Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~

Go down 
+36
Joe
remrock02
MD1985
Joan Milelire
diversity
remowshake
Titwen
SyLoBe
Zwartvoet
Gab
noeska
alexmotoc
MartinH
Lasersword1973
zbyszek
Barricade
stecal
Ana
smhilin
Roger
Siobhan
aandmkw
Gabe
Kiryuha
Numa
Suebeedo
m.davis.15
schleich61
ken yeo
Kikimalou
HKHollinstone
Rio
Wildheart
Yurumi
WILLYBACOMAN
Admin
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 3:41 pm

Welcome to the forum, Roger! What city are you from?
Roger wrote:
I'm a collector from Portugal. I collect different animals to show to blind people but in fact, I'm collecting wild felines.
I'd like to see:
new jaguar
new red fox
new asian elephant
new hippopotamus
new walrus
real king-penguins chiks
A real female ostrich
a caracal
a serval
a clouded leopard
an iberian lynx
a snow leopard
Clouded leopard is a potential mega-hit among collectors - every second one puts it in his/her wish-list (including me).
As to the iberian lynx, I think Schleich and Papo won't make it cause they already have lynxes in their ranges and the manufacturers don't seem to be into subspecies. Eurasian variant of lynx has a much wider audience, as kids in many countries could call it a native critter of their state.
Back to top Go down
http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:32 pm

... [/quote]
Clouded leopard is a potential mega-hit among collectors - every second one puts it in his/her wish-list (including me).
As to the iberian lynx, I think Schleich and Papo won't make it cause they already have lynxes in their ranges and the manufacturers don't seem to be into subspecies. Eurasian variant of lynx has a much wider audience, as kids in many countries could call it a native critter of their state.[/quote]

You're right but the question is what we would like to see and not what is expectable.
Schleich lynx is from 2010 and isn't absolutly unexpectable to see an Iberian. Papo lynx has not the same quality of other papo felines.
I'd like to see CollectA making an Iberian Lynx.
The only thing that is not right is that Iberian are not subspecies of a lynx, it is a different species.
And it's a wonderful one very popular in Portugal and Spain where they are almost extinct.
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:56 pm

Roger wrote:

The only thing that is not right is that Iberian are not subspecies of a lynx, it is a different species.
And it's a wonderful one very popular in Portugal and Spain where they are almost extinct.
I didn't know that there are lynxes in Portugal. In what part of the country?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 10:59 pm

Wildheart wrote:
I don't understand why so few companies produce aardvarks(the Safari one is on the list,but it's HUGE)!!!
It should be a very popular animal since the cartoon release of ''The Ant and the Aardvark''(in the late 60's):
It was published in Germany,England,the USA,Romania,Austria and Italy just from what I know(or seen on TV). Very Happy

It was also on French TV but the name was "fourmi rouge et tamanoir" which means " Red ant and Anteater" cyclops Silly country drunken
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:48 am

First welcome to the forum Roger! :)

About the lynx is correct, the species is just too far off for a sub-species, but very very closely related of course!
Both lynx-species evolved from the Pleistocene lynx-species Lynx issiodorensis.
It is thought that there are only 84 left in the wild, so they are highly endangered!

The Iberian or Pardel-lynx as we call it here, is the most beautifull of them all i think.
The old Schleich model resambles it more or less, at least in the colouration, and the way the spots are on the model... Cool
The Iberian lynx does stil live in small seperated populations in the south-west of the Iberic peninsula.
There are 2 populations in Andalucia, one in Castilla-De Mancha, and the biggest population lives in the National Parc Donaña.
Before agrigaculture land took their habitat, the lived over the whole Iberic peninsula, in the south of France, and even in Italy.

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Siobhan

Siobhan

Country/State : Tampere, Finland

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 3:35 pm

I just noticet Kiryuha asked for comments as to why we want Schleich to make certain figures. So here's my answers.

