Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Wed May 23, 2012 10:32 pm

Harriet, Thank you! I was surprised and pleased at the condition of the figure.

Martin, Thank you! I wish you the best with your Mountain Goat pursuit.

Kristie and Arnaud, thank both very much!

Roger, thank you! (and more below...)

Ken, and
Robert, and
sauroid, and
Amy,
Thank you all so much!

Roger, a couple additional remarks on what you wrote. I think you and share a lot of views on the Schleich figures. Many, while not realistic, are very aesthetically pleasing and they have a great deal of value and appeal on that basis. There are many different aspects of animal figures that account for their appeal. Faithfulness to the original animal is one, a lovely design is another; and there are many others as well. The recent Badger is one of my favorites and a great example, as you point out, of a recent success by Schleich, despite their decline. The old Oryx, even though I've only seen pictures, is a very chubby, stocky model, and doesn't have the delicate lines of a real antelope. In those respects, it compares poorly to the Safari Arabian Oryx, and compares much worse to models by Lineol and Harriet. But it is nevertheless an attractive model (not one of the very best by Schleich, in my own opinion, but nice). Basically, I'm not saying anything you didn't already say; I'm just agreeing with you whole-heartedly. But I think it's an important insight and so worth affirming and worth keeping in mind.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Thu May 24, 2012 12:50 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Roger, a couple additional remarks on what you wrote. I think you and share a lot of views on the Schleich figures. Many, while not realistic, are very aesthetically pleasing and they have a great deal of value and appeal on that basis. There are many different aspects of animal figures that account for their appeal. Faithfulness to the original animal is one, a lovely design is another; and there are many others as well. The recent Badger is one of my favorites and a great example, as you point out, of a recent success by Schleich, despite their decline. The old Oryx, even though I've only seen pictures, is a very chubby, stocky model, and doesn't have the delicate lines of a real antelope. In those respects, it compares poorly to the Safari Arabian Oryx, and compares much worse to models by Lineol and Harriet. But it is nevertheless an attractive model (not one of the very best by Schleich, in my own opinion, but nice). Basically, I'm not saying anything you didn't already say; I'm just agreeing with you whole-heartedly. But I think it's an important insight and so worth affirming and worth keeping in mind.

Thanks Scott for agreeing and mainly for turning it clearer with your much better eloquence! My English is like Schleich, not very accurate but lovely, I guess! geek Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Thu May 24, 2012 1:30 am

Roger, your English is excellent!! Truly. I was only agreeing with you.
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Happy Trade with Sumo   Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:00 pm

[I meant to quickly tack a new Schleich post onto this existing thread, but discovered that in past posts I had put up a whole bunch of pictures that were much larger than 800 pixels in width. (I had just joined the forum and didn't know better.) In shame, I resized all of them.]

I just received a wonderful Schleich Fox Terrier in a trade with Sumo. Thank you Sumo!!

I am ridiculously happy with the little guy. Here he is:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here he is next to the Papo Smooth Fox Terrier:

And here he is next to the Schleich Airedale Terrier:

I once thought I would never be interested in collecting dogs. What a silly child I was.

Back to top Go down
Kristie

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:05 pm

Congrats Scott! He's adorable! :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:06 pm

thank you Kristie!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:09 pm

Laughing Silly child? It is so nice to be a silly child! Very Happy
Your new dog is a creature full of character, congratulations! Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:14 pm

Hey, is he smiling? I never noticed that while I had him, guess the little guy likes his new home! Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
http://yakinasack.blogspot.com/
Dr.Narayanan

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:33 pm

Scott , nice add ons . I tell you , every Schleich animal pre 2008 is absolutely worth collecting Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:35 pm

Laughing Silly child? It is so nice to be a silly child! Very Happy
Your new dog is a creature full of character, congratulations! Very Happy

Thank you Roger! (And I agree: it is very nice to be a silly child.)

Hey, is he smiling? I never noticed that while I had him, guess the little guy likes his new home! Laughing

Very Happy I think he does. Thank you again, Sumo! He really made my day.

I tell you , every Schleich animal pre 2008 is absolutely worth collecting Very Happy

I absolutely agree Doc! I've really enjoyed seeing your various variations.

Back to top Go down
Dr.Narayanan

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:21 am

Yep Scott , though we come acr0ss exceptional models of newer brands and though we adore them , my heart is always for Schleich oldies Laughing
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:10 am

Congrats Scott! Nice Oldies!!

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:26 am

Congratulations Scott! He's such a cute little guy cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:31 pm

Thanks Ken and Doc! The older classic Schleichs are indeed lovely.

Thank you Harriet! (Now if only people would vote for 'dogs' in the SUY, we'd get to see so many dog figures. oh happiness. Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:29 pm

cheers Nice dogs!! cheers cheers

PostSubject: Re: Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)   Today at 3:00 am

Back to top Go down

Some Schleich Animals Living in Retirement (My Collection)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3