Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears?

Go down 
+16
Bowhead Whale
animalluvr6
pookyhorse
Saarlooswolfhound
Silver Unicornis
HKHollinstone
Ana
skysthelimit
baltimore zoo
ken yeo
krista
widukind
xfoxx
SUSANNE
Roger
Numa
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Which ear type do you want in the 2013 model? Cut or Natural?
Natural Ears
CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears? - Page 2 Vote_lcap71%CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 71% [ 24 ]
Cut Ears
CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears? - Page 2 Vote_lcap29%CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 29% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 34

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
krista

krista

Country/State : finland

CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears?   CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 11:11 pm

... My question might be a bit stupid since I know only a little about cropping ears...

But does anyone know if cropping ears affects the dog's ability to communicate with other dogs?
Since tail and ears are very important features in dog-to-dog communication, so I guess that if parts of them are cut off, it would have some effect....

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears?   CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 11:31 pm

kristaru wrote:
... My question might be a bit stupid since I know only a little about cropping ears...

But does anyone know if cropping ears affects the dog's ability to communicate with other dogs?
Since tail and ears are very important features in dog-to-dog communication, so I guess that if parts of them are cut off, it would have some effect....

VERY good and important question !!!!
Ears right up is a sign of dominance/ sure of himself, - and "no ears" ( laid back) is aggression Rolling Eyes

I am not sure about the tail...yes, perhaps, - tail op is dominance/sure of himself, but the tail is horisontal ( invisible from the front) when the dog is very aggressive.

The expression in the face also plays a major role... scratch

krista

krista

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears?   CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 11:37 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
kristaru wrote:

VERY good and important question !!!!
Ears right up is a sign of dominance/ sure of himself, - and "no ears" ( laid back) is aggression :roll:

I am not sure about the tail...yes, perhaps, - tail op is dominance/sure of himself, but the tail is horisontal ( invisible from the front) when the dog is very aggressive.

The expression in the face also plays a major role... :scratch:

And the tail between legs means submission... But if a dog doesn't have tail anymore, can it be misunderstood more easily among the other dogs??

Also.... Can the dogs with cropped ears move their ears as easily/freely as the ones with not cropped ears?

skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears?   CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 11:56 pm

kristaru wrote:

Also.... Can the dogs with cropped ears move their ears as easily/freely as the ones with not cropped ears?
Yes they can, muscles on the head move the ears. They move them according to their mood, cropped or not...

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears?   CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 4:30 am

I think natural ears are the best here. Rose ears in my opinion are the cutest. They just give a dog a very appealing and endearing look to them.
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
krista

krista

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears?   CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 7:27 am

skysthelimit wrote:
kristaru wrote:

Yes they can, muscles on the head move the ears. They move them according to their mood, cropped or not...

Okay, that's relieving. Thanks for informing me!

baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 8:26 am

Wild canids(Wolves, coyotes, jackals, African wIld dogs, maned wolves, foxes etc.) all have ears that are for the most part standing up, with the ability to lower/fold them depending on their mood, just like dogs with cropped ears can. I feel it should be up to the owner, and makes the decision and wants to crop or not crop their dog, but I sure don't want the government telling me I can't! There are far more important issues for the government to worry about than cropping dogs ears.
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears?   CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 8:41 am

kristaru wrote:
Thanks for informing me!
No problem, muscles in the base of the ears control movements...

krista

krista

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears?   CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 10:48 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
kristaru wrote:
Thanks for informing me!

Yeah, I actually was aware of that... but I was worried if the ears are ... like .. sewn to point up by a surgery and because of that they wouldn't move as freely. But as I said, I know nothing about the cropping process...

Quote :
Wild canids(Wolves, coyotes, jackals, African wIld dogs, maned wolves, foxes etc.) all have ears that are for the most part standing up, with the ability to lower/fold them depending on their mood, just like dogs with cropped ears can. I feel it should be up to the owner, and makes the decision and wants to crop or not crop their dog, but I sure don't want the government telling me I can't! There are far more important issues for the government to worry about than cropping dogs ears.

With the exeption that the others' ears are standing up naturally and the others' aren't...

I don't wan't to argue with anyone, but I think it's a bit absurd that first we breed animals to have drop ears and then we want to make the ears stand up again... Considering that there already are multiple dog breeds with naturally pointed ears : /

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears?   CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 11:13 pm

kristaru wrote:

With the exeption that the others' ears are standing up naturally and the others' aren't...

I don't wan't to argue with anyone, but I think it's a bit absurd that first we breed animals to have drop ears and then we want to make the ears stand up again... Considering that there already are multiple dog breeds with naturally pointed ears : /

That is as spoken out of my heart Wink

No, no, I understand you, I do not like to argue either, but it is ok to say what you mean, - and we are still all friends drunken

pookyhorse

Country/State : Virgina/US

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears?   CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 11:52 pm

kristaru wrote:
skysthelimit wrote:
kristaru wrote:
Thanks for informing me!

Yeah, I actually was aware of that... but I was worried if the ears are ... like .. sewn to point up by a surgery and because of that they wouldn't move as freely. But as I said, I know nothing about the cropping process...

Quote :

From some documentaries on dogs and domestication that I've watched I have heard that the dropped ears occured when we domesticated them.. The people breeding for tame foxes have had the same thing happening to their foxes, their ears started to drop and they became more puppy-like..like our dogs.
As for the vote I'd like to see Rose ears.. Though either way it doesn't bother me.
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears?   CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 11:32 am

Thanks for your votes and comments everyone. Really good to see so many points and comments being made. I am not into dogs at all but I have learned some new things through this.

CollectA have listened and will progress with natural ears for 2013!

Thanks again. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears?   CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 12:39 pm

YESSSSSS bounce bounce cheers

Hurrayy for CollectA cheers flower

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears?   CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 12:46 pm

Yippie!!!!!!!!! cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears?   CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 2:45 pm

Numaan wrote:

Yes, brands with natural ears, that listen to collectors, can progress much more than brands with cropped ears! cheers
So I'm glad that CollectA will progress with natural ears. Very Happy Wink

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears?   CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 2:54 pm

Roger wrote:
Numaan wrote:

Yes, brands with natural ears, that listen to collectors, can progress much more than brands with cropped ears! cheers
Yes, I can't wait for sale results in the US scratch

krista

krista

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears?   CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 7:34 pm

pookyhorse wrote:
kristaru wrote:
skysthelimit wrote:
kristaru wrote:
Thanks for informing me!

Quote :

From some documentaries on dogs and domestication that I've watched I have heard that the dropped ears occured when we domesticated them.. The people breeding for tame foxes have had the same thing happening to their foxes, their ears started to drop and they became more puppy-like..like our dogs.

I've actually watched those documentaries too! I think that genetics is really interesting subject!

And I was sooooooooooo obsessed with having a tame fox those days, haha :D

Also, great to hear that CollectA went for natural ears!

baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 9:15 am

Wow, dog figures with uncropped natural ears, antelope/sheep/goat/deer(Hoofstock) figures, figures not made in "relative proportion" to each other, wow, figure collecting just isn't as fun anymore!
Hey CollectA, why won't you make two versions (cropped and uncropped)?
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears?   CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 9:57 am

One red/white, one black/white, one with rose-ears, the other with cropped. Almost same mold, difference only in ears cheers cheers cheers

animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears?   CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 3:55 pm

Personally I think uncropped ears give the dog a very cute appearence! Thank you Collecta for listening to the consumers! Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears?   CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 3:59 pm

Cuteness can be very dangerous, look at recent Schleich's.

Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears?   CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 11:06 pm

NATURAL! There is no point in mutilating pets for the stupid sake of fashion.
Back to top Go down
stitch

stitch

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears?   CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 8:19 am

Natural ! Nothing else
Back to top Go down
http://figurenfundgrube.de
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears?   CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 8:28 am

OK, now some of us can say cropped, exclusively. It's done, we voted...

baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 8:32 am

With some customizing...I will "crop" my natural ear figure to my liking ... So now it doesn't matter how the figure is made.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears?   CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA 2013 - American Staffordshire Terrier: Do you want cut ears or natural ears?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next