Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates

Go down 
+8
Ana
ken yeo
HKHollinstone
SUSANNE
scot(t)
Tiermann
Kikimalou
brontodocus
12 posters
AuthorMessage
brontodocus

brontodocus

Country/State : Germany

brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates Empty
PostSubject: brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates   brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates EmptyMon 07 May 2012, 22:32

Hi altogether, having joined yesterday and having received such a warm welcome I thought I could start showing some photos of my collection. Well, since I have approx. 1700 figures right now there's no possible way to put them all in one thread... Laughing So there, I guess I should begin a thread of my odd invertebrate figures (I'll better leave the arthropods out here, there are already too many). Let's hope I'll manage to correctly post my first photos here. Ah, yes, no wider than 800 pixels, I'll keep it in mind! :)

Okay, starting with an invertebrate of uncertain relationships to extant phyla...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dickinsonia costata; the vendozoan Giant Disc-Jelly from the Cadbury Yowies Lost Kingdoms Series A. Length 67 mm, scale is anywhere between 1:0.1 and 1:20, at least the fossil remains are extremely variable in size.

Aequorea victoria; Crystal Jelly (a hydrozoan leptomeduse instead of a "regular" scyphozoan jellyfish) from the Kitan Club Nature Techni Colour Jellyfish Series. Diameter is 45 mm, scale approx. 1:2 - 1:4.

Physophora hydrostatica; "Hula Skirt Siphonophore" (another hydrozoan but this is a colony rather than a single individual) by K&M. Total length 113 mm, scale approx. 1:1 - 1:2.

Physalia physalis; Portuguese Man o'War (also a colonial hydrozoan), the left one is by K&M, the right one from the Kitan Club Nature Techni Colour Jellyfish Series. Length of pneumatophor (the gas bladder) 48 and 49 mm, respectively, scale approx. 1:2 - 1:6.

...and as if that wasn't gelatinous enough already I'm already planning to continue with scyphozoan jellyfish flabbiness, just to get more slimy afterwards when it comes to the molluscs. Eek! affraid Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kaiyodo-Dinotales-Reference-Galler
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates   brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates EmptyMon 07 May 2012, 22:59

At last cheers It's time for us to see something else than Lions and antelopes Laughing Laughing Laughing

Can't wait to see more jelly pics Wink
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates   brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates EmptyTue 08 May 2012, 00:23

Wonderful, great too see species that aren't all that common

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
brontodocus

brontodocus

PostSubject: Re: brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates   brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates EmptyTue 08 May 2012, 00:28

Kikimalou wrote:
At last cheers It's time for us to see something else than Lions and antelopes Laughing Laughing Laughing

Can't wait to see more jelly pics Wink
Tiermann wrote:
Wonderful, great too see species that aren't all that common

Thanks a lot! :) Although I've heard that this year will be a good year for antelope figures... Very Happy
Well then... here we go! Very Happy
These are two colour versions of an unidentifiable scyphozoan jellyfish by AAA, diameter of umbrella is approx. 65 mm.

Chrysaora melanaster; Japanese Sea Nettle or Akakurage from the Kitan Club Nature Techni Colour Jellyfish Series. Diameter 32 mm, scale approx. 1:6.

Chrysaora fuscescens; Pacific Sea Nettle from the Kitan Club Nature Techni Colour Jellyfish Series. Diameter 37 mm, scale approx. 1:5 - 1:13.

Pelagia noctiluca; Mauve Stinger, "Glow in the Dark Pelagia Jellyfish" by Safari Ltd. / WS Sealife. Diameter 65 mm, scale approx. 1:1.

Aurelia aurita; Moon Jellyfish - top photo K&M. Diameter 44 mm, scale approx. 1:4 - 1:9. Middle photo: Furuta / Kaiyodo Choco Egg Animals Series 5 No. 138, diameter 35 mm, scale approx. 1:5 - 1:11. Bottom photo: Kitan Club Nature Techni Colour Jellyfish Series, diameter 46 mm, scale approx. 1:4 - 1:9.

Two Rhizostomeae from the Kitan Club Nature Techni Colour Jellyfish Series. Left: Rhopilema esculentum; Bizenkurage or Edible Jellyfish, diameter 36 mm, scale approx. 1:7 - 1:14. Right: Mastigias papua; Spotted Jellyfish, diameter 32 mm, scale approx. 1:4 - 1:19.

Another Mastigias papua; Spotted Jellyfish by K&M, diameter 47 mm, scale approx. 1:3 - 1:13.

Thysanostoma thysanura; this is a rhizostomean associated with juveniles of Gnathanodon speciosus, the Golden Trevally. From the Takara Kaiyodo Night Aqua Museum series, diameter of umbrella 16 mm, scale approx. 1:7 - 1:8.

Cassiopea ornata; Sakasakurage, an upside-down jellyfish from the Kitan Club Nature Techni Colour Jellyfish Series, diameter 42 mm, scale approx. 1:2 (- ?1:7).

Unidentified jellyfish by Bullyland, diameter approx. 55 mm, since it belongs to their fossil series it's possibly meant to be Rhizostomites admirandus from the Solnhofen Limestone.
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates   brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates EmptyTue 08 May 2012, 04:57

Really lovely figures Andre! Thanks for the post. I find interesting the different ways the jellyfish are presented. I really like the Kaiyodo configurations. And the K&M stand seems pretty as well. The last model, the Bullyland, also looks very nice on its stand. Is it just balanced there? Looks precarious.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates   brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates EmptyTue 08 May 2012, 08:11

scot(t) wrote:
Really lovely figures Andre! Thanks for the post. I find interesting the different ways the jellyfish are presented. I really like the Kaiyodo configurations. And the K&M stand seems pretty as well. The last model, the Bullyland, also looks very nice on its stand. Is it just balanced there? Looks precarious.

Scott, the stand is the INVICTA blue whale stand Wink

Andre, this collection is really amazing, the K&M and Kitan club are really impressive. I remember seeing them on JAUCE, but we all need to make choice Rolling Eyes

Could you share an " all together" pic ?
Back to top Go down
brontodocus

brontodocus

PostSubject: Re: brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates   brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates EmptyTue 08 May 2012, 08:20

Thanks, Scott & Christophe! :) Yes, the stand was the one that came with the Invicta Blue Whale and the Ichthyosaurus. The K&M Mastigias is displayed on one of these clear transport supports that come with some Safari Ltd. figures, I believe that's the one from the Roadrunner but I can't remember exactly. Oh, and I can also make a group photo, of course. :) Oh, and actually Jauce is where I've got my Kitan Club jellyfish from, they're made of a very soft material. I'm a little undecided about these straps, though.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates   brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates EmptyTue 08 May 2012, 08:34

It seems than the new KITAN and YUJIN sets have straps now, for the turtles, lizards and fishes I think it is not a happy choice... But for the jellyfishes, I'm still searching how to show them without straps scratch
Back to top Go down
brontodocus

brontodocus

PostSubject: Re: brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates   brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates EmptyTue 08 May 2012, 10:35

Kikimalou wrote:
It seems than the new KITAN and YUJIN sets have straps now, for the turtles, lizards and fishes I think it is not a happy choice... But for the jellyfishes, I'm still searching how to show them without straps scratch
From what I've seen, most sets come with and without straps, e.g. the Kitan Club ladybird beetles, poison dart frogs, etc., but I've never seen the Kitan Club jellyfish without straps. Yes, the eyelets where the thread is put through are a little annoying, especially when the figures do not really need to be displayed hanging. Neutral I don't understand the purpose of these straps anyway, are we supposed to hang them around our necks? scratch Given the soft material of the jellyfish I'm sure they will look awful within a short time, I guess the paint might rub off and they may attract lint and dust easily.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates   brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates EmptyTue 08 May 2012, 10:41

It is a bad news, since we haen't got a lot of choice among companies for this kind of stuff. What a Face
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates   brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates EmptyTue 08 May 2012, 11:23

This is fantastic affraid

WOW! What a fabulous and interesting, wonderful collection of unusual models cheers

And...I don`t believe my own eyes, - your fossile from Bullyland, - is it the picture, or is it really that colour Shocked
The usual ones are blue/purple drunken

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates   brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates EmptyTue 08 May 2012, 11:34

My goodness, these are fabulous Andre, I love the colours - what a gorgeous collection! drunken

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates   brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates EmptyTue 08 May 2012, 12:20

It's time for others! Kitan Club Nature Techni Colour Jellyfish Series is beautiful. Thanks Andre!!

brontodocus

PostSubject: Re: brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates   brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates EmptyTue 08 May 2012, 12:43

Thanks all! :)
SUSANNE wrote:
And...I don`t believe my own eyes, - your fossile from Bullyland, - is it the picture, or is it really that colour Shocked
The usual ones are blue/purple drunken
No, it's the usual colour. I make my photos without flashlight and the light source comes from above to give it realistic shadows but this causes some models to look different than stock photos, apparently.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates   brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates EmptyTue 08 May 2012, 12:57

Wow, how fascinating, colorful and "fantastic" creatures! Really some of them looks like from the fantasy world Shocked Shapes and colors of these animals are incredible and so inspiring cheers

All figures which You showed here I see first time, and I only knew very few of the species You showed here Andre :) It's wonderful how rich is the World of nature. Thank You for showing photos of these fantastic figures bounce bounce cheers

Now I must be very careful to not catch another collecting bug! And say to myself: Anna You not collect invertebrates, not collect invertebrates, not collect invertebrates Shocked Embarassed affraid

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates   brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates EmptyTue 08 May 2012, 18:05

I like a lot the way this topic is built showing replicas of many unusual species with scientific names, size and scales. It turns the subject even more interesting and we can learn a lot with it. Also the pictures are really great. Not being my subject as a collector I must confess I enjoyed a lot seeing these strange creatures. Something Portuguese here is also a good news. Very Happy
Thanks for showing, I hope to see in future more topics like this. cheers

widukind

PostSubject: Re: brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates   brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates EmptyTue 08 May 2012, 20:13

Really really interesting!!! Now i cant wait to see the rest of your collection!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates   brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates EmptyTue 08 May 2012, 20:54

Thank you very much. Thread very, very interesting. These replicas of Kitan Club seem magnificent. As Christophe says I too hope a group photo. cheers

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates   brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates EmptyTue 08 May 2012, 23:55

I'm finding this very interesting too, nice and different. Thank you for giving the all the information as well.

brontodocus

brontodocus

PostSubject: Re: brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates   brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates EmptyThu 10 May 2012, 10:52

Yay, thanks again! :)
It's not that easy for me to make group photos at the moment (most of my figures aren't on display but rather in storage boxes and our flat gets a new room so the craftsmen are here nearly all the time) but today I tried to make a group shot of the ones already posted. The Aequorea victoria is missing though, I just couldn't find it. scratch Note to self: Never ever place these Kitan Club jellyfish next to a bag of wine gum when the kids are at home, you might lose a few figures... Shocked Wink

So here they are. I've also included a fossil replica of Dickinsonia costata next to the Yowies figure. :)
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates   brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates EmptyThu 10 May 2012, 14:30

It's nice to see group photo of jellyfish!

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates   brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates EmptyThu 10 May 2012, 21:18

That looks great, thanks for posting it. Group photos are always fun to look at

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates   brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates EmptyThu 10 May 2012, 23:18

Thank you for the pic Andre, it is more impressive now Cool I have, only have Laughing , the KAIYODO moon jellyfish but it help me to see the real size of your models.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates   brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates Empty

Back to top Go down

brontodocus' miscellaneous (non-arthropod) invertebrates
Page 1 of 1