Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How do you display your collection?

Go down 
+13
Katty
Tylosaurus
Cyhyraeth
jarda
HKHollinstone
SUSANNE
weaselfan93
scot(t)
Ana
Steve170
Sergey
Gabe
Kristie
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

How do you display your collection? Empty
PostSubject: How do you display your collection?   How do you display your collection? EmptySun May 06, 2012 12:49 pm

On your shelves, do you display your collection by brand? Species? Fauna? Does anyone just let all brands and species live together in harmony?

I'm just curious. :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: How do you display your collection?   How do you display your collection? EmptySun May 06, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi Kristie,

I display by species...I group each species together, and each shelf can contain different groups of species. :)

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: How do you display your collection?   How do you display your collection? EmptySun May 06, 2012 5:59 pm

Kristie wrote:
On your shelves, do you display your collection by brand? Species? Fauna? Does anyone just let all brands and species live together in harmony?

I'm just curious. :)

-Kristie

Hi Kristie! Well... I did talk about my principles of collecting here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I repeat again that I like the principle of "zoogeographical landscapes" with some "natural" details of specific landscape. But sometimes I don,t have enough space for big animals or animals herds. For example I have too many models of african elephants, hippos or lions and they didn,t room in my general "African Landscape". Laughing Laughing Laughing So I did need to make a "separate" shelves of "elephants herd" and "lion pride" and etc. So I use mixed style (with depend of conditions)... Wink Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Sergey on Sun May 06, 2012 11:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

PostSubject: Re: How do you display your collection?   How do you display your collection? EmptySun May 06, 2012 6:17 pm

Sergey I always love looking at your displays. :)

I think most of us group by species or fauna. I'm intrigued by the idea of random groupings. Sometimes I just want to mix them all up! But I never have the nerve to do it. lol.

-KRistie
Back to top Go down
Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: How do you display your collection?   How do you display your collection? EmptySun May 06, 2012 6:38 pm

I group in species, I only collect my favourite species

Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: How do you display your collection?   How do you display your collection? EmptySun May 06, 2012 6:40 pm

Kristie wrote:
Sergey I always love looking at your displays. :)

I think most of us group by species or fauna. I'm intrigued by the idea of random groupings. Sometimes I just want to mix them all up! But I never have the nerve to do it. lol.

-KRistie

Haha! Go for it, you can always put them back

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: How do you display your collection?   How do you display your collection? EmptySun May 06, 2012 6:53 pm

I have similar system to Sergey's: zoo-geographic :) So African animals in one cabinet, then some North American on another shelf etc.. And when the shelf is too small for all my animals from one continent then I try to divide them into smaller groups, then one group contain animals from smaller area, not whole continent. :)
I have also horses and they stand next to other horses in similar scales. Many animals I put here and there when I see some free space or I keep them in boxes Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: How do you display your collection?   How do you display your collection? EmptySun May 06, 2012 9:10 pm

in our main living room, mostly on shelves that were once used for CDs, and (since there isn't enough room there) in front of the books in the bookcases as well. All species and brands are crammed together. But there is a vague clustering, according to types of animals and then according to region.
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

PostSubject: Re: How do you display your collection?   How do you display your collection? EmptySun May 06, 2012 9:25 pm

Thanks for all the responses. And feel free to show photos, too. Very Happy

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: How do you display your collection?   How do you display your collection? EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:18 pm

Here's a picture of one place where part of my collection is on display. Most of my horses and cattle are in another room and we have most of our recent acquisitions from the last couple months in yet another room. (I also still have about a hundred figures in boxes.) But when I started collecting, this is where the display began and bulk of it is still here.

(sorry, I know it's a small picture. I'm being shy.)
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

PostSubject: Re: How do you display your collection?   How do you display your collection? EmptySun May 06, 2012 11:00 pm

Wow Scott! That looks great! Thanks for sharing! cheers

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: How do you display your collection?   How do you display your collection? EmptySun May 06, 2012 11:14 pm

Sergey,
do you have any close-up pictures of your African animals display? especially the rhinos and antelope?
Thank You,
Lance
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

PostSubject: Re: How do you display your collection?   How do you display your collection? EmptyMon May 07, 2012 12:15 am

weaselfan93 wrote:
Sergey,
do you have any close-up pictures of your African animals display? especially the rhinos and antelope?
Thank You,
Lance

Ok Lance!

P.S. I know about some "not african" monkeys on this display! (Our friend Kiki did criticize me for them!) Laughing Laughing Laughing But this acacia is very comfortable place for monkeys! Sorry Christophe! Wink Wink Laughing

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: How do you display your collection?   How do you display your collection? EmptyMon May 07, 2012 2:02 am

thank you!!!!!!!! Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: How do you display your collection?   How do you display your collection? EmptyMon May 07, 2012 9:28 am

About my "system"..uhhh Embarassed

There is no way I can display them all, so the larger part is packed away.
I usually display the latest ones, by trying to squeeze them in where they look nice with the others.
A mixture of brand/species, look-nice-together.

