Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Species identification topic

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

Species identification topic - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 1:02 pm

Thanks, Roger and Bryan Very Happy

------

Can someone help me identify some sharks?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I know the one with the stripes is a tiger shark. The two strange coloured sharks on the right are probably neon/glow in the dark. One of the blue-ish/grey sharks is probably a great white shark, but what are the other two?

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 10:20 pm

Uhhh scratch Suspect

There is a blue shark and a green shark and.... scratch
Sorry Embarassed Embarassed Laughing
I think that they are just "Sharks" Wink

sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 11:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Uhhh scratch Suspect

Sorry Embarassed Embarassed  Laughing

Agreed, it's just a single model with several colours--probably based on a typical 'lamnid' body shape, but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 12:14 pm

Uhhh scratch Suspect

Sorry Embarassed Embarassed  Laughing

Agreed, it's just a single model with several colours--probably based on a typical 'lamnid' body shape, but that's about it.

Okay, thanks anyway, Susanne and sbell Wink

Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 3:58 pm

Here I have a sloth from the Wild Republic 53529 Rainforest Polybag. It's marked Bradypodidae, so I know it's a three-toed sloth. But I'm not sure about which species scratch

If you look to the colour of it's face/throat, I would say maned sloth, but I'm not sure. Can someone help me?

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 4:15 pm

I don't think that the figure intends to represent a species, though, i think it goes nicely for a brown-throated sloth. :)

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 4:17 pm

I don't think that the figure intends to represent a species, though, i think it goes nicely for a brown-throated sloth. :)

Okay, thanks Roger Smile

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 1:23 pm

Who can help with this bird? I have no idea

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 5:03 pm

scratch Hoatzin?

sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 5:08 pm

It looks like a pheasant-type tail, but nothing else looks pheasant-like

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 8:50 am

Many thanks,

i dont think it is a hoatzin scratch scratch

jarda

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 5:25 pm

I think it should be pheasant...
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 7:23 pm

More pics maybe? Wink

Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 7:48 pm

scratch  Hoatzin?
No, hoatzin has different tail: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 9:03 am

Many thanks, more pics soon :)

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 7:16 pm

More pics maybe? Wink

Here :)

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 8:39 pm

Pheasant XD

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 8:43 pm

Thanks , it could be possible :)

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 10:21 pm

Looks like a pheasant indeed, but I can't help you any further, Andreas!

------------

Can someone tell me what species the owl is from the Learning Resources Jumbo Forest Animals set?

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 10:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], considering it is a North American woodland, it is much probably a Virginia owl. study
So we have a moose, an American black bear, red fox, American beaver and great horned owl that is the same. What do you think?

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 10:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], considering it is a North American woodland, it is much probably a Virginia owl. study
So we have a moose, an American black bear, red fox, American beaver and great horned owl that is the same. What do you think?

Sounds perfectly fine to me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 12:43 pm

Can someone help me out with the species of this seal from the Learning Resources Jumbo Ocean Animals set?

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 1:02 pm

It could be a monkseal :)- but the colour is more for a sea lion :)

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 1:33 pm

It is probably not based in any specific seal as it happens with several brands. I don't have any objection of considering it a monk seal but I won't have either with other species. I think you can list it just as a seal, unless anyone find for sure its species. :)

Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 1:35 pm

It could be a monkseal :)- but the colour is more for a sea lion :)

It is probably not based in any specific seal  as it happens with several brands. I don't have any objection of considering it a monk seal but I won't have either with other species. I think you can list it just as a seal, unless anyone find for sure its species. :)

Thanks, Andreas and Roger!

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 6:18 am

K&M named it an Aruba Island Rattlesnake but it looks more like a Pygmy Rattlesnake. scratch confused  Someone can help? Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 8:38 am

It certainly does !!! Both colour, thickness and head size compared to body scratch

A beautyful, little snake Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 11:42 am

In my opinion it works nicely as an Aruba rattlesnake. Color is very variable in both rattlesnakes, mainly in pygmy rattlesnakes. However, to be a pygmy, surely they needed to make more contrasting markings, I guess.
Also, I think the rattle is too big for a pygmy rattlesnake.
Considering also the tube that it belongs is dedicated to endangered species, and Arubas are critically endangered while pygmy rattlers are least concern, I think Aruba is the best match. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 8:57 pm

I agree with you Roger but I can't find any blue Aruba rattlesnake. The mark on the head is also strange. nevertheless we could say it is an odd tan colored Auba rattlesnake Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 9:11 pm

I agree with you Roger but I can't find any blue Aruba rattlesnake. The mark on the head is also strange. nevertheless we could say it is an odd tan colored Auba rattlesnake Laughing

Laughing Yes, they're usually brown with pink, blue or brown diamond shaped markings. Rattlesnakes are always a problem, another species, the rock rattlesnake, is also known as green rattlesnake, white rattlesnake, pink rattlesnake and blue rattlesnake... can you guess its color? Laughing

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 9:29 pm

So let's go for Aruba island rattlesnake Wink

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 9:08 am

So let's go for Aruba island rattlesnake Wink

Lets go to find one for me Wink

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 9:17 am

Laughing Good luck Wink

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 5:29 pm

Thank you :)

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 1:14 pm

Have anybody a idea what it could be? It has a face like a raccoon but not the body :)

And i also dont know the brand.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 1:19 pm

Suspect cyclops It is a blur animal near a Lego Laughing

Better pic please bounce

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 1:26 pm

Suspect  cyclops It is a blur animal near a Lego Laughing

Better pic please bounce

Oh sorry, here

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 2:48 pm

Could it be a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ? scratch
No matter what, it looks very cute Wink

sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 4:46 pm

I'm thinking it is some sort of civet-like animal, although it's not very specific.

Probably Civetticus civetta, the African palm civet, but with a less-than-perfect paint job.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 6:43 pm

Many thanks friends

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 6:44 pm

I'm thinking it is some sort of civet-like animal, although it's not very specific.

Probably Civetticus civetta, the African palm civet, but with a less-than-perfect paint job.

for the body yes, but the face ?

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 8:28 pm

for the body yes, but the face ?

Imeant African civet. And while it is too flat, the mask and markings are at least kind of close.

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 10:45 pm

Would agree seems to be an African Civet with a bad paint job! Smile

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 10:53 pm

Yes, you are probably right Very Happy

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 10:55 pm

The same for me Suspect

sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 3:43 am

Next question--where does someone obtain such a creature? There aren't nearly enough viverrids & co!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 9:19 am

Many thanks for the ideas :)

Noahsark

Country/State : Minnesota, United States

PostSubject: Safari ltd zebra: What species?   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 5:10 am

I just received the Safari ltd zebra but I don't know what specific species it is. Can anyone help me out?
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 5:18 am

Which zebra did you get? Very Happy The VW ones are Mountain zebras, the others are Plains.

Noahsark

Noahsark

Country/State : Minnesota, United States

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 5:32 am

Is it a grant's, chapman's, burchell's, crawshay's, or sellous plains zebra?

LOGAN                      [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Species identification topic   Species identification topic - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Species identification topic
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next