Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

top three best papo models

Go down 
+38
googie212
ulinuk
john2xtheman
arafan
Florian
Elros Alvar
nyarlahotep
whitekappa
Sergey
STORMnl
widukind
Cyhyraeth
Bowhead Whale
krista
Kristie
PeGe
lucky luke
MartinH
pouchedrat
baltimore zoo
bojan
landrover
Ana
Vivien
HKHollinstone
SUSANNE
ken yeo
niller
Kikimalou
SeanieP
Chris Sweetman
scot(t)
Roger
animalluvr6
Bernyto
Steve170
skysthelimit
weaselfan93
42 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

top three best papo models Empty
PostSubject: top three best papo models   top three best papo models EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 9:08 pm

I think the best 3 models are the 2007 hippo, greater kudu antelope, and the puma. which do you think are best? scratch
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: top three best papo models   top three best papo models EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 9:32 pm

Lioness, gnu and meerkat - anyone of the threesome Very Happy

Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: top three best papo models   top three best papo models EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:14 pm

I don't have many so I won't give 3...but I'd put the tiger in there

weaselfan93

weaselfan93

PostSubject: top three best papo models   top three best papo models EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:15 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
Lioness, gnu and meerkat - anyone of the threesome Very Happy
all great but i prefer the puma over the lioness. i have the gnu as well its realistic and detailed but strangely posed.

Lance - Safari ltd wildlife collector  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bernyto

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: top three best papo models   top three best papo models EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:19 pm

Tiger, crocodile, and lioness
Back to top Go down
animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: top three best papo models   top three best papo models EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:23 pm

I would have to say the crocodile(beautifully detailed), Lions(really any of the lionesses), and the tigers(mostly the tigress with cub)! Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: top three best papo models   top three best papo models EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:23 pm

Today? The lioness, okapi and chamois! Tomorrow? Maybe yak, Nile crocodile and bule wildebeest. Next day? Hippopotamus, tiger and lioness with cub! Next week? Tigress with cub, marmot, bactrian camel... scratch Next mounth? Meerkats, komodo dragon, cape buffalo! Next year? I need to wait and see what they will launch!
Seriously I really don't know. The best replicas? Maybe black rhino, young lioness and orangutan? ... scratch ... or should I say greater kudu, cheetah and sea turtle? Sorry, I need some more time to think! Crying or Very sad study

weaselfan93

PostSubject: top three best papo models   top three best papo models EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:28 pm

Roger wrote:
Today? The lioness, okapi and chamois! Tomorrow? Maybe yak, Nile crocodile and bule wildebeest. Next day? Hippopotamus, tiger and lioness with cub! Next week? Tigress with cub, marmot, bactrian camel... scratch Next mounth? Meerkats, komodo dragon, cape buffalo! Next year? I need to wait and see what they will launch!
Seriously I really don't know. The best replicas? Maybe black rhino, young lioness and orangutan? ... scratch ... or should I say greater kudu, cheetah and sea turtle? Sorry, I need some more time to think! Crying or Very sad study
currently i want the black rhinoceros, yak, and marmot. the chamois is amazing, i added that to my collection recently.
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: top three best papo models   top three best papo models EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:37 pm

The English Thoroughbred, the Pyrenees Bear, and...hmm...I'm going to have to go for the Lioness, it is just too beautifully rendered to ignore, even though I'll give honorable mention to the Gnu, the Hippopotamus and the Crocodile; they are close runners up. (And maybe even a shout out to the Sea Turtle, but no bold font I'm afraid.)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I think it is a bizarre figure in many ways, and doesn't have the virtues of my other favorites by Papo, but I love it, especially its streaky paintwork.
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: top three best papo models   top three best papo models EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 12:31 am

The lioness holding her cub is one of the best 'off the shelf' animal models ever made IMHO.