Now and then I have to pack some down ( with bleeding heart), and leave the ones I like a little bit most, - then there is room for the newcommers for a while...and so on and so forth.
I was trying to take pictures yesterday, - they are EVERYWHERE - but OMG, on pictures it looks so messy Embarassed

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: How do you display your collection?   How do you display your collection? EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:10 am

ana wrote:
I have similar system to Sergey's: zoo-geographic
I used to display mine that way, at the moment I have all the Ungulates together, big cats and so on and a small section of animals in scale with one another. I need to sort the cabinet out again and have a swap round - although they fit better the way the are now, I would prefer to have them sorted by whatever countries they are from again.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Sergey

Sergey

PostSubject: Re: How do you display your collection?   How do you display your collection? EmptyMon May 07, 2012 6:46 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
ana wrote:
I have similar system to Sergey's: zoo-geographic
I used to display mine that way, at the moment I have all the Ungulates together, big cats and so on and a small section of animals in scale with one another. I need to sort the cabinet out again and have a swap round - although they fit better the way the are now, I would prefer to have them sorted by whatever countries they are from again.

...But by the way I think that "brand princeple of collecting" is good too. Because different brands has personal style, art and a scale at last (for example Lineol, Veb Plaho, PV, japanese Colorata, Kaiyodo, Yujin and etc.). For example our "STS patriarch" Christophe use this princeple in some of his shelves... Wink

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: How do you display your collection?   How do you display your collection? EmptyMon May 07, 2012 9:50 pm

I have no items displayed at this time, four display cabinets waiting for their citizens... But I have another point of view to this theme: Some brands produced sets of figures, so I like to display all animals from one set together. Another reason is the scale difference: If I mixed e.g. the Britains wolf with their Kaiyodo or Safari Ltd. counterparts, the result will be visually very odd Sad So I prefer to have all figures from one brand in one place :)
Back to top Go down
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: How do you display your collection?   How do you display your collection? EmptySun May 13, 2012 12:46 pm

Thanks God I collect only horses (only horses, only horses, only horses), so it's not a big problem for me to display my collection:)
Schleich-like equines have their own number of shelves, and are shown by breeds.
Breyer have their own bookshelves and are displayed by size mostly.
Breyer Stablemates now dwell together with wild animals because of the lack of space. And those wildlings are shown by species- wolves, wild cats, birds of prey, etc.

My action figurines collection has no shelf, so it's displayed together with Breyer horses) (and I can create scenes for fun Very Happy )

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

Country/State : Dirksland, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: How do you display your collection?   How do you display your collection? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 3:56 am

That's impressive Sergey Cool Yet I wonder you do you keep them all clean? As in dust free?

it might be an idea to make glass windowed doors for that case so they are better protected from dust particles, just an idea there.

Katty

Katty

Country/State : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: How do you display your collection?   How do you display your collection? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 6:28 am

My deer and wild cubs live on my bookshelf in the lounge and my stablemates live on top of the dvds.

All of my horses and horse cousins live on a shelf in my bedroom. The latest horses I purchase sit on the top for a bit, the get rotated depending who is my flavour of the month.

Then they are organised as, ponies, heavys, other horses, zebras, donkeys, bayala then the knights. All foals live with their parents.

Oh, and my two calves and piglet are on the back of the wagon currently. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

PostSubject: Re: How do you display your collection?   How do you display your collection? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 6:21 pm

Tylosaurus wrote:
That's impressive Sergey Cool Yet I wonder you do you keep them all clean? As in dust free?

it might be an idea to make glass windowed doors for that case so they are better protected from dust particles, just an idea there.

...Yeah, I have a some problems with a dust... scratch scratch Wink But it,s not a big problems! The prophilactic cleaning different displays 1 time on 2-3 weeks! =)))

pipi6

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: How do you display your collection?   How do you display your collection? EmptyFri May 18, 2012 12:24 am

I just make diorama then I place all the ones I think should be there. Thats how I put my collection on display.
Back to top Go down
Snardi

Snardi

Country/State : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: How do you display your collection?   How do you display your collection? EmptySat May 19, 2012 12:39 pm

So many cool collections! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have only four figures so far, so I just have them next to each other. If/when I get a big collection of different animals I would probably sort them by kind.
Back to top Go down
Master_Cat

Country/State : The Moon, sometimes in Europe

PostSubject: Re: How do you display your collection?   How do you display your collection? EmptyThu May 24, 2012 8:07 am

I usually put it on a shelve, but I don't have space for some other things, so I put them near my computer, with my other collections or on book shelves Very Happy (soon I'll probably have a new, slightly bigger shelve)

Since I have so many cats, they have their own shelve away from other animals cat (behind this steel plate, there's some other souvenirs, my wallet and other stuff)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you display your collection?   How do you display your collection? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you display your collection?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next