-American Bashkir Curly is a very unique and attractive-looking horse because they are curly-haired like the name suggests. I recently read an article about them and there's even more interesting and unique stuff about them than just the curliness.
-The latest English Thoroughbred retired it seems ages ago and they deserve to be a part of the product range because they are the forefathers of so many other breeds! Besides last year there were so many Baroque-type horses (Andalusians, Lusitano) so now would be the time to make something different :) Not that I don't like the Baroque horses, I adore them.
-Welsh (all the four types) is my favourite pony breed and it would make a very beautiful model, whichever of the four types it would be. It would go nicely with the new pony riding set :)
-Fjord Horse is another one that hasn't been updated for ages. They are also very unique-looking and therefore would make a nice model.
-A Przewalski foal would definitely look adorable. Besides my Przewalski mare looks a bit lonely, being the only not-domesticated horse in my lot!
-Shagya Arabian would represent Hungary, since Schleich hasn't made any Hungarian horses yet. They are also very, very beautiful, combinations of the best parts of Arabian and European horses.
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 5:12 pm

I would love to see an Arabian, Siobhan. Or maybe several new ones!
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 7:43 pm

I could easily pick 10 horses that I would like Schleich to make.

Some of their horses are very good and then others, are good, but don't seem to fit the breed that they are given. For instance, the latest Quarter horse doesn't look much like one.

I would love a Polo Pony. I know they differ in size and colour so they could also be shown as different breeds, if you are into model horse showing or photo showing, or easy repaints into other light breeds.

Gelderlander - One of my favourite breeds and I don't have a single one, except a Breyer.

Cleveland Bay - Just a strong and powerful horse and sadly very endangered. I have a model of this breed, a Breyer, but I would like one in smaller scale.

Suffolk Punch - Another gorgeous heavy horse who is sadly endangered. They come in 6 different shades of Chestnut, Maybe Schleich could try and do all six ? Wink

Marwari - Something a little bit different :)

Akhal-Teke - A light horse with an iridescent coat. Would be nice to have a paint job with a little bit of a shimmer.

American Shetland Pony - a lot different from their wild British cousins, still small but of a slimmer frame and usually a clipped coat.

A warmblood horse, without a brand, which could be a number of warmblood breeds depending on the colour.

Tersk - I'm not usually one for Arabian looking horses but Tersks are just that little bit different. Would be limited on colours, if they want to stay true to the breed, but they've got that little bit of flare that sets them off.

Pony - Just a trotting pony. This could be done in so many colours and wouldn't be tied to a certain breed. It could be a grade pony or just a back yard pony. The friendly little ponies that are usually found at riding stables or roaming in fields.

Those would be the 10 that I would pick.
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
Siobhan

Siobhan

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 6:48 am

Your list is very interesting Rio. The Cleveland Bay, for instance, is probably only seen in pictures in books here in Finland so it would be cool to see it as a model at least!
I'll add one more horse to my list so I'll have full ten too: the Peruvian Paso. There aren't any South American horses yet, except the Falabella and it's a very very small sample of all the interesting breeds of that continent Very Happy Just imagine that one with a loooong mane and tail, and sculpted in its unique way of moving!
All of the four Welsh categories would make a very nice package so then my list would have 13 items. But the longer the list, the bigger the likelihood of getting at least one of your wishes fulfilled, right? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 9:35 am

I second a Suffolk Punch. Yes, some of schleich's horses aren't very good, like the Tinker stallion, his neck I thought was strange and I hate his hoofs/legs. Whereas the mare was gorgeous and the foal was really cute.
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: what will Schleich introduce in 2011 ?    2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Hello, my friends!
In recent years the first days of September became special for me and for many collectors who were drawn together at the LG Forum. Because it is the time to ask the most vital question for all the collectors: what will Schleich introduce in 2011?
Last year the first to share the list of new Schleich was Daniel, who shared the info unusually early - on October, 15. In 2008 the “harbinger” was our friend Drnarayanan who shared the list of new Schleich stuff on December, 8. In 2007 we got the info also in December.

So let's share here any speculations, rumours and actual information we might get on the new Schleich 2011 range!

P.S.: I’d like to admit that we have lots of threads going for what we would like to see (for example [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]). For now let's use this one for the things we really think we are likely to see.

