Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 
 

 Current Animals in 1:43rd scale?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chris Sweetman



Country/State : Nottinghamshire England
Age : 60
Joined : 2012-04-10
Posts : 977

PostSubject: Current Animals in 1:43rd scale?   Sun 15 Apr - 9:33

This scale is also known under these other titles:

'O' gauge - a railway 'scale'

7mm another title for the above

40mm - scale used by figure manufacturers

The first one that comes to my mind is Preiser. Some of their animal figures are from old Elastolin poses and others are Preiser ones. These are superb models made in hard plastic. I have the four sets of farm animals that they have made.

Then there are products in white metal by British manufacturers like Phoenix and Duncan models.

Any more out there?

Thanks

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisstar4/
sphyrna18



Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA
Age : 34
Joined : 2010-09-17
Posts : 293

PostSubject: Re: Current Animals in 1:43rd scale?   Tue 17 Apr - 17:48

Unfortunately, there are no current companies actively producing in 1:43 scale. At least not intentionally. You may have some luck with the Japanese companies, like Kaiyodo, Furuta, Epoch, and Takara/Tomy. Some of their animal figures are 1:43, but you would have to actually do the math for yourself once you have the figures in hand. Colorata may be worth a try, but I'm pretty sure their figures are too big to work for you - for instance, they have a Polar Bear that works at the 1:36 scale, and their Amur Tiger is 1:34. Since those are the two largest animals that they make (terrestrial, at least), I don't think Colorata is going to work well for you. They had a Pygmy Hippo a few years back, it's long retired now, but it was around 1:43. Other than the Japanese companies, you could try some of the Safari Ltd. TOOB figures and K&M (Wild Republic) Tube figures, as they may be in 1:43. But it'll be catch-as-catch can.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
Chris Sweetman



Country/State : Nottinghamshire England
Age : 60
Joined : 2012-04-10
Posts : 977

PostSubject: Re: Current Animals in 1:43rd scale?   Tue 17 Apr - 23:09

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Unfortunately, there are no current companies actively producing in 1:43 scale. At least not intentionally. You may have some luck with the Japanese companies, like Kaiyodo, Furuta, Epoch, and Takara/Tomy. Some of their animal figures are 1:43, but you would have to actually do the math for yourself once you have the figures in hand. Colorata may be worth a try, but I'm pretty sure their figures are too big to work for you - for instance, they have a Polar Bear that works at the 1:36 scale, and their Amur Tiger is 1:34. Since those are the two largest animals that they make (terrestrial, at least), I don't think Colorata is going to work well for you. They had a Pygmy Hippo a few years back, it's long retired now, but it was around 1:43. Other than the Japanese companies, you could try some of the Safari Ltd. TOOB figures and K&M (Wild Republic) Tube figures, as they may be in 1:43. But it'll be catch-as-catch can.

Many thanks for your reply and the information sphyrna18.

I kind of anticipated this would be the case. Guess I need the tape measure at the ready!

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisstar4/
sphyrna18



Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA
Age : 34
Joined : 2010-09-17
Posts : 293

PostSubject: Re: Current Animals in 1:43rd scale?   Wed 18 Apr - 7:21

Haha tape measure & a trustworthy reference for animal sizes. Often, animal sizes are given for one dimension, i.e. Length, but when you go to measure a figure, it is posed so as to make it utterly impossible to get an exact measurement that corresponds with the particular size of the animal you have. So it's good to have multiple sources or one very good, reliable source. Even google sometimes can't help.

You should definitely check out the Safari Ltd & K&M (Wild Republic) tubes. At least some of those figures should be 1:43. Like the Big Cats tubes or the North American Wildlife tubes should offer something.

If I come across any for certain I'll let you know
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
Kikimalou
Admin


Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15239

PostSubject: Re: Current Animals in 1:43rd scale?   Wed 18 Apr - 7:21

sphyrna18 is right... What I can do is tell on that topic when I think one of my animal is 1/43. So it could help you to avoid buying non 1/43 ones.
I will do it but... very slowly Wink

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman



Country/State : Nottinghamshire England
Age : 60
Joined : 2012-04-10
Posts : 977

PostSubject: Re: Current Animals in 1:43rd scale?   Wed 18 Apr - 7:32

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Haha tape measure & a trustworthy reference for animal sizes. Often, animal sizes are given for one dimension, i.e. Length, but when you go to measure a figure, it is posed so as to make it utterly impossible to get an exact measurement that corresponds with the particular size of the animal you have. So it's good to have multiple sources or one very good, reliable source. Even google sometimes can't help.

You should definitely check out the Safari Ltd & K&M (Wild Republic) tubes. At least some of those figures should be 1:43. Like the Big Cats tubes or the North American Wildlife tubes should offer something.

If I come across any for certain I'll let you know

Thanks sphyrna18. The best way to decide on scale is to use the resources provided by Willy and Christophe. They show their animal figures alongside a scale human figure. I will definitely take a look at the manufacturers you have mentioned.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
sphyrna18 is right... What I can do is tell on that topic when I think one of my animal is 1/43. So it could help you to avoid buying non 1/43 ones.
I will do it but... very slowly Wink

Thank you Christophe. As I have mentioned above I am grateful for your website and the information it contains. All very helpful.

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisstar4/
sphyrna18



Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA
Age : 34
Joined : 2010-09-17
Posts : 293

PostSubject: Re: Current Animals in 1:43rd scale?   Wed 25 Apr - 22:10

Just a head's up: The Grizzly Bear from the Safari Ltd North American Wildlife TOOB is 1:43 (=48" at the shoulder). The one with the Salmon in its mouth. The Bison from that set is 1:48 - 1:53 (i think, can't remember the uppermost scale, but either way it doesn't work for 1:43). Haven't had a chance to measure / scale the rest of the figures yet. But at least there's 1 Cool

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
Chris Sweetman



Country/State : Nottinghamshire England
Age : 60
Joined : 2012-04-10
Posts : 977

PostSubject: Re: Current Animals in 1:43rd scale?   Wed 25 Apr - 22:41

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Just a head's up: The Grizzly Bear from the Safari Ltd North American Wildlife TOOB is 1:43 (=48" at the shoulder). The one with the Salmon in its mouth. The Bison from that set is 1:48 - 1:53 (i think, can't remember the uppermost scale, but either way it doesn't work for 1:43). Haven't had a chance to measure / scale the rest of the figures yet. But at least there's 1 Cool

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And one with an interesting pose too sphyrna18 Very Happy

Thanks for taking the time to investigate and pass on this information. cheers

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisstar4/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Current Animals in 1:43rd scale?   Today at 12:44

Back to top Go down
 
Current Animals in 1:43rd scale?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Current Animals in 1:43rd scale?
» Farm animals that are in 1/32 scale?
» RC electronics Part 4 - Full metal scale Land Rover
» Mojo Fun scale
» CL-90 Inrush current limiter for ST-70

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: General reviews and discussions-
Jump to: