Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!!

Go down 
+16
Sergey
MartinH
m.davis.15
Numa
ken yeo
baltimore zoo
Gab
lucky luke
Rio
Kikimalou
Kiryuha
Nova
Gabe
aandmkw
HKHollinstone
Wildheart
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!!   PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 6:16 pm

modellpferdeversand has it's first safari 2011 model, the WC Abaco Barb Mare. Hopefully they will have pictures of the WW Okapi soon too and more pictures for 2011 from other brands.
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!!   PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!! - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 3:12 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
Schleichzoo wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Why not a Wildlife wonders okapi ? cheers
Yes that's right! bounce sunny

Sorry I am confused as I always am. You mean thats right as in yes you agree or yes we are getting a wildlife wonders Okapi? If we are then that is fabulous! The Wildlife Wonders range seems to be really good and well sculpted etc! Cant Wait!
Yes Numaan, I mean there is a Wildlife Wonders Okapi coming out in 2011! My wish came true cheers

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers this is fantastic information!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011    PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 8:31 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Here's a link, wow the Okapi is gorgeous! These are posted by Marina. Thank you!

Last edited by HKHollinstone on Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!!   PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 8:48 am

cheers A lot of things are georgous here, the okapi of course, but the Capybara is excellent too, I know some jaguars on my shelves who are milling around and salivating. cat
So much good things, 2011 will be very fine for me cheers Very Happy drunken
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!!   PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 9:19 am

I just remembered Marina is a member here, I hope I haven't stolen her thunder! I was just so excited Shocked
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: baltimore zoo   PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 10:05 am

Thanks for the photos of the 2011 Safari ltd! I like the Indian rhino(just wish they had made it bigger!). disappointed with the Okapi Wildlife Wonders(Other than zebras & giraffes, I'll never ever be a hoof stock(antelopes, sheep, & deer) fan), although it looks extremely nice, as usual rather would have seen a Cheetah, Mountain Lion, Bonobo or an Indian Rhino!
Just wondering how big the capybara is? Also it looks like a lynx is in the same tray?
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!!   PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 10:26 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
Just wondering how big the capybara is? Also it looks like a lynx is in the same tray?
I think it's a Bobcat actually, as that's one of the animals Justin mentioned to me.
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!!   PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 12:50 pm

Thanks so much for posting these. These are EXCELLENT photos! How on earth did you come by them?

The Okapi is absolutely beautiful! Such fantastic detailed paintwork. I was not a fan but I am really loving the Wildlife Wonders range...its seem to pick up from the Vanishing wild range and indeed the models match in scale. The Zebra wildlife wonders is gorgeous and I cant wait to get the Okapi. I do hope they expand and bring out an antelope next year.

The models in the pictures all look perfect, they are painted really well but the sad thing is when the early prototypes are made they look perfect but then when the models are in full scale production the paintwork sometimes drops.....oh well!

I want the Okapi prototype! :-)
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!!   PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 1:49 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
Just wondering how big the capybara is?
That's the crucial question for me too! We know the size of Kudu and Rhinos, but how big are bobcat, badger and capybara? Those are rare animal figurines and I'd be extremely happy if they are not too large in comparison with Schleich N.&S. American critters.

Schleichzoo wrote:
...The models in the pictures all look perfect, they are painted really well but the sad thing is when the early prototypes are made they look perfect but then when the models are in full scale production the paintwork sometimes drops.....
This is the sad truth... But let's hope for good!
Back to top Go down
http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!!   PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 2:49 pm

Thank you so much Harriet!You made my day with the capybara and badger!
The dinosaurs look strange,or is it just me?They are so yellowish!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!!   PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 3:22 pm

First, it's not me you should be thanking for these fantastic pictures, but Marina! She took the pictures and posted them on LG and I just posted a link here. She said she would upload better pictures soon, so we can all see them more detailed, I hope she posts them here!
But they are FABULOUS aren't they!!! I can't wait to get the Okapi! I love the Indian Rhino, although the black around the eyes looks a bit funny, but nothing a bit of paint couldn't touch up. I can't tell if I like the lesser kudu or not, have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!!   PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 3:24 pm

Wildheart wrote:
Thank you so much Harriet!You made my day with the capybara and badger!
The dinosaurs look strange,or is it just me?They are so yellowish!

Don't you ever heard about the terrible yellowsaurs affraid
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!!   PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 3:49 pm

I saw that on facebook too! I do like all the animals except the lion it doesn't impress me with the paint job and somehow some kind of disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!!   PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 4:08 pm

ken yeo wrote:
I saw that on facebook too! I do like all the animals except the lion it doesn't impress me with the paint job and somehow some kind of disappointed.
Same here.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!!   PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 4:15 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
ken yeo wrote:
Same here.

Well, maybe I will have to buy the Papo one finally...
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!!   PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 4:19 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Kiryuha wrote:
ken yeo wrote:
Same here.

Well, maybe I will have to buy the Papo one finally...

We hope that SAFARI hear it! : lol!
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Kudu and Rhino   PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 6:01 pm

The Rhino and Llama are also stunning especially the Indian Rhino - really superb.

The Kudu looks great but one thing which really annoys me about antelopes is that they always turn the heads. The kudu looks great but I dont really like the pose very much. Why do they always make the heads turn in such a way? I wish more models were looking more straight ahead.

Examples include Schleich Ibex, Okapi, Gazelle, Oryx......
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!!   PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!! - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 9:07 am

Kiryuha wrote:
baltimore zoo wrote:
...Just wondering how big the capybara is?
That's the crucial question for me too! We know the size of Kudu and Rhinos, but how big are bobcat, badger and capybara? Those are rare animal figurines and I'd be extremely happy if they are not too large in comparison with Schleich N.&S. American critters.

I guess you will be disapointed again Kirill Crying or Very sad A capybara at the same scale than the Schleich jaguar couldn't exceed 5cm long, which is a little bit small for a model Wink

But, most important, Happy Kiki will have a capybara in 2011 cheers
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!!   PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!! - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 9:15 am

HKHollinstone wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Here's a link, wow the Okapi is gorgeous! These are posted by Marina. Thank you!

Thank,s you and Marina! I have made the copies! Wink

Last edited by Sergey on Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!!   PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!! - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 9:22 am

Another link from Marina [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] a special edition dino Surprised looks like they copied Papo with the movable jaw...
bigger pictures of the models she posted before [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!!   PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!! - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 12:03 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
I guess you will be disapointed again Kirill Crying or Very sad A capybara at the same scale than the Schleich jaguar couldn't exceed 5cm long, which is a little bit small for a model Wink
I guess you're right...
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!!   PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!! - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 12:06 pm

Schleichzoo wrote:
The Rhino and Llama are also stunning especially the Indian Rhino - really superb.
The Kudu looks great but one thing which really annoys me about antelopes is that they always turn the heads. The kudu looks great but I dont really like the pose very much. Why do they always make the heads turn in such a way? I wish more models were looking more straight ahead.......
I've got the same opinion! Hoofed animals look better when looking straight or with head down - grazing.
Moreover, have you noticed the difference in Kudu's painting in the PDF pic and on Marina's photo? In real life the painting seems not too natural.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!!   PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!! - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 12:42 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
Moreover, have you noticed the difference in Kudu's painting in the PDF pic and on Marina's photo? In real life the painting seems not too natural.
Yes I noticed that, a bit disappointing actually.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!!   PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!! - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 5:57 pm

Thank you Marina and Harriet for this great news! cheers
I love the Indian rhino, whatever size it has, and the okapi and some others seem to be good too!
And now i see how famous our great friend Christophe is in the collectors world, as they made a special model from him... Wink geek

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!!   PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!! - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 6:30 pm

First i want to welcome Justin to the forum here, a very warm welcome from the Netherlands! cheers
Thank you for revealing this great and exciting news for us all!
Schleich has to do really their best to catch up with some of these fantastic new models!

The idea of starting on own brand could be possible indeed...
Most of us don't have the resources to start a company of our own, but when we would combine our money and recources together, we could make this happen! cheers
But we need to sit together for this i guess... Rolling Eyes
We could come up with a great brandname, and we would be sure that all models are in the exact same scale to eachother, and we would make all the species that we possibly never would see in any other brands, or known and already made species in nicer positions...
Or is this just a dream to chase after? Laughing
We could make a dream come true here! king
I think and really believe that it would be possible! farao

By the way Harriet, i think it would be great to put this new Safari catalogue in the catalogue-section of this forum too, and i miss the pages 6 and 7... Laughing

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!!   PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

PICTURES of the Safari ltd 2011 releases!!!
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next