Last edited by Kiryuha on Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Siobhan

Siobhan

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 2:14 pm

Good to have thread like this also! I'm just gonna speculate about horses though, because I'm not serious about any other Schleichs so I haven't much to speculate about them.
In recent years there have come out quite many stallions that don't have their mares yet, like the Mustangs, Tennessee Walking Horse, Palomino, Pinto and Lusitano. I'm pretty sure that some of them will get themselves a girlfriend next year! And maybe some new foals in the already existing breeds. They might also make another yearling, like the Schwarzwald one, now that they finally realized that it's possible to make other models than little foals and fully grown horses.
Back to top Go down
smhilin

smhilin

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 4:59 pm

Well, I am new to this website, but i have seen many predictions on here and other sites! such as:

1. Tapir Calf :)
2. Great Pyreenes Family :)
3. Great Dane Male
4. Okapi Female and Calf :)
5. Hyena Family :)
6. Guar
7. Gazelle Male
8. Piebald Family :)
9. Aspen Tree :)
10. Bunnies (baby rabbits) on stand albino
11. Lusitano Mare and Foal :)
12. Camargue Stallion
13. Palamino Mare and Foal
14. Chow Chow
15. Elk Family :)
16. Fox Family :)
17. Black Jaquar :)
18. Skewbald Family :)
19. Coyote
20. West Highland White Terrier Family Very Happy

Those are the predictions! I dont know if they are true or not, but might as well hope for the best!
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 5:54 pm

OK, let's think about this "never dying" question Laughing I would like to see from Schleich next year:
A:Wildlife:
-another zebra, maybe different pose like lying or playing
-new African elephant family
-new hippo!
-red river hog family
-reindeer
-new red deer male or another specie of deer-follow deer
-maybe one of duikers species:my vote is yellow backed duiker
-mouflon family
-aardvark
-oryx antelope

B:Farmlife, dogs and horses:
-new sheep, all family, and one I wish to see in grazing pose
-new rabbits
-Suffolk Punch horse
-some new chestnut horses, could be Hanoverian or Trakenher
-konik horse
-new Fjord pony
-Irish wolfhound
and many more animals cat albino elephant pig Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 7:16 pm

Wildlife
Bongo
Zebra lying
Asian elephant to scale
Okapi female and calf
Water Buffalo
White Rhino family

Horses
Suffolk Punch
Fjord horse
Caspian Pony
Dutch heavy draft
Exmoor pony

Farmlife
Ayrshire cattle family
Hereford cattle family
Belted Galloway family
Goats, a larger breed
Shetland sheep

Dogs
Dachshund (one begging as well as one standing)
Rough Collie (one standing and lying)
English Pointer standing
Wire Fox Terrier (one sitting and one lying)

Sea life
Leopard Seal
Arctic Fox
Southern Rockhopper Penguin
Emperor Penguin (sliding and another standing looking down at an egg or chick)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Country/State : NRW, Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 7:37 pm

smhilin wrote:
Well, I am new to this website, but i have seen many predictions on here and other sites! such as:

2. Great Pyreenes Family :)
3. Great Dane Male
4. Okapi Female and Calf :)
5. Hyena Family :)
6. Guar
7. Gazelle Male
8. Piebald Family :)
9. Aspen Tree :)
10. Bunnies (baby rabbits) on stand albino
11. Lusitano Mare and Foal :)
12. Camargue Stallion
13. Palamino Mare and Foal
14. Chow Chow
15. Elk Family :)
16. Fox Family :)
17. Black Jaquar :)
18. Skewbald Family :)
19. Coyote
20. West Highland White Terrier Family Very Happy

Those are the predictions! I dont know if they are true or not, but might as well hope for the best!

Hi smhilin,

welcome to our forum. We hope you have a good time here. Do you have some insider informations about Schleich 2011. It seems so.

