Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I have a picture repainted zebra? :)

Go down 
+10
Yurumi
Metallisuchus
remowshake
WILLYBACOMAN
Ana
Roger
STORMnl
Philter4
scot(t)
SyLoBe
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

I have a picture repainted zebra? :) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have a picture repainted zebra? :)   I have a picture repainted zebra? :) - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 May 2012 - 4:29

Yes Daniel, prices tend to go up, and not down... Crying or Very sad

PostSubject: Re: I have a picture repainted zebra? :)   I have a picture repainted zebra? :) - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 May 2012 - 13:36

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: I have a picture repainted zebra? :)   I have a picture repainted zebra? :) - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 May 2012 - 2:57

Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: I have a picture repainted zebra? :)   I have a picture repainted zebra? :) - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 May 2012 - 3:33

Speaking of zebras, if all of you don't know that zebras are my favorites you have not been reading my posts! I have two surprises coming in the next few months, first my small herd will increase by 2 if all goes well!!! I have put my two zebras together with my friends 4 and now 2 of the mares are pregnant! My pair is a mother/son pair and all of his have the same stud but different mothers so they are all 1/2 related, by putting my stallion with his mares and his stallion with mine all of the foals are from unrelated adults. I will post some photos as soon as they are born, it is hard while I am in California they are in Northern Florida so I don't get to see them very often.

The second surprise is not yet ready to be revealed but it is not the typical plains zebra or any of it's subspecies (which means no quagga either!).
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: I have a picture repainted zebra? :)   I have a picture repainted zebra? :) - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 May 2012 - 4:22

You make me very curious Phil, as i am one of the biggest zebra-lovers around here to as you might know! Rolling Eyes Shocked
Then you must have either Grevy's or Mountains-Zebra's(one of the 2 sub-species...)???
We are all eager to see those pics! bounce bounce bounce

Philter4

PostSubject: Re: I have a picture repainted zebra? :)   I have a picture repainted zebra? :) - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 May 2012 - 4:53

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
You make me very curious Phil, as i am one of the biggest zebra-lovers around here to as you might know! Rolling Eyes Shocked
Then you must have either Grevy's or Mountains-Zebra's(one of the 2 sub-species...)???
We are all eager to see those pics! bounce bounce bounce

Sorry Willy, I was not very clear but the second surprise is a custom zebra figure, not a live animal of a different species. Maybe someday I will have an opportunity to keep mountain or Grevy's but at this point both species are endangered and not available to me. I have the common plains zebra, most probably Equus quagga chapmani, although they could be burchell's or even a hybrid between the two.
Back to top Go down
remowshake

remowshake

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: I have a picture repainted zebra? :)   I have a picture repainted zebra? :) - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 May 2012 - 11:49

Pretty cool king

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: I have a picture repainted zebra? :)   I have a picture repainted zebra? :) - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 May 2012 - 3:47

That is cool indeed! Cool
But are you not sure then what you have there?
Are there no papers with them, which show their heritage or so...
Besides that, there are forms between them as you know, which show features of both sub-species... Rolling Eyes

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Wed 23 May 2012 - 23:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

PostSubject: Re: I have a picture repainted zebra? :)   I have a picture repainted zebra? :) - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 May 2012 - 19:32

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
are there no papers with them, which show their heritage or so...
Besides that, there are forms between them as you know, which show features of both sub-species... Rolling Eyes
No, I got them from the widow of the original owner and she had no idea what they were, just by looking and what is most common here I think they are Chapman's but I suppose it could be any number of color forms of common zebra. The only thing I do know is they are not any different from my friends group and his are Chapman's which gives me another clue to their lineage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have a picture repainted zebra? :)   I have a picture repainted zebra? :) - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 May 2012 - 19:39

In conclusion it is common zebra (no matter what sub-species), but certainly not Chapmann's or Burchell's, Grant's more or Crawshay's-when it comes to zebra Mojo.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: I have a picture repainted zebra? :)   I have a picture repainted zebra? :) - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 May 2012 - 20:53

For all zebras' lovers, have a look at this link Very Happy [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Two wonderful figures of zebras in scale 1:32 :) Unfortunately they are expensive too Sad But how beautiful!!! cheers sunny cheers sunny

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: I have a picture repainted zebra? :)   I have a picture repainted zebra? :) - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 May 2012 - 23:42

Philter4 wrote:
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
are there no papers with them, which show their heritage or so...
No, I got them from the widow of the original owner and she had no idea what they were, just by looking and what is most common here I think they are Chapman's but I suppose it could be any number of color forms of common zebra. The only thing I do know is they are not any different from my friends group and his are Chapman's which gives me another clue to their lineage.