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisstar4/
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: top three best papo models   top three best papo models EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 1:03 am

Greater Kudu, any large cat, and the large elephant bull with his trunk up...I may have to add on the new 2012 Oryx...we will see.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: top three best papo models   top three best papo models EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:57 am

Roger wrote:

I agree with Roger, I'm unable to choose only three of them. PAPO is a brand with only two kind of models : The ones I absolutely dislike, like the dromedary, and the ones I fall in love like the tigress with cub.
Back to top Go down
niller

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: top three best papo models   top three best papo models EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 10:55 am

Black panther, puma, mandrill
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: top three best papo models   top three best papo models EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:47 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

I agree with Roger, I'm unable to choose only three of them. PAPO is a brand with only two kind of models : The ones I absolutely dislike, like the dromedary, and the ones I fall in love like the tigress with cub.

Kind of too difficult to suggest and the one I like most is the tigress with cub at least till now!

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: top three best papo models   top three best papo models EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 1:09 pm

Laughing Laughing Yes, it is really impossible Wink

But I tried to react on what first came to my mind.
However they aren`t the "best" Shocked
But I LOVE these...among many other Very Happy

Then I tried again to think ( Embarassed ) of those that are beautyful.
And these came first to my mind, - probably not fair to a lot of others, but .... geek Laughing

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: top three best papo models   top three best papo models EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 1:15 pm

scott wrote:
The English Thoroughbred,
I think it is a bizarre figure in many ways, and doesn't have the virtues of my other favorites by Papo, but I love it, especially its streaky paintwork.

You are so right !
Some of Papo`s models are filled with charm, - almost a little abstract..and this horse is a brilliant example cheers

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: top three best papo models   top three best papo models EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 1:20 pm

I can't narrow it down to only three - Yak, Lioness, Nile Crocodile, Black Rhino, wild sow, 2011 bactrian camel and Simmental Bull Very Happy
These are some of my favourites.

Last edited by HKHollinstone on Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Vivien

Vivien

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: top three best papo models   top three best papo models EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 1:55 pm

The Lioness cat ,the Nile Crocodile alien ,the Polar Bear ...and I love many of their dogs. I love you Very Happy

Last edited by Vivien on Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: top three best papo models   top three best papo models EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:08 pm

My 3 favorites from Papo are chamois, lioness without cub and hippo calf Very Happy cat

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: top three best papo models   top three best papo models EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 7:00 pm

:) :)

My three best: Great kudu , triceratops and polar bear.

I would like that with your opinion,please, adjunct photo .

Could be with EDIT and add your picture.

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: top three best papo models   top three best papo models EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 7:57 pm

landrover wrote:
:) :)

Could be with EDIT and add your picture.

GREAT idea cheers

bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: top three best papo models   top three best papo models EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 10:50 pm

From those I have: Kudu Antelope, NewFoundland Terrier and Platypus. But that Lioness looks so good on photos! Very Happy

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: top three best papo models   top three best papo models EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:15 pm

I forgot about the Polar Bear, although mine is different. (Picture Below) I also like the Panther (I seem to remember they call it a Black Jaguar, but I'm not sure and too lazy to find out right now).

I'm really looking forward to getting more dogs by Papo. The Boxer looks just fantastic. And the Collie as well.

(Sorry, a little dark. So hard to take pictures of dark animals.)

I wish Papo would do a Snow Leopard. They do Big Cats so well. (Although, the Papo Lynx looks very odd to me in pictures. I haven't seen it in person yet.)
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: top three best papo models   top three best papo models EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:18 pm

Bojan wrote:
From those I have: Kudu Antelope, NewFoundland Terrier and Platypus. But that Lioness looks so good on photos! Very Happy

Bojan, the lioness looks good in person too! She looks great! Almost all their Big Cats are extremely impressive. In that area, Papo is completely unrivaled.
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: top three best papo models   top three best papo models EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:23 pm

Sorry, just a couple more remarks. (And then I'll stay quiet and stop using up forum-space.)

ana wrote:
My 3 favorites from Papo are chamois, lioness without cub and hippo calf Very Happy cat

Ana, I love the Papo Chamois too! It's the best, in my opinion, of the three chamois figures I know (Papo, Schleich, and Bullyland).

landrover wrote:

My three best: Great kudu , triceratops and polar bear.

I love the Kudu too. It is so big though. (It is going to jump on that Triceratops and start biting it with its tiny, but ferocious mouth.) Still, I'm very glad I have it, despite its size.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: top three best papo models   top three best papo models Empty

Back to top Go down

top three best papo models
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next