Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~

Go down 
+36
Joe
remrock02
MD1985
Joan Milelire
diversity
remowshake
Titwen
SyLoBe
Zwartvoet
Gab
noeska
alexmotoc
MartinH
Lasersword1973
zbyszek
Barricade
stecal
Ana
smhilin
Roger
Siobhan
aandmkw
Gabe
Kiryuha
Numa
Suebeedo
m.davis.15
schleich61
ken yeo
Kikimalou
HKHollinstone
Rio
Wildheart
Yurumi
WILLYBACOMAN
Admin
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 9:30 am

As to my Top-10, it has evolved since last year and now it looks like this:
1. Gaur - those abundant tiger figurines should have prey!:smile: apart from that, gaurs are really gorgeous
2. Guereza (aka Eastern Black-and-white Colobus) - there have to be African monkeys (not apes) in Schleich line-up cause somebody must be put on the branches of Schleich acacia and baobab!!!:wink: And guereza is pretty large and beautiful to become a figurine.
3. Great hornbill - gorgeous large-sized bird, and quite common for S.-E. Asia
4. Clouded leopard - another beautiful tree-dweller
5. Anoa - rare and beautiful, it could be the first rep of Sulawesi wildlife among all the toy animal line-ups

6. Howler monkey - at least one monkey species is a must for making a S. American display!
7. Lion-tailed Macaque - great looking monkey for Indian wildlife displays
8. Asiatic black bear - it's simply a matter of taste, I like this animal very much
9. Sun Bear - the same as with #4
10. Mountain Sheep (Argali or Mouflon) - the same as with #8

By the way, it'd be cool if everyone posting his/her wish-list would give comments - why does he/she prefer these species.
Back to top Go down
http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 8:36 pm

Hi Kyrill, nice to see you here from time to time! Very Happy

Well, it is hard to make a top 10 every time, specially when you see the lists of other collectors all the time, which give you new idea's every time....
Which manufacturer makes them is not important, but that they make it is the thing here!
Here is my list;

Bongo(of course)
Elen Antelope(nobody made it...)
Gaur(thanks Kyrill, i like those huge muscular bulls!)
Banteng(as we are in the wild cattle already...)
Clouded Leopard(there is just one to my knowledge...)
Sumatran Tiger(this species looks awesome!, a sub-species of the Malayan Tiger or Corbetti Tiger)
Pere David Deer(everybody forgot this strange looking and rare deer)
Boto/Amazon-/Orinoco Dolphin
Yangtze River Dolphin(very rare, and almost extinct)

And that is ten already, as i could name dousands of other species tooo, but ok, for now these would make me happy.

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 1:43 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Hi Kyrill, nice to see you here from time to time! Very Happy
Well, it is hard to make a top 10 every time, specially when you see the lists of other collectors all the time, which give you new idea's every time....
Which manufacturer makes them is not important, but that they make it is the thing here!
Hi, Willy! Nice to see you too.
I see that you are fond of rare species, but that's not my case.
I prefer animals that are more or less common for a definite region or biotope. Cause for me the most important thing here is zoogeographical representation of species.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 9:05 am

Hi Kyrill, yes, that is true.
I like to see the species that are rare and not often made indeed.
I still know about your displays, so i understand your point of view of course. :)

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 3:26 pm

Ok, let's game with the SChleich 2011.

I already play the game with the Papo 2011 and you will find my choice's explanation here Very Happy : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So, what about the Schleich ? No big cats or reptiles because IMHO they are surpassed by Papo.

1- A bongo, because we need a bongo, more than that we need a bongo tribe so the Schleich one could be the little chubby of the band Laughing
2- A red riverhogs tribe because I love red river hogs and the Schleich warthogs are really awesome
3- A new cape buffalo because I need more of them and I love the first one.
4- A gaur because it is a rarely seen animal and SChleich is good on the bulky side of the force Very Happy
5- A takin because it is a fantastic animal and I'm sure Schleich could do one as good as their retired rocky mountains goat.
6- A Javan rhino, from the same sculptor than the Indian one
7- An Asiatic wild ass, same sculptor than the zebras or the Poitou donkey
8- An Indus river dolphin or a spectacled porpoise
9- A pigmy hippopotamus
10- NO DINOSAURS ( not as accurate as the SAFARI and not as fine as the Papo) but some marine reptiles from the sculptor who made the shonisaurus, elasmo and kronosaurus.
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 3:54 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

...SChleich is good on the bulky side of the force Very Happy
100%!

