Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Great Britains!!!

Go down 
+12
Vivien
landrover
Kristie
Ana
SUSANNE
HKHollinstone
widukind
jarda
Kikimalou
Tiermann
Suebeedo
Roger
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Great Britains!!! Empty
PostSubject: Great Britains!!!   Great Britains!!! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 4:08 am

This last week was a Vintage one and my beloved Britains collection is growing! Very Happy
First a group of figures from a trade with Taylor again! Wink

A very wanted and also very good figure, the Asian elephant adulte
Great Britains!!! Britains-asianelephant
Britains 1311 Deetail Asian Elephant,

There's also an older version that I still miss as well as the adulte African elephants. This one is marked with the year 1972

Here a comparison picture with the retired Schleich Asian elephant male. You can see that the size is almost the same but some elements are larger in Schleich figure, head, paws, trunk, etc.

Great Britains!!! Schleich-britains-asianelephants

Another interesting figure is the adulte crocodile with opening mouth.

Great Britains!!! Britains-croc
Britains 1325 Deetail crocodile with opening mouth

In this picture you can see the mechanism that makes the mouth close and open. Who knows the other croc?

Great Britains!!! Crocoheads

There's another gnu and pelican with open wings in my collection once the previous figures didn't stand! drunken

Great Britains!!! Britains-gnus
Britains 1353 Deetail wildebeests

Great Britains!!! Britains-pelican
Britains 1381 Pelican with open wings

A farm series figure, this cute donkey here presented with the friend of the same scale made By Breyer. albino

Great Britains!!! Breyer-britains-donkeys
Breyer stable mate and Britains donkeys

In this batch also the brown bear

Great Britains!!! Britains-brownbear
Britains 1336 Vintage brown bear

As my Britains collection is called Britains and Friends, here exceptionally I'll present my first Starlux figure, also from Taylor, the Starlux cave bear. A hard guy! What a Face Very Happy

Great Britains!!! Starlux-cavebear
Starlux cave bear

Another impressive figure is this Indian gaur, a very interesting sculpting and a great species choice Britains made at this old time! :)

Great Britains!!! Britains-gaur
Britains 1321 Deetail Indian gaur

Admin
Roger

Great Britains!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Britains!!!   Great Britains!!! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 4:09 am

After the Taylor's package, I received a figure that I wanted so badly that it was bought in Ebay with the help of Robert and Harriet! Thanks to both of you. flower cheers
It was the water buffalo, not because that was an exciting figure but because I always wanted to have in my collection this species. It is curious that are some Vintage wanter buffalos and they are hard to find in modern brands. In the other hand, it looks all modern brands have cape buffalos and these are hard to find in vintage brands in 1:32 scale. I only know the Starlux cape buffalo and it looks very small for this scale as happens with this Britains figure! What a Face

Great Britains!!! Britains-waterbuffalo
Britains 1356 Vintage water buffalo

This figure was only available between 1962 and 1969 what is a very short time in Britains standards.
Maybe they figured that the figure was very small like a domesticated water buffalo, a carabao or who knows, a tamaraw! scratch
Here in comparison with the larger gaur

Great Britains!!! Britains-asianbulls

With this bull arrived a okapi with a complete paintloss that I really don't need but much more important. Harriet not only helped me to make the water buffalo arrive to Portugal as she joined a Britains bactrian camel foal as a gift! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Ahahah, she said it was a baby to my lead camel and she was right because this one is the older Vintage version.
Interesting fact is that Willy was sending me some more Britains figures among them another Britains camel foal. But Willy's is the Deetail version that is smaller and of a different color. Lucky me! Very Happy

Great Britains!!! Britains-camelfoals
Britains 1352 Vintage and Deetail Bactrian camel foals

From Willy 2 more Britains gifts! :)
The sea lion, here pictured with the fantastic CollectA sea lion!

Great Britains!!! Collecta-britains-sealions
CollectA sea lion and Britains 1329 sea lion

And my 3rd Britains farm animal, a little turkey! Wink
Britains 2251 Vintage turkey

Great Britains!!! Britains-turkey

In a short period I already have arround 60 Britains figures. As I don't have paypal it is only possible with the help of the friends of this forum and I'll never feel tired of saying ... THANKS!!!! cheers

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

Great Britains!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Britains!!!   Great Britains!!! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 4:22 am

Wonderful, wonderful!

Congratulations Roger on your "new to you" Britains!

I love the Guar!

I'll be adding that to my Britains Want List. Wink

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

Great Britains!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Britains!!!   Great Britains!!! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 5:31 am

Congratulations, lots of great figures there. Very interesting to see the range of these older ones.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Great Britains!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Britains!!!   Great Britains!!! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 6:33 am

Congratulation Roger, I love the Gaur and the BRITAINS Asian elephant is still a lesson for sme modern manufacturer Wink
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

Great Britains!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Britains!!!   Great Britains!!! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 7:01 am

Kikimalou wrote:
...the BRITAINS Asian elephant is still a lesson for sme modern manufacturer Wink

Exactly! All the adult Britains elephants are great and I think far more realistic than current Schleich models (and not the Schleich only) Wink Congrats, Roger!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Great Britains!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Britains!!!   Great Britains!!! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 7:14 am

