Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 

Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:08 am

I still haven't received my much anticipated Vietnamese Pig. But there was some nice light the other day and I decided to use it to snap a few pictures. Here are some recent acquisitions, all retired figures by Schleich.

Anteater
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Black Angus Cow and Bull
The calf was present, but didn't make it into the photo.

Armadillo: a thing of beauty

Glum Hyena
His buddies are hanging out in the background (Mojo Fun, Papo, and Safari).

Orangutan Mom and Baby

Last edited by scot(t) on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:37 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Resize Pictures Over 800 pixels (shame on me))
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:12 am

Congratulations Scott! I love the anteater.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:18 am

Congratulation cheers very good models and very fine pics Very Happy

I'm still in love with the armadillo I love you

Well, maybe I love armadillos Wink

xfoxx

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:30 am

Congratulations! They're all really fine models!
I'll soon be getting that hyena as well, and after seeing your photo I feel like I can't wait! Great photos :)

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:30 am

Congrats !!!! Very nice armadillo !
Back to top Go down
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:31 am

Those are really some of the Schleich finest figurines. Congrats! (I'm still missing the Angus Family)

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:53 am

Congrats ! I love the Angus cow and bull.

SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:11 am

Beautyful pictures of beautyful models Very Happy

Anteater, armadillo, hyena and the Angus cattle, - all are from the day when Schleich deserved to be the abolute market-leader of models for adult collectors cheers

Those orangutans are SO adorable, thay always make me smile. Laughing

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:16 am

Phantastic animals in a phantastic condition! Big congratulations! cheers cheers

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:50 am

Oh wow! The armadillo and anteater are fantastic!!!! Congrats!

-Kristie

Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:41 pm

Wow, I lvoe them all, I can´t choose my favourite!

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:47 pm

Very nice pictures of Schleich oldies in perfect condition, congrats cheers

Vivien

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:06 pm

Great pictures of beautiful models,Congratulations Scott! cheers cheers All of these oldies are on my wishlist Very Happy

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Me too... that is a amazing figurine!! Congrats! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://my photos http://dixieboy.rajce.idnes.cz/
Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:21 pm

Congrats! I especially love the armadillo because i don't think i've ever seen him before. What a great model!

grinninglizard (scott) wrote:
Glum Hyena
this made me laugh out loud. Poor glum hyena!

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:10 am

Congratulations, you have some of my favorites there!
The armadillo is wonderful, and I really like the anteater. The angus are some of their best cattle too

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://schleich.animobil.info
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:16 am

Thank you Harriet! I love the anteater too. Such a lovely figure. I spent some time after getting it looking at pictures of anteaters and reading about them. This figure does a wonderful job of capturing the likeness of a Giant Anteater.

Congratulation cheers very good models and very fine pics Very Happy

I'm still in love with the armadillo I love you

Well, maybe I love armadillos Wink
Thank you Christophe!

I adore the armadillos too. Instead of joining the rest of my figures, the armadillo stays on the endtable at my bedside. It's the one I keep near me at all times so I can just stare at it. The nice thing about this forum is that I know people here understand what I'm talking about. Telling this to other friends usually leads to blank stares.

(I have to say, though, I bought the Safari Armadillo years ago and hated it. I put it in a drawer and I'm not even sure where it is. Hmm. I just find it.)

Congratulations! They're all really fine models!
I'll soon be getting that hyena as well, and after seeing your photo I feel like I can't wait! Great photos :)
Ah, Noora, this makes me happy! It is this forum that has made me run out and find many of my favorite figures. I don't know whether to blame you all or thank you. (I'll thank you.)

Those are really some of the Schleich finest figurines. Congrats! (I'm still missing the Angus Family)
Bojan, right now, this is my favorite set of Cattle. And I am more keen on collecting Cattle than anything else. (The Swiss Cow is on my wish list. I have a Swiss Bull on the way, but I think it is pretty beat up. We'll see.)