Kikimalou wrote:
A Javan rhino, from the same sculptor than the Indian one
Eh, the sculptor may have troubles in making thise model - where will he be able to watch a live animal in captivity???

Kikimalou wrote:
A pigmy hippopotamus
No way - children will think it's baby hippo when on shop shelves.
Back to top Go down
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 4:35 am

1. Lionhead rabbit - I own a lionhead rabbit, a real one, and I haven't seen a model of this breed before.

2. Maned Wolf - I'd love a Maned Wolf model that is easy to get. Such elegant looking creatures.

3. Coati - I think they are really interesting animals and I haven't seen a model that is "right"

4. A rearing Zebra Stallion - they've done it with the horses so why not a Zebra ? :)

5. Gerenuk - I love these danity looking ungulate. To my knowledge, the big brands have not yet created one ?

6. Red River Hogs - What's more to say ? They are so cute !

7. More Przewalski horses - Their current one, in my eyes, isn't a true representation of one. Winter coat maybe but I'd like one in a summer coat.

8. Blackbuck - We need more ungulates !

9. Takin - Something different looking. I bet many people do not know of Takins so it would be a new collectible for them.

10. Saiga - Again, something different looking and I find them cute ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 4:39 am

I love Takins they are gorgeous and a Saiga would be so cute!
They'd have to make a baby Takin too
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
is that real? he's so small!
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Rio

Rio

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 4:44 am

cheers Yes, baby Takin is a must ! Look at that cute furry thing ^_^
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 5:32 am

Kiryuha wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

...SChleich is good on the bulky side of the force Very Happy
100%!

Wink

Kiryuha wrote:

Kikimalou wrote:
A Javan rhino, from the same sculptor than the Indian one
Eh, the sculptor may have troubles in making thise model - where will he be able to watch a live animal in captivity???

Of course, you are right Kyril scratch

And since Schleich sculptors seems unable to do serious research when they make extinct animals like dinos, This rhino could have the look of a pig with two horns Laughing

Kiryuha wrote:

Kikimalou wrote:
A pigmy hippopotamus
No way - children will think it's baby hippo when on shop shelves.

Well, when I was a child I used to know what was a pigmy hippo and I could bought the Starlux one so... 2010's children can still learn something or maybe they already know Wink
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 5:35 am

Rio wrote:

5. Gerenuk - I love these danity looking ungulate. To my knowledge, the big brands have not yet created one ?

Schleich ? A gerenuk ? Laughing It would be the first chubby gerenuk of the world tongue lol!
Back to top Go down
Rio

Rio

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 7:21 am

Laughing That's true. Although their Gazelle isn't too bad :)
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 8:46 am

I'd like to see a North American Elk, especially the bull elk bugling - they are as big as a cow (good eatin too :) ) I would also like to see a Big Horn sheep, they could do a younger male and an older male as the horns wrap around and get bigger as they age. The ewes have little horns too. In fact how about the whole herd?
Oh, and lets not forget the Yeti! Laughing

I was disappointed in the size of the newest Great Dane. I can see their reasoning in having them fit with the people, but I was looking forward to it being the same ratio as the other dogs ~ I wanted them to tower over the shorter dogs Sad
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 9:05 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Rio wrote:

Schleich ? A gerenuk ? Laughing It would be the first chubby gerenuk of the world tongue lol!

You're right. Gerenuk is way too slender and has too thin horns for us to dream to see it one day in Schleich line-up...
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 9:06 am

Suebeedo wrote:
I...I would also like to see a Big Horn sheep, they could do a younger male and an older male as the horns wrap around and get bigger as they age. The ewes have little horns too. In fact how about the whole herd?
A herd of bighorn sheep would be incredible!
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 9:10 am

Rio wrote:

3. Coati - I think they are really interesting animals and I haven't seen a model that is "right"
I support!

Rio wrote:

9. Takin - Something different looking. I bet many people do not know of Takins so it would be a new collectible for them.
10. Saiga - Again, something different looking and I find them cute

Those would be great figures too. But I think only Safari among the majors may produce such figures - they favor rare species.
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 10:34 am

Maybe this will be the year that all 3 make a bongo. They all did the tapir, so we can all hope.
Back to top Go down
Siobhan

Siobhan

Country/State : Tampere, Finland

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 7:18 am

Hi everybody. I'm a fanatic Schleich-collector from Finland and I just got registered over here :) I collect mainly horses and their accessories like riders and stuff.
To stick to the topic, here's my very horsey wish list for next year:
- Thoroughbred mare and foal
- American Bashkir Curly, a family would be awesome...
- Welsh mare/stallion/both
- Przewalski foal
- Shagya Arabian
- Fjord Horse mare
- a sort of carriage, like the ones you see at weddings and stuff Very Happy I actually had a dream once that Schleich made this! I hope it's a premonition, after all I have witch blood from my mother's side... (some of her ancestors supposedly were accused of sorcery and burnt in the 16th century or something!)
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 8:17 am

Siobhan wrote:
Hi everybody. I'm a fanatic Schleich-collector from Finland and I just got registered over here :) I collect mainly horses and their accessories like riders and stuff.
To stick to the topic, here's my very horsey wish list for next year:
- Thoroughbred mare and foal
- American Bashkir Curly, a family would be awesome...
- Welsh mare/stallion/both
- Przewalski foal
- Shagya Arabian
- Fjord Horse mare
- a sort of carriage, like the ones you see at weddings and stuff Very Happy I actually had a dream once that Schleich made this! I hope it's a premonition, after all I have witch blood from my mother's side... (some of her ancestors supposedly were accused of sorcery and burnt in the 16th century or something!)
Welcome to the forum! Look forward to seeing your collection Siobhan Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 8:33 am

Welcome, Siobhan. I believe Schleich is very, very good with horse models. The horse I'd love to see is extinct - the Eohippus, or one of its relatives. For non-horse figurines, I'd go for an aardvark, capybara, opossum, platypus and wombat.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Siobhan

Siobhan

Country/State : Tampere, Finland

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 1:21 pm

That's very true schleich61! Compared to any other maker I think Schleich makes the most realistic and natural-looking horses. I think Bullylands look a tiny bit clumsy and the Safaris' colour isn't very natural. But this is just my opinion so no need to feel insulted anyone who has them (or put up a verbal attack like one collector at a Finnish forum...) Breyers are stunning, but it's too difficult to get them in Finland. 2010 was a good Schleich-horse year (so many new models came out!) especially cos I had hoped for an Andalusian mare and foal, a Friesian stallion and a pony tack set for so long! Let's hope this year will be good too :)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Country/State : NRW, Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 1:29 pm

Siobhan wrote:
That's very true schleich61! Compared to any other maker I think Schleich makes the most realistic and natural-looking horses. I think Bullylands look a tiny bit clumsy and the Safaris' colour isn't very natural. But this is just my opinion so no need to feel insulted anyone who has them (or put up a verbal attack like one collector at a Finnish forum...) Breyers are stunning, but it's too difficult to get them in Finland. 2010 was a good Schleich-horse year (so many new models came out!) especially cos I had hoped for an Andalusian mare and foal, a Friesian stallion and a pony tack set for so long! Let's hope this year will be good too :)

Hi Siobhan and welcome to our forum. Everybody can give here his own opinion. Nobody will be insulted when you use friendly words. Verbal attacks are here undesirable.
Back to top Go down
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 8:53 pm

Welcome here Siobhan!
We love to see new members here! cheers

It is like Torben(admin) said, everybody has its own opinion and insightes about some models, so feel free to say what you think about them
But i collect all brands of any animal-figurine, so i have some Bullyland horses too.
The oldest models are a little bit playfull, but the newer models are quit good i think, even better then the Papo's...
Tomorrow when i have more energy, i wil put some pics of the Bullyland horses that i own here, and then you can see some old ones, and the much better new ones... :)

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 2:56 am

I don't understand why so few companies produce aardvarks(the Safari one is on the list,but it's HUGE)!!!
It should be a very popular animal since the cartoon release of ''The Ant and the Aardvark''(in the late 60's):
It was published in Germany,England,the USA,Romania,Austria and Italy just from what I know(or seen on TV). Very Happy

More:
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Schleich 2011   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 7:15 am

I'm a collector from Portugal. I collect different animals to show to blind people but in fact, I'm collecting wild felines.
I'd like to see:
new jaguar
new red fox
new asian elephant
new hippopotamus
new walrus
real king-penguins chiks
A real female ostrich
a caracal
a serval
a clouded leopard
an iberian lynx
a snow leopard
I think that the felines are more interesting from Papo but I'd like to see a lynx and a cheetah from CollectA which last models are improoving and the scale feet correctly with Schleich.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~
Page 3 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next