Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion

Go down 
+18
skysthelimit
Master_Cat
baltimore zoo
HKHollinstone
Gabe
sphyrna18
ken yeo
Vivien
widukind
Taylcoel
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
scot(t)
Kristie
Sergey
animalluvr6
Roger
Chris Sweetman
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 1:20 am

Funny thing is, the Papo Puma and Noah's Pals Kinkajous are almost in scale with each other. In fact, the Papo Puma is a little too big! It's around 1:20 scale, while the Kinkajous are advertised as being 1:24 scale. So if the evil Kinkajous were just a bit bigger or the Puma was just a bit smaller, they'd be in scale!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 1:29 am

ken yeo wrote:
Congratulations,Chris! I like your 3rd photo. I am a Papo Puma lover too! despite of being small. But the details is one of the best.

Thank you Ken. However, to me the Papo puma is a bit big! affraid That is when compared to my favourite scale for animal models - 1:32nd. Wink

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisstar4/
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 1:36 am

scot(t) wrote:
With Chris's fantastic pictures of the Papo Puma and Harriet's wonderful before and after pictures of her repainted Safari on her blog, there isn't a need for any more photos. But I thought a side-by-side comparison picture of the two might be useful to some. This is just intended to be a very (very) modest contribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Papo is quite a bit smaller -- not only smaller than the Safari, but also smaller than the other big cats by Papo. Looking at the picture, I'm noticing that the color of the Papo is quite nice and I prefer it to the Safari in that respect. They are both excellent figures and I for one am extremely happy to have both.

If indeed Mojo will be releasing a Puma next year, that is wonderful news. I love these creatures. (I grew up calling them 'Cougars', I don't know why I use 'puma' now.)

Thank you Scott I appreciate your comments. Of course more pictures will only add to this thread and I like the comparison between the Papo and Safari cougars. Very Happy

To me the Papo puma is in scale to the other Papo big cats I have in my collection excepting their cheetah which is as big as their tiger! affraid

Now Scott you probably call this cat a cougar because of this is the term Mercury used for their 'pony' car! lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisstar4/
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: The mountain lion deserves a mountain!   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 1:59 am

The natural pose of the Papo mountain lion just begs for a "rocky" platform, so I placed this stone under its feet and suddenly the figure comes to life! Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 2:06 am

That's exactly what he needed. :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 2:30 am

It's make it more majestic and stand above the lion.

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 3:29 am

That looks great Gabe! Fantastic!
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Gabe

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 4:01 am

Thank you my friends! I like to add more "life" to the shelves. Very Happy

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 7:43 am

That looks so great! Nice idea Gabe cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 7:58 am

Nice setting/placement for the Cougar! Looks very natural! Did you all hear recently about the Mountain Lion who made it into residential Santa Monica(So Cal)? Unfortunately it was shot(They tried all efforts to capture, but didn't work).
Back to top Go down
Master_Cat

Country/State : The Moon, sometimes in Europe

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 9:08 am

It's awesome :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 9:10 am

Amazing the difference it makes cheers

Great inspiration, Gabe sunny

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 10:14 am

Very nice!!! Yes it looks like thereal life!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 10:35 am

That rock looks like it's shaped for that cougars legs cheers

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 10:47 am

skysthelimit wrote:
That rock looks like it's shaped for that cougars legs cheers

Yes, indeed ! Shocked
That is how it is meant to stand cheers

PeGe

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 2:04 pm

nice rock replica Very Happy

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 2:22 pm

Great idea, it really helps to see how lifelike is the figure. Now you need a good idea to give life to the lion without mountain. cat Wink

baltimore zoo wrote:
Nice setting/placement for the Cougar! Looks very natural! Did you all hear recently about the Mountain Lion who made it into residential Santa Monica(So Cal)? Unfortunately it was shot(They tried all efforts to capture, but didn't work).

No, I read it after your comment and it is incredible that in a so sophisticated country the only chance was to kill the animal. pale Thanks for telling! :)

Gabe

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 3:40 pm

Thank you... Embarassed Very Happy

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 7:13 pm

From the Santa Monica Daily Press: "Fish and Game arrived and officials made their first attempt to tranquilize the animal with a dart at 9:15 a.m.

Though it made an impact, the effects of tranquilizer darts are not as rapid as people might think, said Andrew Hughan, a spokesperson for the Department of Fish and Game.

“It’s important to realize that darting is not like it looks on TV or in the movies,” Hughan said. “It takes five to 15 minutes to take effect. What happens then is you put a dart into an animal, and then what you have is an angry animal with teeth and claws.”

Members of the Santa Monica Fire Department then tried to use water hoses to keep the animal contained in the courtyard and the police shot it with pepper balls. It made a move to escape west and SMPD officers made the decision to put it down, Almada said.

It was moving in the direction of a daycare center and crowds of curious onlookers."

So yes, it was tragic, but for the area it was heading(Daycare Center), public safety was at risk, so no matter how "sophisticated", it still takes 5-15 minutes for anesthesia to fully sedate an animal, no matter what country.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 12:00 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
From the Santa Monica Daily Press: "Fish and Game arrived and officials made their first attempt to tranquilize the animal with a dart at 9:15 a.m.

Though it made an impact, the effects of tranquilizer darts are not as rapid as people might think, said Andrew Hughan, a spokesperson for the Department of Fish and Game.

“It’s important to realize that darting is not like it looks on TV or in the movies,” Hughan said. “It takes five to 15 minutes to take effect. What happens then is you put a dart into an animal, and then what you have is an angry animal with teeth and claws.”

Members of the Santa Monica Fire Department then tried to use water hoses to keep the animal contained in the courtyard and the police shot it with pepper balls. It made a move to escape west and SMPD officers made the decision to put it down, Almada said.

It was moving in the direction of a daycare center and crowds of curious onlookers."

So yes, it was tragic, but for the area it was heading(Daycare Center), public safety was at risk, so no matter how "sophisticated", it still takes 5-15 minutes for anesthesia to fully sedate an animal, no matter what country.

I'm glad they did the best to save the animal and I understand that there are priorities like public safety. Anyway it happened in a country that is preparing an expediction to Mars, something technologically unbelievable and that is a true fact. I have a huge admiration for your country, what makes me being more exigent sometimes. Wink

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 2:28 am

I love the rock idea. The photos are stunning.
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 8:34 am

Yes, I feel Fish and Game did the best they could. But as stated public safety was at risk.
Thank you for your kinds words and admiration for our country! I have never lived anywhere else, and I'm sure there are some other nice places to live on this earth, but I am truly thankful to live here.
Back to top Go down
Bruno C Monteiro

Country/State : Brasil/São Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion - Page 2 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 2:32 pm

Beautiful photos Gabi, good light! Cgts.!
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Gabe

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion - Page 2 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 2:43 pm

Thanks for your comments :)

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 5:26 pm

Very nice Gabe, it looks a lot better now!

If I had the space I would display all of my animals with their own landscape like this

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion   Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo puma / cougar / mountain lion
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2