Beautyful pictures of beautyful models Very Happy

Anteater, armadillo, hyena and the Angus cattle, - all are from the day when Schleich deserved to be the abolute market-leader of models for adult collectors cheers

Those orangutans are SO adorable, thay always make me smile. Laughing
Susanne, I agree completely! I was just saying to a friend that those were the "golden" years for Schleich. No other figures, no matter how much I like them, compare to Schleich figures from between 2000 and 2006 (or thereabouts; I'm not trying to be too precise).

Oh wow! The armadillo and anteater are fantastic!!!! Congrats!

-Kristie

Thank you Kristie!

Very nice pictures of Schleich oldies in perfect condition, congrats cheers
Thank you Robert!

Great pictures of beautiful models,Congratulations Scott! cheers cheers All of these oldies are on my wishlist Very Happy
Thank you Vivian! I still have several oldies on my wish list: The European Bison, Oryx Antelope, the Male Orangutan, the old Wolf (14223), and a few horses (which I have mixed feelings about), like the Thoroughbred. The first three on that list though are the ones I want to find in mint condition.

Congrats! I especially love the armadillo because i don't think i've ever seen him before. What a great model!
grinninglizard (scott) wrote:
Glum Hyena
this made me laugh out loud. Poor glum hyena!
Ha! Carolynn, I'm glad you liked that. He does look really glum (especially compared to the Hyenas by different makers). But I like that. And my day is made by the fact that you've now seen the Armadillo, because it is a knock-down lovely figure by Schleich.

Thank you all for your comments. (Andreas, Martin, Arnaud, and others whose names I don't know yet.) I almost tried to "quote" and respond to everyone, but this is already way too long and I hope you understand.

-Scott

p.s. Tim, just saw your comment as I was posting. Thanks!

Back to top Go down
Arrakai

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:28 pm

Great additions, big congratz cheers

And wonderful photos to I love you
Back to top Go down
billbut

Country/State : US

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:53 am

I love them all! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:12 pm

Congrats! Armadillo is Beautiful!!

Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:24 pm

Very nice additions! Armadillo and anteater are great Very Happy Congratulations cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:01 pm

Thanks all!

Ana, I just noticed the anteater in your avatar. Very nice!
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:05 pm

Another recent member of my schleich retirement home. He's a little scuffed, but somehow, that suits him. (Notice one of his natural predators in the background. But the muskox does not fear the arctic wolf. The muskox fears nothing! ...except maybe a bath.)

Last edited by scot(t) on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Resize Picture Over 800 pixels (shame on me))
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:12 pm

And here are some Red Deer Family Photos. I recently acquired the older Stag (14248). The moment I pulled him out of the box and saw him in person, I was wowed. He cuts an impressive figure: gigantic antlers, and in general he seems very large. It was only after taking the photos that I realized the replacement Stag does fit better with the family. They agree in color and texture. So perhaps it wasn't a complete mistake for Schleich to retire the older stag and introduce the new one.

The original family:

The fawn and her yelling stepdad:

Last edited by scot(t) on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Resize Pictures Over 800 pixels (shame on me))
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:19 pm

Now: my badgers. I start with my retirement home badger. He is in beautiful condition and I was thrilled to see how well preserved he was. Worth every penny on eBay.

Next, grandpa Badger next to Schleich's more recent badger. They are very different and honestly I really like both. There is something lovely about the older model that is special, but I am still very fond of the newer figure.

The newer Schleich and the badger by Mojo Fun are quite similar. I am a huge fan of Mojo and frankly, if it were not for my irrational affection for Schleich, I would probably prefer Mojo figures over anything else. But this is one case where putting the Schleich and the Mojo next to each other does not favor the Mojo. I like the figure okay; I just like the Schleich much better. However, I think part of the issue is that the particular Mojo Badger I have isn't painted very well. In particular, the white paint on its face is caked on. Perhaps others are not painted similarly and this is rather an issue peculiar to my figure. In any case, the sculpture itself seems great.

Finally, two group shots. In the first picture below, from left to right: Safari's American Badger, Schleich (1993-2001, 14224), Schleich (2011-present, 14650), and Mojo Fun.

Last edited by scot(t) on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Resize Pictures Over 800 pixels (shame on me))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Today at 10:36 am

Back to top Go down

Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next