Ok Phil, so the biggest chance is, that you might have Chapmanns, the species with the biggest numbers in the wild, so the most "common" indeed... Wink
Who more has real zebras walking in his paddocks from this forum???? Rolling Eyes Shocked

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Fri 25 May 2012 - 2:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

PostSubject: Re: I have a picture repainted zebra? :)   I have a picture repainted zebra? :) - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 May 2012 - 2:11

ana wrote:
For all zebras' lovers, have a look at this link Very Happy [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Two wonderful figures of zebras in scale 1:32 :) Unfortunately they are expensive too Sad But how beautiful!!! cheers sunny cheers sunny

Anna!!! WOW!!! that is a beautiful pair! Thanks so much for the link, it is too bad they are in the wrong scale for me to use, the price is worth such a wonderful figure for my diorama.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have a picture repainted zebra? :)   I have a picture repainted zebra? :) - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 May 2012 - 16:38

Very beautiful zebras Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have a picture repainted zebra? :)   I have a picture repainted zebra? :) - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 May 2012 - 16:41

I can not agree with you that most of the Chapmann's zebra. Most is a Grant's zebra, as throughout Kenya, Tanznaii, Uganda, Ruanda, Ethiopia and parts of Somalia, there are between 3 to 5 million (probably by the great migration of wildebeest, Thomson's and Grant's gazelles and Topi's antelopes) and Chamann's zebra is less than 3 million for sure because there are only a part of Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe and parts of South Africa.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have a picture repainted zebra? :)   I have a picture repainted zebra? :) - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 May 2012 - 16:47

Zebra evident in the link you gave Ana, the common zebra subspecies, and this is exactly the Crawshayi Zebra,

- photo: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Clearly different from the Grant's zebra (photo below): [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Greetings! :)
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: I have a picture repainted zebra? :)   I have a picture repainted zebra? :) - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 May 2012 - 2:19

Sorry Daniel, i ment to write the Grants zebra, but the other name was in my mind... Laughing

PostSubject: Re: I have a picture repainted zebra? :)   I have a picture repainted zebra? :) - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 May 2012 - 13:03

Ok, now I know that you made a mistake :))
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: I have a picture repainted zebra? :)   I have a picture repainted zebra? :) - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Jun 2012 - 3:15

Even i make mistakes... Wink

Metallisuchus

Country/State : America

PostSubject: Re: I have a picture repainted zebra? :)   I have a picture repainted zebra? :) - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Jun 2012 - 2:19

SyLoBe wrote:
I did a quagga using a Schleich model:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ah I KNEW it would be a Quagga! My favorite Equid! Great job, by the way!
Back to top Go down
Yurumi

Yurumi

Country/State : Leipzig, GERMANY

PostSubject: Re: I have a picture repainted zebra? :)   I have a picture repainted zebra? :) - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Jun 2012 - 11:22

Hello,
this are my repainted Schleich-zebras until now.
Right my interpretation of the Quagga Wink , in the middle of a commissioned work to picture of a Chapman's Zebra mare from the Hagenbeck Animal park in Hamburg and left the first attempt of a repainted Boehm Zebra.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I hope your enjoy :)

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: I have a picture repainted zebra? :)   I have a picture repainted zebra? :) - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Jun 2012 - 11:28

Phantastic work Ralf!! cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: I have a picture repainted zebra? :)   I have a picture repainted zebra? :) - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Jun 2012 - 12:41

Oh I love them, Ralf, especially the Chapman's zebra! I love you I love you

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: I have a picture repainted zebra? :)   I have a picture repainted zebra? :) - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Jun 2012 - 13:05

Wonderful ,beautiful repaints Ralf cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Yurumi

Yurumi

Country/State : Leipzig, GERMANY

PostSubject: Re: I have a picture repainted zebra? :)   I have a picture repainted zebra? :) - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Jun 2012 - 13:56

Many, many thanks Anna, Harriet and Andreas Embarassed sunny !!!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have a picture repainted zebra? :)   I have a picture repainted zebra? :) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I have a picture repainted zebra? :)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next