Torben
Back to top Go down
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de
stecal

stecal

Country/State : dorset england

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 8:24 pm

hi i heard from a reliable source that there will be 40 new items next year but not what any of them were unfortunetly Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collections/by/stecal
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 10:00 pm

smhilin wrote:
Well, I am new to this website, but i have seen many predictions on here and other sites!
Welcome to the forum!
I've got some comments on your predictions list.

smhilin wrote:
- That would be very logical.
smhilin wrote:
2. Great Pyreenes Family
- Who are the Pyreenes?
smhilin wrote:
4. Okapi Female and Calf
- Hm, an interesting thought...
smhilin wrote:
5. Hyena Family
- I would be glad, but I doubt that. I'd give it only a 0.001% chance.
smhilin wrote:
6. Gaur
- Chances to see a Gaur are rather high indeed, due to some rumoures that had been circulating at the end of 2008...
smhilin wrote:
7. Gazelle Male
- I doubt that - long, thin and sharp horns seem to be a taboo for Schleich.
smhilin wrote:
9. Aspen Tree
- That'd be great but I doubt it.
smhilin wrote:
Fox Family
- Why not?
smhilin wrote:
17. Black Jaquar
- Chances are high, I think.

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 10:24 pm

I wish they'd make an Eland too.
Welcome to the forum smhilin Very Happy
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 10:51 pm

Welcome, smhilin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 10:56 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
smhilin wrote:
Well, I am new to this website, but i have seen many predictions on here and other sites!
Welcome to the forum!
I've got some comments on your predictions list.

smhilin wrote:
- That would be very logical.
smhilin wrote:
2. Great Pyreenes Family
- Who are the Pyreenes?
smhilin wrote:
4. Okapi Female and Calf
- Hm, an interesting thought...
smhilin wrote:
5. Hyena Family
- I would be glad, but I doubt that. I'd give it only a 0.001% chance.
smhilin wrote:
6. Gaur
- Chances to see a Gaur are rather high indeed, due to some rumoures that had been circulating at the end of 2008...
smhilin wrote:
7. Gazelle Male
- I doubt that - long, thin and sharp horns seem to be a taboo for Schleich.
smhilin wrote:
9. Aspen Tree
- That'd be great but I doubt it.
smhilin wrote:
Fox Family
- Why not?
smhilin wrote:
17. Black Jaquar
- Chances are high, I think.

Make sense Smhilin list, there are obvious and no logical like every year Schleich lists. Schleich fox has no sex! Probably a new one!

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 10:57 pm

ana wrote:
OK, let's think about this "never dying" question Laughing I would like to see from Schleich next year:
An interesting list, Ania! I'd like to comment some of your preducrions:
ana wrote:
another zebra, maybe different pose like lying or playing
- Very reasonable, but I doubt about the lying pose - it's not very playable for kids.
ana wrote:
-new African elephant family
- I doubt that. I think current elephants are gaining enough sales for Schleich to stay in the range unchanged.
ana wrote:
-new hippo!
- I support!
ana wrote:
-red river hog family
- That'd be great but I'm sure we won't see them. Moreover, there's a family of African Suidae already.
ana wrote:
new red deer male or another specie of deer-follow deer
- Maybe!
ana wrote:
maybe one of duikers species:my vote is yellow backed duiker
- No way, I think.
ana wrote:
mouflon family
- That'd be really cool, but I doubt.
ana wrote:
aardvark
- it is not improbable, but the animal itself is not "cute" enough to make decent sales, I think...
ana wrote:
oryx antelope
- A remake of the oryx? I doubt that. When it comes to Africa, Schleich has been introducing only savanna dwellers recently, so the oryx won't fit the "ecosystem".

Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 11:00 pm

I did not give any thoughts about this theme yet, and it seems that most of your lists are more like wishes then real guesses what comes in 2011, but that i can understand.
I have one quit secure guess, a Shetland pony and foal.
See the pic...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 11:03 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
Wildlife
Bongo
Zebra lying
Asian elephant to scale
Okapi female and calf
Water Buffalo
White Rhino family
I agree that Zebra lying and Okapi female and calf are quite probable.
But why would Schleich make new Asian elephant and White Rhinos, when all of their competitors already offer such figures in their line-ups? That'd be not economically efficient, as I may reckon.
To see a Bongo will be great, but it's not a savanna critter, so his chances are mediocre.
As to the Water Buffalo - maybe, but I doubt.
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 11:08 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
I did not give any thoughts about this theme yet, and it seems that most of your lists are more like wishes then real guesses what comes in 2011...
I disagree, the above lists look much more like what we expect to see rather than what we want to see Cool There are no sable antelopes, gerenuks, ocelots, clouded leopards and other so much sought-after stuff. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~
Page 4 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next