Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:23 pm

I LOVE your badgers cheers

Beautyful review of great models of an exiting animal sunny

Your old Schleich badger is indeed a great find, - he is perfect!
Congratulations flower

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:36 pm

Congratulations again!!! cheers cheers

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I LOVE your badgers cheers

Beautyful review of great models of an exiting animal sunny

Your old Schleich badger is indeed a great find, - he is perfect!
Congratulations flower
Thank you Susanne! Woodland critters rock my world.

Congratulations again!!! cheers cheers
Thank you so much Andreas!!

Back to top Go down
Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:03 pm

Lovely badgers and deers Very Happy And very nice photos! Thank You for sharing and congrats for so nice collection Very Happy cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:59 am

Lovely badgers and deers Very Happy And very nice photos! Thank You for sharing and congrats for so nice collection Very Happy cheers

Thank you Anna!

Back to top Go down
animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:36 am

Love the deer Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:21 am

Congratulations on all your wonderful Schleich older figures Scott.
Nice comparison shots with the new ones too.

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:01 am

I love you Badgers I love you

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:52 am

Big congratulations Scott, the red deer is beautiful, so majestic. And of course the musk ox, this is a fantastic figure!! cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Vivien

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:47 pm

GREAT "woodland critters",Scott! Cool cheers cheers cheers
You're right,the old badger is indeed a very charming model and it's also the first time I see the Mojo Badger,but somehow it looks strange... scratch The current Schleich Badger is out of competition,of course Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:02 pm

Love the deer Very Happy

Congratulations on all your wonderful Schleich older figures Scott.
Nice comparison shots with the new ones too.

I love you Badgers I love you
Thank you all! I'm glad the comparison shots are helpful. One of the reasons I think this forum is great is all the comparison shots members have posted. They have really helped me and have in general been extremely interesting.

Last edited by scott on Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:09 pm

Big congratulations Scott, the red deer is beautiful, so majestic. And of course the musk ox, this is a fantastic figure!! cheers cheers
Thank you Harriet! The Muskox is pretty amazing. It was at the top of my wish list of retired Schleich animals. Now I need the European Bison and the Male Orangutan (most recent). I haven't seen either of those pop up on eBay any time recently. But I suppose it's just a matter of time. (cross my fingers. is there an emoticon for that?...[looking]...nope. I'll use this as my slightly crazed "hopeful" face What a Face .)

GREAT "woodland critters",Scott! Cool cheers cheers cheers
You're right,the old badger is indeed a very charming model and it's also the first time I see the Mojo Badger,but somehow it looks strange... scratch The current Schleich Badger is out of competition,of course Very Happy
It's true about the Mojo Fun Badger! I really love Mojo figures, but this Badger is perhaps a little too cutesy. I don't know what it is. I like realistic woodland critters. No cutesy critters for me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:00 am

I recently acquired the Papo Black Rhinoceros. It turned out to be even better in person than it appeared in photos (which is pretty amazing because it is awesome in photos). But one thing that surprised me a little was its size. It is pretty much exactly the same size as Schleich's male Black Rhinoceros (14394). This surprised me for two reasons: (1) In general, Papo figures seem to be slightly larger than Schleich figures (not always, but often). (2) The Papo Hippopotamus is so much larger than the Schleich Hippopotamus. Here are some pictures.

First, the Papo Rhinoceros (50066) by itself. Wow.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now the Papo (50066) and the Schleich Black Rhinoceroses (14394), lined up nose to tail. They are really very similar in size. And I think they are both great figures.

But notice how much larger the Papo Hippopotamus (50051) is than the Schleich Male Hippopotamus (14132). (I don't have the retired female, so I can't compare.) I suspect this topic has been already discussed a lot, but it seems that the Schleich Hippopotamus is a bit small. Well, it is perhaps about the right size compared to the elephants, but a bit small compared to the Rhino.

Notice also the relative sizes of the Schleich Koala (14303) and the Koala by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]" Collection. The Schleich always seemed a bit too big for my taste. I like the size of Science & Nature's figure better, but I think I prefer the sculpting and paintwork of the Schleich.

Science & Nature's collection is a great set of figures. I know everyone here probably owns them already, but I took some pictures of some of my favorites anyway.

The Numbat

The Possum

And the Bilby

They are all next to the Schleich Koala for a size comparison. (I own the "small" figures rather than the "large" ones.)

Last edited by scot(t) on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:49 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Resize Pictures Over 800 pixels (shame on me))
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:06 am

grinninglizard (scott) wrote:
Thank you Harriet! The Muskox is pretty amazing. It was at the top of my wish list of retired Schleich animals. Now I need the European Bison and the Male Orangutan (most recent). I haven't seen either of those pop up on eBay any time recently. But I suppose it's just a matter of time. (cross my fingers. is there an emoticon for that?...[looking]...nope. I'll use this as my slightly crazed "hopeful" face What a Face .)
Congratulations on your fabulous Papo rhino, it's such an awesome figurine!! cheers

I was very lucky to get the musk ox off eBay for only a couple of pounds! I hope you find the Wisent, another favourite of mine drunken

I love the Numbat by science and nature, it has such a cute face - I have the koala but was thinking of repainting it.

It is odd the Papo rhino is the same size as the Schleich, when the hippo is so big.

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:45 am

grinninglizard (scott) wrote:
Congratulations on your fabulous Papo rhino, it's such an awesome figurine!! cheers

I was very lucky to get the musk ox off eBay for only a couple of pounds! I hope you find the Wisent, another favourite of mine drunken

I love the Numbat by science and nature, it has such a cute face - I have the koala but was thinking of repainting it.

It is odd the Papo rhino is the same size as the Schleich, when the hippo is so big.
Ack. The idea of acquiring Musk Ox for that cheap makes me envious. (But envious in the happy-for-you way, and not the mean sort of envy. I think that makes me "light-aqua with envy" rather than green.)

I'd love to see the koala repainted by you! That would be great!
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: finally found the Wisent   Wed May 23, 2012 5:54 am

...finally got this

a bit pricey, but in good condition.

now I begin the long quest for a schleich oryx.

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Wed May 23, 2012 8:08 am

Congratulations Scott, he's in wonderful condition.

Back to top Go down
MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Wed May 23, 2012 8:39 am

Congratulations Scott!! They are great! And congrats for your european bison. I have mine and before that it was a looooooooooooooong way to get it Laughing So... you must be really happy about him :) Now I´m on the long quest for a schleich mountain goat bounce bounce

Back to top Go down
http://my photos http://dixieboy.rajce.idnes.cz/
Arnaud

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Wed May 23, 2012 11:42 am

Wow ! Congrats for your european bison !
Back to top Go down
Kristie

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Wed May 23, 2012 12:04 pm

Ohhhhh, I like that bison! Congrats! :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Wed May 23, 2012 1:24 pm

Scott, I lost this great topic with fantastic pictures and some of nicest Schleich figures of ever. :)
In fact old designers from the brand had a particular style that although many figures ended without a realistic looking, they were always charming and with a pleasant cuteness. But sometimes the result was also realistic as we see in the European bison, musk ox or mountain goat that you are not showing here. :)
But, some although not realistic, like the hyena, anteater, old badger, etc. are nice figuresdue to their atractive design.
Schleich now is in a confusion, they try to make the figures more realistic but they are less atractive but every rule has some delicious exceptions as it happens with the new badger. It is one of my top10 Schleich, much better than the old one and also than Mojo's and CollectA. A very good figure. :)
I hope you are lucky with Schleich oryx, usually a very wanted old Schleich figure but in my opinion it is only atractive but completly wrong in terms of realism. Very far from a real animal.
I also hope to find a way to the armadillo that is still missing in my collection! bounce Very Happy
Congratulations for all of these great figures and thanks for sharing with us. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Wed May 23, 2012 2:30 pm

Congrats Scott! The european bison is one of the classic.

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Wed May 23, 2012 2:39 pm

Congrats Scott cheers

sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Wed May 23, 2012 3:00 pm

very very cool figures scot(t). im jealous. Very Happy Cool
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Wed May 23, 2012 5:55 pm

You have a wonderful retirement collection featuring some of the best of Schleich figures. Congratulations. Thanks for the wonderful photos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Today at 10:47 pm

Back to top Go down

Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next