Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Horse opinions?

Go down 
+6
SyLoBe
SUSANNE
Kristie
scot(t)
pipi6
Katty
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Katty

Katty

Country/State : New Zealand

Horse opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Horse opinions?   Horse opinions? EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:08 pm

I predominatly collect schliech horses, but I'm slowly feeling sadder about the newer models.... Is it just me or are the horsey eyes getting bigger and less appealing?? What does everyone else think?

Since joining STS I have discovered so many other brands with wonderful models.....
Dillema! pale

Back to top Go down
pipi6

pipi6

Country/State : Canada

Horse opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse opinions?   Horse opinions? EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:29 pm

This year I fell in love with the camaruge mare she is very pretty and detailed in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Katty

Katty

Horse opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse opinions?   Horse opinions? EmptyFri May 18, 2012 3:00 pm

pipi6 wrote:
This year I fell in love with the camaruge mare she is very pretty and detailed in my opinion.

I love camargues. I haven't see her in real life yet. Only on the net. I love the "star" on the foals head. Once again I have only seen them on the schliech website. (It's still hard to find the 2012 models in new zealand) Do you have any pic's??
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

Horse opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse opinions?   Horse opinions? EmptyFri May 18, 2012 5:21 pm

Katty wrote:
I predominatly collect schliech horses, but I'm slowly feeling sadder about the newer models.... Is it just me or are the horsey eyes getting bigger and less appealing?? What does everyone else think?

Since joining STS I have discovered so many other brands with wonderful models.....
Dillema! pale

I'm not a serious horse collector (I do have what seems to me like a lot of horses -- about 40 or 50 -- but I know that is a very small number compared to real collectors). But I still pay attention to horse models. And Katty, I agree with you about the more recent Schleich horse models. Some of them seem good (the new Haflinger Foal, for example), but others I'm in no way interested in. It's hard to know what other company to turn to though. Breyer seems great, but that's a whole different game.
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

Horse opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse opinions?   Horse opinions? EmptyFri May 18, 2012 5:39 pm

I think perhaps you should not focus on just one brand, but instead collect the horses that you like! :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Horse opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse opinions?   Horse opinions? EmptyFri May 18, 2012 6:51 pm

I have been disapointed about the Schleich horses for the last 3 or 4 years.
They are very nice, - some are even lovely, but they are so similar, - no personality like the old ones, - of course that is only MY opinion Wink

I have a couple of the newer collectAs , - but there the same, - very beaytyful, but the designer doesn`t vary them enough, they are all "wild-wild horses". Crying or Very sad

The only one that makes ( mainly) horses with action and/or personality right now, is Papo.

The Bullyland horses CERTAINLY have personality, - hmmm, perhaps a bit too much Rolling Eyes Laughing

BUT ! Now I can`t wait to see the new ones from Mojo/Ana bounce bounce cheers

SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

Horse opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse opinions?   Horse opinions? EmptySat May 19, 2012 4:09 pm

I bought all the Schleich horses because I want to have my Schleich horses collection complete. But if I only collected the horses I really like I woudn´t have bought any of this year models.

When I get my first money for my job I´ll buy some Safari and other brands. I feel they are doing better than Schleich now. In fact I bought a couple Elastolin few ago, I´m still waiting for their arrival.

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Katty

Katty

Horse opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse opinions?   Horse opinions? EmptySun May 20, 2012 7:59 am

Thanks pipi6, scot(t), SUZZANE, SyLoBy and Kristie!! It's nice to hear other peoples opinions on something I enjoy so much. I was on the internet the other day on a kiwi site and for the first time I've ever seen they have mojo's!!!! I already have my eye on a stag. Hehe. I hope the fjord gets sold over here. I would very much like to own it. As for what i'll do about my schleich's.... I'm still not sure. I would like to complete some of my little families.. But there really is some lovely models from other brands.

I'm also going to take a look at the papo models like Suzzane meantioned right now! I have one catalouge from papo from a couple of years ago, but haven't seen the 2012's! Google here I come!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Horse opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse opinions?   Horse opinions? EmptySun May 20, 2012 9:41 am

Good luck! It is very exciting to see what you find cheers

Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

Horse opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse opinions?   Horse opinions? EmptyTue May 22, 2012 4:26 pm

Oh, I've already told about my attitude towards this problem everywhere I could.

I do not like the Schleich horses of the last two or three years. They are too plain and their anatomy is very, very strange at times.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
Katty

Katty

Horse opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse opinions?   Horse opinions? EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 10:37 am

Yeah, I also noticed some of the newer ponies are bigger than their older cousins that schleich has made. I recently got the camargue and icelsntic stallions and they are bigger than the old icelantic and camargue models. Has the breed actually became bigger or are the modelers just changing the sizing??
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

Horse opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse opinions?   Horse opinions? EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 8:25 pm

I haven't bought one Schleich horse this year, and I don't think I will. Usually I buy multiples of each mold to customize, but somehow none of them grab me like the older molds do. Sad
Back to top Go down
JackyLovertjex

JackyLovertjex

Country/State : Belgium

Horse opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse opinions?   Horse opinions? EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 9:06 pm

You are all right! I don't like the new sculptor of the horses.. Their anotomy is just wierd sometimes.. And the legs get thicker and thicker every year, the painting job is less well done, they are getting much more 'plastic-ish' and indeed, they don't have as much charm as the old models have.. and that's just so sad, because the horses are the products they earn the most money for. I really don't get it.. The Icelandic stallion is just ugly, the pinto mare too - the paint is really thick and the model is so BAD in comparision of the stallion, the foal is also bad, it looks the same as the TWH yearling, and I think all the yearlings Schleich made are horrible. Except the Black Forest one.

Did you guys ever noticed the newer horses 'wobble' when you put a little bit of pressure on them? The older horses wont (like the Lipizanner stallion, ..)

*Sorry for the background noise - annoying little brother - and the zooming-in, else my camera didn't focus.*
Back to top Go down
Master_Cat

Country/State : The Moon, sometimes in Europe

Horse opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse opinions?   Horse opinions? EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 10:31 pm

I really like the 2012 Camargue horse :) I have a very few horses that I chose just because I thought the're awesome, and the Camargue horse is probably my favorite one along with the black Mustang!

Here is a picture of him along with his owner cat

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Katty

Katty

Horse opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse opinions?   Horse opinions? EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 8:56 am

JackyLovertjex wrote:
You are all right! I don't like the new sculptor of the horses.. Their anotomy is just wierd sometimes.. And the legs get thicker and thicker every year, the painting job is less well done, they are getting much more 'plastic-ish' and indeed, they don't have as much charm as the old models have.. and that's just so sad, because the horses are the products they earn the most money for. I really don't get it.. The Icelandic stallion is just ugly, the pinto mare too - the paint is really thick and the model is so BAD in comparision of the stallion, the foal is also bad, it looks the same as the TWH yearling, and I think all the yearlings Schleich made are horrible. Except the Black Forest one.

Did you guys ever noticed the newer horses 'wobble' when you put a little bit of pressure on them? The older horses wont (like the Lipizanner stallion, ..)

*Sorry for the background noise - annoying little brother - and the zooming-in, else my camera didn't focus.*

Year my TWH Yearling wobbles heaps too. Darn mould! Yeah my least favourite Schleich horse is the pinto yearling. Mutley little fella. Though, he's still on my shelf.......

To mastercat- Lovely photo!! She looks like she has control over the Camargue! I purchased him recently too. Cute figure!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Horse opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse opinions?   Horse opinions? Empty

Back to top Go down

Horse opinions?
Page 1 of 1