Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

keeping figures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia, Spain

PostSubject: keeping figures   Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:55 pm

Hello friends,
I want to keep some of my figures because I decided to make some changes to the animals who are in my shelves. Do you know which one is the best method for keeping them in a box? In bubbles plastic? in plastic bags? study study study scratch

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: keeping figures   Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:51 pm

I keep the small one in layers with bouble plastic, the medium ones in plastic bags, and the large ones in both. The ones with thin legs get a bent piece of carton btween the legs, - carton round antlers and othe thin parts, too Very Happy

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia, Spain

PostSubject: Re: keeping figures   Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:16 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I keep the small one in layers with bouble plastic, the medium ones in plastic bags, and the large ones in both. The ones with thin legs get a bent piece of carton btween the legs, - carton round antlers and othe thin parts, too Very Happy

Thank you Susanne flower

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
mrfitness

Country/State : germany

PostSubject: Re: keeping figures   Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:26 pm

i am new...i have the impression that the figurines of the famous brands are very difficult to destroy....you only have to be careful of scratches....so my question: do you really need bouble plastic or carton between legs?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: keeping figures   Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
i am new...i have the impression that the figurines of the famous brands are very difficult to destroy....you only have to be careful of scratches....so my question: do you really need bouble plastic or carton between legs?

It varies a lot.

The old Schleich, for instance, didn`t break, but the newer ones do.
Some of the Bullylands from a period some years ago got damaged paint very easily and need to be protected with each a plastic bag.
The really old ones - compisition and very hard plastic, - must be packed VERY carefully.

Also it depends on the temperature where you keep them.
If they are kept in a cool place they don`t bed so easily, - if they are kept in a very cold place, for instance Britains break by the slightest touch. Suspect

And how often you pack and unpack them, how close together you keep them, - if the boxes get moved/shaken ...and probably other things as well Wink Very Happy

What I recommend is a very safe way.

But it can be safer. My old Reislers, I keep in a wooden box with cotton wool between each layer.

For my custom made ones, I have a separate box for each one, with foam rubber, in case I get so many that I have to pack some of those down Very Happy

mrfitness

Country/State : germany

PostSubject: Re: keeping figures   Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:08 am

holly s...., thats very interesting what you say. Shocked i put my collection in a suitcase( i have first to think about the place to put them) ....carefully but, one over the other...is this ok? i mean if the animals touch each other?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: keeping figures   Today at 7:26 pm

Back to top Go down

keeping figures
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1