Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

keeping figures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia, Spain

PostSubject: keeping figures   Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:55 pm

Hello friends,
I want to keep some of my figures because I decided to make some changes to the animals who are in my shelves. Do you know which one is the best method for keeping them in a box? In bubbles plastic? in plastic bags? study study study scratch

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: keeping figures   Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:51 pm

I keep the small one in layers with bouble plastic, the medium ones in plastic bags, and the large ones in both. The ones with thin legs get a bent piece of carton btween the legs, - carton round antlers and othe thin parts, too Very Happy

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia, Spain

PostSubject: Re: keeping figures   Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:16 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I keep the small one in layers with bouble plastic, the medium ones in plastic bags, and the large ones in both. The ones with thin legs get a bent piece of carton btween the legs, - carton round antlers and othe thin parts, too Very Happy

Thank you Susanne flower

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
mrfitness

Country/State : germany

PostSubject: Re: keeping figures   Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:26 pm

i am new...i have the impression that the figurines of the famous brands are very difficult to destroy....you only have to be careful of scratches....so my question: do you really need bouble plastic or carton between legs?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: keeping figures   Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
i am new...i have the impression that the figurines of the famous brands are very difficult to destroy....you only have to be careful of scratches....so my question: do you really need bouble plastic or carton between legs?

It varies a lot.

The old Schleich, for instance, didn`t break, but the newer ones do.
Some of the Bullylands from a period some years ago got damaged paint very easily and need to be protected with each a plastic bag.
The really old ones - compisition and very hard plastic, - must be packed VERY carefully.

Also it depends on the temperature where you keep them.
If they are kept in a cool place they don`t bed so easily, - if they are kept in a very cold place, for instance Britains break by the slightest touch. Suspect

And how often you pack and unpack them, how close together you keep them, - if the boxes get moved/shaken ...and probably other things as well Wink Very Happy

What I recommend is a very safe way.

But it can be safer. My old Reislers, I keep in a wooden box with cotton wool between each layer.

For my custom made ones, I have a separate box for each one, with foam rubber, in case I get so many that I have to pack some of those down Very Happy

mrfitness

Country/State : germany

PostSubject: Re: keeping figures   Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:08 am

holly s...., thats very interesting what you say. Shocked i put my collection in a suitcase( i have first to think about the place to put them) ....carefully but, one over the other...is this ok? i mean if the animals touch each other?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: keeping figures   

Back to top Go down

keeping figures
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1