : 2010-04-29
Posts : 2186

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt of a custom   Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:00 pm

A koala with a cowboy hat or a boomerang in his hand!
A penguin with glasses!
A platypus!
Back to top Go down
http://theboundariesofcollecting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min
Arrakai



Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-06
Posts : 784

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt of a custom   Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
A koala with a cowboy hat or a boomerang in his hand!
A penguin with glasses!
A platypus!

Great tips. I´ll try that out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MartinH
Moderator


Country/State : Czech Republic
Age : 34
Joined : 2010-08-24
Posts : 2895

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt of a custom   Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I got realy inspired when I saw Ana´s beautiful custom animals. It grew even more with HKHollinstone, Yurumi and the rest of your fantastic customs.

So, I got out and bought some clay and paint....

I just have to ask... How do you do it???? The clay is hard to work with, you cant get the animals to stand, as the legs just bent, because the clay is too soft. When you try to do the ears, you totaly flatten the head etc etc etc... No Mad

It says that practise maks perfect, right? Hope that there are some thruth in that Rolling Eyes

Been modeling all week, and this is what I have accomplished. Embarassed

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

actually pretty happy with this one :)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

some more;
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thats all I had time to do so far. Just have to keep practicing Laughing Rolling Eyes

wonderful work!
Back to top Go down
http://my photos http://dixieboy.rajce.idnes.cz/
aandmkw



Country/State : Gardendale, TX
Age : 38
Joined : 2010-04-04
Posts : 2354

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt of a custom   Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:17 am

They are definately cute. The only thing I can tell you is that most people use a wire frame and that way the legs don't bend or fall off and the ears have something to stick to and the face has a basic shape. I have never tried to do it, but I hope to soon. I think your are very cute. I especially like the sitting up fox and the rabbit.
Back to top Go down
Arrakai



Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-06
Posts : 784

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt of a custom   Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
They are definately cute. The only thing I can tell you is that most people use a wire frame and that way the legs don't bend or fall off and the ears have something to stick to and the face has a basic shape. I have never tried to do it, but I hope to soon. I think your are very cute. I especially like the sitting up fox and the rabbit.

Hmm, thats a good tip. Any special kind of wire? Or will any do? Have to go buy some of that.

Thanx Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aandmkw



Country/State : Gardendale, TX
Age : 38
Joined : 2010-04-04
Posts : 2354

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt of a custom   Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
They are definately cute. The only thing I can tell you is that most people use a wire frame and that way the legs don't bend or fall off and the ears have something to stick to and the face has a basic shape. I have never tried to do it, but I hope to soon. I think your are very cute. I especially like the sitting up fox and the rabbit.

Hmm, thats a good tip. Any special kind of wire? Or will any do? Have to go buy some of that.

Thanx Very Happy

I'm not sure. That would a question for Ana or Harriet or Phil or Danny. They are the specialists in that area.
Back to top Go down
Wildheart



Country/State : Bucharest,Romania
Age : 20
Joined : 2010-04-29
Posts : 2186

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt of a custom   Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:22 pm

I saw wire used for trees,and it was normal one,covered in a glossy coloured plastic wrapping!
Back to top Go down
http://theboundariesofcollecting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min
Wildheart



Country/State : Bucharest,Romania
Age : 20
Joined : 2010-04-29
Posts : 2186

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt of a custom   Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:26 pm

What type of clay do you use?You know any sites that sell it and send it to Romania?
What type of paint do you use?
Back to top Go down
http://theboundariesofcollecting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min
Arrakai



Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-06
Posts : 784

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt of a custom   Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
What type of clay do you use?You know any sites that sell it and send it to Romania?
What type of paint do you use?

The clay I use is called "cernitlera" You can buy it at any hobby store here in sweden.
dont realy know if there are any site that sells it, since I didnt buy it on internet.

I use ordinary acryllic paint, in tubes. the ones I got is called "duncan".

I´m not realy an expert on this stuff, just learning my self. Like amy said, the best persons to ask are the experts, like Ana, Harriet, Phil or Danny.

Sorry if I couldnt help you Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Wildheart



Country/State : Bucharest,Romania
Age : 20
Joined : 2010-04-29
Posts : 2186

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt of a custom   Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:39 pm

Ty for the info...The search beggins!
Back to top Go down
http://theboundariesofcollecting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min
HKHollinstone
Moderator


Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 24
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11310

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt of a custom   Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:55 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I´m not realy an expert on this stuff, just learning my self. Like amy said, the best persons to ask are the experts, like Ana, Harriet, Phil or Danny.
Well, actually, I don't use wire because the clay I use doesn't stick to it. But the clay is reasonably strong, so I don't really need wire. The clay I use is called Mungyo "sculpt dry", it's quite expensive about £5.00 for a packet or 1kg, but I really like using it. So I'm of no help to you in using wire either Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: My first attempt of a custom   Today at 8:49 pm

Back to top Go down
 
My first attempt of a custom
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» MOC's Custom lego items
» Custom Tutorial Thread
» Ork custom
» deville tail lights with buckets for custom install $100
» Custom Bumpers

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Customs - Homemade models - Non toy animal replicas :: Custom figures and accessories-
Jump to: