Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Marx Miniature Noah's Ark

Go down 
+10
aandmkw
Kristie
Roger
skysthelimit
Ana
SUSANNE
HKHollinstone
scot(t)
xfoxx
Tiermann
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

Marx Miniature Noah's Ark Empty
PostSubject: Marx Miniature Noah's Ark   Marx Miniature Noah's Ark EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 11:23 pm

I finally got one of these last month after searching for some time to find one in good shape and as complete as possible. This one is almost complete missing only one of the wolves and the laying down duck. The paint is different in some sets than others so there are variations out there as well I am sure.
Louis Marx company made this set in Hong Kong in the 1960-1970s(?). It is in roughly HO scale – about 1:87 and made of hard plastic (like Starlux). Some of the animals are copied off larger previous Marx animals, others seem to be new. The sign is there for scale as is Westie who looks very big next to these little animals.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

There is a 2000 pixel wide version of this photo located here.

Other closer views

The monkeys were available on a card at one time as well as in the miniature playsets. All are shown here though the chimpanzee are not part of that set. I’m still trying to figure out what the various species are.

It’s a really fun set and would have been great to play with as a kid. They seem to be relatively common compared to other Marx miniature sets, but it’s hard to get a complete set. Animals are often missing or broken, and because of the small hard plastic they can even arrive broken directly out of a never before opened box. I am watching for other variations to fill out my set but they are not often available at a good price. Some of the animals are better than others but it's a nice set to have and I am very happy with it.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
xfoxx

xfoxx

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Marx Miniature Noah's Ark   Marx Miniature Noah's Ark EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 1:03 am

Congrats!

They're all wonderful! I can't choose a favourite or even TEN favourites drunken

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Marx Miniature Noah's Ark   Marx Miniature Noah's Ark EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 2:52 am

That is just awesome!! Many congratulations Tim! Very happy for you, and the set is amazing.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Marx Miniature Noah's Ark   Marx Miniature Noah's Ark EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 7:34 am

Oh wow, it's beautiful!! How fabulous is this, huge congratulations Tim cheers cheers what a find bounce

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Marx Miniature Noah's Ark   Marx Miniature Noah's Ark EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 8:51 am

HOLY, HOPPING HAMSTER affraid

WOW!!!! What a fantastic, awesome set cheers

I have to study it closer when I have plenty of time drunken study Very Happy

CONGRATULATIONS, Tim cheers flower sunny bounce cheers

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Marx Miniature Noah's Ark   Marx Miniature Noah's Ark EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 11:57 am

Wow, this is cool Cool I like it very much!
Congratulations Tim and thank You very very much for sharing!!! cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Marx Miniature Noah's Ark   Marx Miniature Noah's Ark EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 12:10 pm

I just discovered, - isn`t the "house" the same as the one on the Arc from Schleich Shocked scratch

-except the colour Very Happy

skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Marx Miniature Noah's Ark   Marx Miniature Noah's Ark EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 12:33 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
I just discovered, - isn`t the "house" the same as the one on the Arc from Schleich Shocked scratch

-except the colour Very Happy
... and the windows Wink

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Marx Miniature Noah's Ark   Marx Miniature Noah's Ark EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 12:58 pm

Tim, that's a marvelous find. cheers
Was it all of your collection and something enough fantastic to give you a lot of joy. I like these kind of huge sets/series! geek Very Happy
Important is not how nice look a single figure but how nice is the whole group of figures!
By the way, I'm very glad knowing that unless in USA people believe that crocodiles were also saved by Noah's Ark. At least someone thought that a croc can easily die with a water overdose. drunken drunken Wink

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Marx Miniature Noah's Ark   Marx Miniature Noah's Ark EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 1:23 pm

Gah! I LOVE THAT! :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Marx Miniature Noah's Ark   Marx Miniature Noah's Ark EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 4:19 pm

This Noah's Ark is amazing Tim. Congratulations on such a wonderful find. Thanks so much for sharing the wonderful pictures with us. Awesome.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Marx Miniature Noah's Ark   Marx Miniature Noah's Ark EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 7:44 pm

Phantastic Tim!!! I very like the monkeys, please let me know if you know all species!! cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Marx Miniature Noah's Ark   Marx Miniature Noah's Ark EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:10 pm

Excellent find and great model!!!
Back to top Go down
DaveScriv

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Marx Miniature Noah's Ark   Marx Miniature Noah's Ark EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 8:15 pm

Two of these sets for sale right now on UK eBay. Both 'mint & boxed' by same seller
Both 'Buy it now' sales
The big set eBay Number 37101341152 £59.99 including free postage within UK
The small set eBay Number 371010246153 £39.99 including free postage within UK
(I don't know about postage to other countries)

I thought about buying them for a few days, but have now decided not to, as Marx isn't really a core part of my collection. I'd still like to buy their American Civil War miniature set though - a childhood nostalgia thing - I had a few figures from the set back then.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Marx Miniature Noah's Ark   Marx Miniature Noah's Ark EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 12:45 pm

Great set and some lovely models there!! Applause Applause 
Back to top Go down
Jennypurr

Country/State : Tennessee, USA

PostSubject: Re: Marx Miniature Noah's Ark   Marx Miniature Noah's Ark EmptyThu Aug 02, 2018 6:15 am

Re: Marx Miniature Noah's Ark

I believe I have most of this set, bought many moons ago.  I know the human figures and the Ark are in my collection so it seems likely I have many of the animals as well.  I'll see if I have the lying duck and the wolf; if so, all you'll owe me is for the shipping.

I might be able to help with identifying the species.  I have a lot of reference material! What a Face

Always thought the buffalo in this set looked more like a European Wisent than an American Bison.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Marx Miniature Noah's Ark   Marx Miniature Noah's Ark EmptyThu Aug 02, 2018 9:27 am

Jennypurr wrote:
Re: Marx Miniature Noah's Ark

I believe I have most of this set, bought many moons ago.  I know the human figures and the Ark are in my collection so it seems likely I have many of the animals as well.  I'll see if I have the lying duck and the wolf; if so, all you'll owe me is for the shipping.

I might be able to help with identifying the species.  I have a lot of reference material!   What a Face

Always thought the buffalo in this set looked more like a European Wisent than an American Bison.

That is extremely kind of you Very Happy
Tim isn't very active here anymore...I hope he sees your offer.

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Marx Miniature Noah's Ark   Marx Miniature Noah's Ark EmptyFri Aug 03, 2018 12:15 am

That's really kind from Jenny! I e-mailed Tim, he may be interested and the additional information may be of good use for TAI. Very Happy

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Marx Miniature Noah's Ark   Marx Miniature Noah's Ark EmptyFri Aug 03, 2018 7:36 pm

Thanks Jenny, feel free to send me a message here or at Tai if you like. :)
Tim

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Jennypurr

Country/State : Tennessee, USA

PostSubject: Re: Marx Miniature Noah's Ark    Marx Miniature Noah's Ark EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 8:10 am

Tiermann wrote:
Thanks Jenny, feel free to send me a message here or at Tai if you like. :)
Tim

I'll contact you in some way soon!

BTW, I passed along the site address to TAI to a group of Stuart Toy collectors in hope some of them will send you photos of Stuart toys to add to the listing for Stuarts. study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marx Miniature Noah's Ark   Marx Miniature Noah's Ark Empty

Back to top Go down

Marx Miniature Noah's Ark
Page 1 of 1