Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Roe deer doe

Go down 
+14
Vivien
ken yeo
krista
Ana
lucky luke
widukind
HKHollinstone
SUSANNE
Kristie
Gabe
animalluvr6
Kikimalou
Roger
Chris Sweetman
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

Roe deer doe - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roe deer doe   Roe deer doe - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 8:12 am

Nice shots Chris! Such a lovely model, that roe deer.
Back to top Go down
Dr.Narayanan

Dr.Narayanan

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: Roe deer doe   Roe deer doe - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 8:59 am

Amazing stills Surprised And again I am envy of people like u , HK , Kiki and Susanne that u guys possess mind blowing photographic skills .
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Roe deer doe   Roe deer doe - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 9:50 am

It is so wonderful to see these photoes !!!
This little model might be overlooked between more spectacular ones, but you show is how great she really is.
Thankyou very much, Chris flower

Dr.Narayanan wrote:
Amazing stills Surprised And again I am envy of people like u , HK , Kiki and Susanne that u guys possess mind blowing photographic skills .

Embarassed Embarassed Thankyou VERY much. But I do NOT deserve to be mentioned together with these artist What a Face

The fact that you do, shows that anybody can take reasonably good pictures sometimes, with luck and lots of time. Laughing
I have an ancient, cheap camera.
When I press the button half way down, it shows a little square on the point where it is focussing.
So I keep pressing the button till the square is where I want it to focus tongue
Sometimes I am lucky, and somtimes I can take 40 pictures, and they are all horrible... geek

Over time I have found out that sunshine is best for dark colours, while white models usually get "flat" in sunshine. sunny
The problem is that the sun doesn`t obey me and shine when I want it to Laughing Laughing

Dr.Narayanan

Dr.Narayanan

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: Roe deer doe   Roe deer doe - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 10:18 am

Neverthless , I like your pics. clarity Susanne Cool They are crystal clear .

Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Roe deer doe   Roe deer doe - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 12:37 pm

scot(t) wrote:
Nice shots Chris! Such a lovely model, that roe deer.

Thank you Scott. I just had to take her out again and this time it was to a well known deer park - Charnwood Forest.

Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Roe deer doe   Roe deer doe - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 12:56 pm

Dr.Narayanan wrote:

Many thanks Dr.Narayanan I appreciate your nice comments. Very Happy

The shots of this roe deer model on both occasions were taken on a Canon G9 compact camera. I used aperture priority and the macro function. These settings are available on all current Point and Shoot cameras giving everyone an opportunity to develop their skills in close-up photography with their plastic figures. These cameras are light in weight and easy to take on a trip.

Whilst my preferred option is taking this type of image with a DSLR and a macro lens I find at times this combination to heavy to carry around. Especially when I have my tripod with me! Very Happy

Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Roe deer doe   Roe deer doe - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 1:05 pm

I agree Susanne. The exotic animal figures are what we all gravitate to especially if we have seen them in real life. Animals we can see in the wild near where we live are often overlooked. What fascinates me about this roe deer doe is her life-like pose wonderfully captured by Schleich. I have actually seen deer in such a pose too.

Your advice on photography is sensible and I have had photo sessions like you have when things don't seem to go right and you need 40 plus goes to get the image you are satisfied with!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roe deer doe   Roe deer doe - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Roe deer doe
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2