Congratulations Roger, wonderful great animals. I love the gaur. cheers cheers

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

Great Britains!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Britains!!!   Great Britains!!! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 8:10 am

Congratulations Roger, they are fabulous! cheers Glad you like the camel foal and nice to see he has a younger brother Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Great Britains!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Britains!!!   Great Britains!!! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 8:18 am

Fantastic models, Roger cheers

Congratulations, congratulations flower

I enjoy very much to see your pictures, and to read all the interesting comments sunny

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Great Britains!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Britains!!!   Great Britains!!! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 3:21 pm

Congratulations Roger! Fantastic new animals. cheers I love the gaur and they all are great cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

Great Britains!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Britains!!!   Great Britains!!! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 3:44 pm

Congrats Roger! And thanks for showing the comparison photos! I think my favorites are the pelican, baby camel, and turkey. Very Happy

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

Great Britains!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Britains!!!   Great Britains!!! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 4:49 pm

:) :)

Beautiful britains to your collection.

This Gaur is awesome,fantastic ...Congrats.

Vivien

Vivien

Country/State : Germany

Great Britains!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Britains!!!   Great Britains!!! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 7:25 pm

Beautiful models,Roger! sunny cheers cheers
I know really nothing about all those old brands but I've fallen in love with the little Pelican,he's fabulous! I love you flower

Admin
Roger

Great Britains!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Britains!!!   Great Britains!!! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 12:29 am

Thanks Sue Basketball , Tim farao - Christophe study - Jarda elephant - Andreas cheers - Harriet Very Happy - Susanne I love you - Ana pirat - Kristie Wink - Fernando :) - Vivien flower
The gaur looks popular here! What a Face That's a little impressive figure! Of course I agree about the elephants, I like more large Britains than most part of modern relatives. Of course I cannot compare, for example, the CollectA sea lion with the Britains. Not only because CollectA's is very good but there's a huge difference in size and it is impossible to introduce so many detail in such a little figure.
Nice to see young Vivien enjoying these old figures and Susanne, you are always very pleasant! Very Happy

Admin
Roger

Great Britains!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Britains!!!   Great Britains!!! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 12:31 am

I posted it so quickly that I forgot one of my favourite figures from the trade with Taylor.
It is this grand moose with removable antlers!!! Very Happy

Great Britains!!! Britains-moose
Britains 1355 Deetail moose

In Britains world a moose is a large mammal, clearly larger than a red deer, as it happens in wild life and not in modern brands! rendeer

Great Britains!!! Britains-cervids
Britains 1367 Deetail stag in comparison with the moose

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

Great Britains!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Britains!!!   Great Britains!!! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 1:04 am

how could you for get that wonderful moose?!?!?
he's fantastic. I like that they have him nice long legs. perhaps not quite spindly enough, but accurate moose legs would be very hard to do.
all your new Britains are great, but i especially love love love the gnus, gaur and camels!

Admin
Roger

Great Britains!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Britains!!!   Great Britains!!! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 1:45 am

Mastiffcat wrote:
how could you for get that wonderful moose?!?!?
he's fantastic. I like that they have him nice long legs. perhaps not quite spindly enough, but accurate moose legs would be very hard to do.
all your new Britains are great, but i especially love love love the gnus, gaur and camels!

geek Embarassed I'm forgetful, Carolynn! Wink AAs to sleep was always a hard task for me my Mom was always saying: - why don't you count sheep? study ... and I still forget! Sleep Laughing

I agree with you about the legs! Legs are the reason why my only modern moose is the CollectA one even the Papo is much more detailed and spectacular. :)

Great Britains!!! Collecta-britains-mooses
CollectA and Britains mooses

Great Britains!!! Empty
PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Great Britains!!! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 8:13 am

So the Britain's moose went stag....
I love the Papo moose!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

Great Britains!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Britains!!!   Great Britains!!! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 8:36 am

The moose is lovely! I'm sure I used to have this moose, it looks so familiar to me.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

Great Britains!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Britains!!!   Great Britains!!! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 9:37 am

Congrats Roger cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Great Britains!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Britains!!!   Great Britains!!! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 2:30 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
I love the Papo moose!

baltimore zoo wrote:
I love the Papo moose!

Papo moose is great, it's a shame that it looks it went stag at the Elk lodge! drunken

Thanks Harriet and Robert! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Great Britains!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Britains!!!   Great Britains!!! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 3:24 pm

WOW Shocked

That moose is just FANTASTIC rendeer cheers

I can only see one of the pictures, - but what a picture bounce bounce Very Happy

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Great Britains!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Britains!!!   Great Britains!!! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 3:32 pm

I love the moose by Britains, fantastic animal I love you Congratulations Roger! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
baltimore zoo

Great Britains!!! Empty
PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Great Britains!!! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 6:37 pm

"The buck stops here" with these deer jokes...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Great Britains!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Britains!!!   Great Britains!!! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 8:13 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
WOW Shocked

That moose is just FANTASTIC rendeer cheers

I can only see one of the pictures, - but what a picture bounce bounce Very Happy

Thanks Susanne! flower Which of the 3 pictures can you see? scratch
The one with the CollectA moose in the top of this page, ... or one of those that are posted at the end of the previous page? One with the zookeeper and other with a Britains stag? scratch flower

Great Britains!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Britains!!!   Great Britains!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Great Britains!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next