Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope

Go down 
+17
Kristie
Wildheart
PeGe
signatus
aandmkw
Bongo
Ana
lucky luke
skysthelimit
scot(t)
animalluvr6
bojan
Roger
Kikimalou
Steve170
widukind
HKHollinstone
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope Empty
PostSubject: Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope   Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 9:20 pm

Iberian Lynx
Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope Mojolynx1

Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope Mojolynx2

Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope Mojolynx4

Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope Mojolynx5

Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope Mojolynx6

Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope Mojolynx7

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope   Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 9:21 pm

Giant Sable Antelope
Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope Mojosable8

Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope Mojosable6

Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope Mojosable5

Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope Mojosable212

Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope Mojosable7

Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope Mojosable3

Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope Mojosable412

Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope Mojosable112

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope   Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 9:29 pm

Congratulations Harriet!! That are this 2 animals they are on my wishlist from Mojo!! cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope   Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 9:32 pm

I really like both of these. Thanks for sharing with pictures.

I think the lynx' face is great.

With the sable...is that black paint chipping off quite easily?

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope   Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 9:41 pm

Congratulation Harriet cheers And thank you for the very good pics Very Happy

I can't wait to have these two marvelous models in hands bounce
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope   Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 9:45 pm

Harriet, I'm glad they arrived safely! :)
The Iberian lynx is a dream of mine and a magnificent figure! The face of the final version is better than the prototype I presented before. cat Although that is a pragmatic sculpting trying to get the real proportions of an Iberian lynx, completly different from what we are used with modern brands where the figures are mainly cute and not so delicate in sculpting. Less apealing for children, maybe, but much more apealing for my taste. Full of action, showing tension and with the characteristic details of an Iberian lynx, by far better than all other lynxes in the market! I hope it represents a new era and style in toys world! bounce bounce
The sable is also an excelent figure with perfect proportions and an interesting and clever work with the painting. Anyway some of them had a little paintloss noticiable in the black parts, I don't know if it was due to travel from Hong Kong to Portugal. If not I'll tell the brand about it. :) Everything must be perfect in a perfect figure! cheers
Thanks for your beautiful pictures! flower

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope   Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 9:58 pm

Very nice figurines and beautiful presentation. cheers
I'd say Lynx is my favourite, since I kinda fell for the Safari Sable!!! But only judging from the photos. Mojo is still a mystery to me. Suspect

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope   Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 10:33 pm

That iberian lynx is so beautiful! Shocked

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope   Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 10:55 pm

Hello! Very Happy

Something does not fit me in this sable ... Neutral
This figure may, or face scratch ... I think that it is not sbyt successful, but belongs to the most beautiful figures of antelopes. exclamation Very Happy

I salute you! Surprised
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope   Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 11:14 pm

danielzebra wrote:
Hello! Very Happy

This figure may, or face scratch ... I think that it is not sbyt successful, but belongs to the most beautiful figures of antelopes. exclamation Very Happy

I salute you! Surprised

Daniel, this is the typical face mask of a giant sable, the subspecies Hippotragus niger variani. Is not easy to find pictures of this subspecies in the Internet once they are almost extinct and some are already hybridised with roan antelopes. The brand has taken seriously the marks of the subspecies and tried not only to make a cute and apealing face as it happens with the Schleich oryx, where the figure has a completly wrong face and head, eyes turned forward, wrong shaped ears and although these huge mistakes it is very popular among collectors because the final result is pretty! :) I agree with you, this animal is wonderful, so real that there's no toy in the world that can show how beautiful it is! I love you

animalluvr6

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope   Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 11:20 pm

Roger wrote:
danielzebra wrote:
Hello! Very Happy

I salute you! Surprised

Daniel, this is the typical face mask of a giant sable, the subspecies Hippotragus niger variani. Is not easy to find pictures of this subspecies in the Internet once they are almost extinct and some are already hybridised with roan antelopes. The brand has taken seriously the marks of the subspecies and tried not only to make a cute and apealing face as it happens with the Schleich oryx, where the figure has a completly wrong face and head, eyes turned forward, wrong shaped ears and although these huge mistakes it is very popular among collectors because the final result is pretty! :) I agree with you, this animal is wonderful, so real that there's no toy in the world that can show how beautiful it is! I love you
I did not know they are hybrids!It is one of the most beautiful sables yet Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope   Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 11:59 pm

animalluvr6 wrote:

I did not know they are hybrids!It is one of the most beautiful sables yet Very Happy

Kelsey, they are not hybrids. Very Happy What is happening is that the Nature is a fantastic thing and the fight of the species for surviving is always full of surprises. Due to the lack of pure male giant sables the females are breeding with roan antelopes (hippotragus equinus) that are from a different species. It turns the conservation of the giant sable harder but curiously we are almost watching the born of a new species! It is also happening with waterbucks and other species! Crazy ladies! Evil or Very Mad Laughing

animalluvr6

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope   Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 12:00 am

Roger wrote:
animalluvr6 wrote:

Kelsey, they are not hybrids. Very Happy What is happening is that the Nature is a fantastic thing and the fight of the species for surviving is always full of surprises. Due to the lack of pure male giant sables the females are breeding with roan antelopes (hippotragus equinus) that are from a different species. It turns the conservation of the giant sable harder but curiously we are almost watching the born of a new species! It is also happening with waterbucks and other species! Crazy ladies! Evil or Very Mad Laughing

Thanks Robert! I had no idea that was going on Wink Laughing

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope   Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 3:11 am

Congratulations Harriet, those are lovely figures!! I really like the lynx a lot. I like the Sable too, but for some reason the (still unreleased) CollectA antelopes have me so intrigued, I haven't been able to get worked up about the new ones by Mojo and Safari.

I'm really curious to know what you think of the Mojo Sable!

Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope   Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 7:41 am

Congrats Harriet cheers

lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope   Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 8:46 am

Congratulations Harriet, cheers
Your photos are very successful and are well worth the two miniature, long time on my wishlist. sunny
Beautiful posture Lynx and Sable a dream finally come true Thank you Mojo! Very Happy drunken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope   Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 10:40 am

Roger!
Thanks for your reply Very Happy
I also think that the giant sable is nice, although it is one of the subspecies of antelope, somebody is on the verge of extinction .. Roan antelope, but is very different than sable .. belong to the same family, but are not very closely related .. But I think that the giant sable (in addition endangered subspecies) is very successful, it will be interesting to compare the Sable with Collecta 2012. scratch

Daniel. sunny
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope   Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 1:10 pm

Congratulations Harriet! Beautiful newcomers cheers cat

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Bongo

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope   Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 1:15 pm

Roger wrote:
danielzebra wrote:
Hello! Very Happy

I salute you! Surprised

I agree with you. This sable looks a little bit strange, the snout is too long, the legs are too short and the neck to thick and the horns are too short also for a"Giant Sable".The Collectas Sable is looking much better.

Nevertheless, its a new antelope figure and we should be happy about it, so I will buy it, of course. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope   Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 5:02 pm

Bongo, maybe you are right! That figure was discussed in a colaboration between some of the members of this forum and also for a conservacionist that works directly with the real animals. Is not easy to review a figure from pictures, mainly when we use modern lcd's that stretch the pictures and at the final point some collectors were saying that the body was short while other were saying that the body was long and everybody was watching the same pictures! Laughing
Curious is that all of your comments result from a horizontal distortion of the picture. I'm not saying that you are wrong and this figure is more a result from collectors choices and not from Mojo design, so if it doesn't worked it is a shame for us collectors. Mojo only followed our comments! Very Happy
I also think it is not perfect, the Iberian lynx resulted better in my opinion but the little cat is surely the best replica of a small feline ever made. :) But a honest opinion is always very valuable! cheers
Only to show you how hard is to review a figure from pictures I will ask you a little thing, in the picture below you see a perfect circle or it is distorted horizontally like an oval shape? It is hard to see, try to use something to measure how tall and wide it is. Wink

Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope 500px-Circle_-_black_simple.svg

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope   Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 6:33 pm

Congratulations on these 2 beautiful figures. Both are must haves for me. Thanks for all the photos
Back to top Go down
Steve170

Steve170

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope   Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 8:50 pm

Argh my screen makes things look taller Mad

signatus

signatus

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope   Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 10:58 pm

Congratulations Harriet !!! Very Happy

Wonderfull aditions and pics !!! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope   Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 9:06 am

Thank you Friends! cheers I'm glad you like the pictures too sunny
Steve170 wrote:
As Roger said, he may have had some knocks in his travels but the paint isn't coming off now. I think the paintwork has improved from their releases last year - last year it was very fragile and rubbed/chipped easily.

Back to top Go down
Steve170

Steve170

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope   Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 9:19 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
Thank you Friends! cheers I'm glad you like the pictures too sunny
Steve170 wrote:
As Roger said, he may have had some knocks in his travels but the paint isn't coming off now. I think the paintwork has improved from their releases last year - last year it was very fragile and rubbed/chipped easily.

I'm glad, thanks for letting me know.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope   Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojo Iberian Lynx and Giant Sable Antelope
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next