Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Need help with the color:)

Go down 
+3
Silver Unicornis
SUSANNE
Cyhyraeth
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

Need help with the color:) Empty
PostSubject: Need help with the color:)   Need help with the color:) EmptyFri May 25, 2012 10:25 pm

I've just ordered the latest resin from Lynn Fraley, Ruah, and as I have some time before his arrival (he's supposed to come in July or sth like that) I may think about his color.
And that turned out to be a real problem, because I always have some ideas about possible color variations, but this time... Rolling Eyes scratch
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
This is a promo photo, as he's been released less than a month ago and the first copies are only to be shipped. More of his pics can be found on L.Fraley's page [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
On one hand, I like different "wild" colors, like dun, grulla, etc. and of cause pintos and appaloosas, but on the other hand... I have a strong intention to leave him naked make him dominant white with a silky glimpse. I always wanted to have such a horse in my collection, and it seems that that's it now, as I get Ruah. bounce

Well.. Any ideas about the possible color for this great steed? bounce Very Happy
(Ideas with sample photos are most welcome! bounce )

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page

Last edited by Cyhyraeth on Fri May 25, 2012 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Need help with the color:)   Need help with the color:) EmptyFri May 25, 2012 10:36 pm

What an absolutely fantastic model cheers

It would be a great shame to make him a pinto, - he is not that style IMHO scratch

What about Cremello with a golden sheen, like Akhal Tekes Very Happy

PS, the link you sent does not work for me Crying or Very sad

Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Need help with the color:)   Need help with the color:) EmptyFri May 25, 2012 10:40 pm

He makes me think of Akhal Teke... Maybe cremello with metallic shimmer? bounce

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Need help with the color:)   Need help with the color:) EmptyFri May 25, 2012 10:42 pm

Mangalarga wrote:
He makes me think of Akhal Teke... Maybe cremello with metallic shimmer? bounce

EXCACTLY what I thought bounce cheers

Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

PostSubject: Re: Need help with the color:)   Need help with the color:) EmptyFri May 25, 2012 10:49 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
What an absolutely fantastic model cheers

It would be a great shame to make him a pinto, - he is not that style IMHO scratch
I also thought about it, though I believe that sth like this may suit him well
Quote :
What about Cremello with a golden sheen, like Akhal Tekes Very Happy
Creme gene- yes, great idea
Quote :
PS, the link you sent does not work for me Crying or Very sad
And now?

Magda
Nice color, but he's of a different type than akhal-teke. Would it suit him?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Need help with the color:)   Need help with the color:) EmptyFri May 25, 2012 11:57 pm

I can easily imagine him as shimmering cremello, but that's just me. Besides, that photo was just as colour sample Wink
Speaking of creme gene - maybe sooty buckskin?

That particular appaloosa would suit him as well, he could be a great Nez Perce horse then - they are rather lean, and they come in appaloosa patterns cheers

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Need help with the color:)   Need help with the color:) EmptySat May 26, 2012 8:43 pm

Lovely model Daria! Very Happy
I love the idea of sooty buckskin too :) alien

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Need help with the color:)   Need help with the color:) EmptyMon May 28, 2012 3:51 am

I think the creamello metallic look and sooty buckskin would be very unique color choices! But I would have to go with the creamello metallic look its just so beautiful! Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Need help with the color:)   Need help with the color:) EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:49 am

Mangalarga wrote:
I can easily imagine him as shimmering cremello, but that's just me. Besides, that photo was just as colour sample Wink
Speaking of creme gene - maybe sooty buckskin?

That particular appaloosa would suit him as well, he could be a great Nez Perce horse then - they are rather lean, and they come in appaloosa patterns cheers
oo I love this colour!

Daria, he's so beautiful, what an AMAZING sculpture cheers cheers He does look nice just the way he is. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

PostSubject: Re: Need help with the color:)   Need help with the color:) EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 12:03 pm

Magda
Sooty buckskin's also an interesting idea.
As for cremello- well I also thought about it. Or maybe sth like perlino.

Ana
Thanks!
Unfortunately there are no painted copies now (AFAIK) so it's kind of challenge to choose a suitable colour for him:)

animalluvr6
Yes, I have very few horses with creme gene-colour in my collection, and Ruah is such an opportunity.. Rolling Eyes

Harriet
Laughing Your words may come true! If there are too many nice colours for him, I'll have to leave him naked and use my imagination while looking at him.

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
remowshake

remowshake

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Need help with the color:)   Need help with the color:) EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 2:08 pm

In everyday that I come to forum, i stay shock wiht something, today, it's your turn!

The horse have a wonderful and completly diferent position, what make him special!

I hope you paint him with a colour very nice for make it shine more Very Happy

My opinion isn't really wise, so, i see the horse when you finish it, if you post it, of course ! :)

Cyhyraeth

PostSubject: Re: Need help with the color:)   Need help with the color:) EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 9:47 am

remowshake wrote:
In everyday that I come to forum, i stay shock wiht something, today, it's your turn!
Laughing Embarassed I did my best))

Quote :
The horse have a wonderful and completly diferent position, what make him special!
Yes, and that's why I put my eye on him.
To tell the truth, I've been dreaming about Stormwatch by Sarah Mink, but he's extremely HTF now (and far too expensive for me), but this one is also a masterpiece, and has a great pose.

Quote :
I hope you paint him with a colour very nice for make it shine more Very Happy
Yes, that's it! I want him shine :)

Quote :
My opinion isn't really wise, so, i see the horse when you finish it, if you post it, of course ! :)
Of cause I will. But that wouldn't be soon, I'm afraid.
As for your opinion- well, I'm asking everybody here, and I believe that brainstorm is the best way to do the right choice now))

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help with the color:)   Need help with the color:) Empty

Back to top Go down

Need help with the color:)
Page 1 of 1