Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Indian remodel in the new building continued...

Go down 
+21
baltimore zoo
Saarlooswolfhound
jesman00
ken yeo
JonasV
MartinH
pipi6
kudu11
Schleichfreund
LukaLeon085
Sergey
lionlover
Roger
Elros Alvar
scot(t)
Ana
HKHollinstone
Kikimalou
widukind
SUSANNE
Philter4
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

Indian remodel in the new building continued... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indian remodel in the new building continued...   Indian remodel in the new building continued... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 5:08 pm

I love the ivy! It's looking fantastic, the rocks are so realistic.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Indian remodel in the new building continued...   Indian remodel in the new building continued... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 5:59 pm

Wonderful king cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lionlover

lionlover

Country/State : Mississippi,U.S.A.

PostSubject: Indian remodel in the new building continued...   Indian remodel in the new building continued... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 8:21 pm

Omg,I loved it!!!!!
If only I had the right stuff to build something like this masterpiece.I've always wanted to do something like this for years but I never could.
You have inspired me to make my own little diorama.

Last edited by lionlover on Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.moon-clan.forumotion.com
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Indian remodel in the new building continued...   Indian remodel in the new building continued... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 8:27 pm

Amazing, Shocked how you are being affraid
It is very realistic Very Happy
Congrtas cheers cheers
I really want to SEE THE FINISHED DIORAMA bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Indian remodel in the new building continued...   Indian remodel in the new building continued... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:10 pm

Álvaro/schleich wrote:
Amazing, Shocked how you are being affraid
It is very realistic Very Happy
Congrtas cheers cheers
I really want to SEE THE FINISHED DIORAMA bounce bounce bounce bounce

I hope we will see more pics before Wink
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Indian remodel in the new building continued...   Indian remodel in the new building continued... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:50 pm

...You are the real artist Phill!!! bounce bounce bounce bounce cheers

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Indian remodel in the new building continued...   Indian remodel in the new building continued... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 10:24 pm

__________A little world where the animals can live in peace !____________ drunken [b]
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Indian remodel in the new building continued...   Indian remodel in the new building continued... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 10:43 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

I hope we will see more pics before Wink
While I have been busy with several other projects (which are not all animal figure related) I have managed to do a little more work on the diorama and Kiki, you asked for more photos so here you go...

My idea is a slow moving stream at the end of the dry season where the water level is the lowest and the stream is just about still with the low water. Coming into the stream on the right is a feeder creek that has gone dry except for a few small, deep spots that are still supporting some algae and duck weed filled holes of water.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

luka075 wrote:
__________A little world where the animals can live in peace !____________ drunken [b]
"Peace" might be a little wishful as I have several ideas that involve predatory figures hunting some of my hoofed figures! As in nature, everyone has to eat.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Indian remodel in the new building continued...   Indian remodel in the new building continued... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 10:46 pm

Great work Phil cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

PostSubject: Re: Indian remodel in the new building continued...   Indian remodel in the new building continued... - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 1:58 am

I also added the first layer of water and algae to the stream, basically this is a layer of sealer, when I start adding the bulk of the water I can't have it leaking all over the model and floor of the new space so I put a thin layer of Magic Water down first and this will seal any leaks and cracks so when the rest of the water goes I have a barrier to help keep it in place while it hardens. Here are a couple of photos, the algae and other aquatic plants will be 3 dimensional so I have to add it as I pour each layer of water, otherwise it will just sink to the bottom and look like it is just growing along the rocks, I want algae and plants that are growing up into the stream so each layer of water will have it's own layer of plants as well.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Indian remodel in the new building continued...   Indian remodel in the new building continued... - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 8:35 am

Great pics and great work Phil Cool

I didn't know it is so tricky to make a river with algae king

I hope we will see more pics soon, especially a pic of the whole scene Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

PostSubject: Re: Indian remodel in the new building continued...   Indian remodel in the new building continued... - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 7:56 am

I have been really busy with so many different things I can't list them all! One thing I can tell you all about is the Indian dio, I started to plant the main stream with reeds, lotus plants and algae. I have also poured about half of the water. Here are some photos.

First are a few of the stream and plants.

I have finally put my lotus plant to go.

I also added some seepage to the rock face. The water has saturated the ground and gravity is doing it's thing, allowing the water to seep through the rocks and back into the stream.

Hope you like them.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Indian remodel in the new building continued...   Indian remodel in the new building continued... - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 8:39 am

Wonderful!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Schleichfreund

Schleichfreund

PostSubject: Indian remodel in the new building continued...   Indian remodel in the new building continued... - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 10:27 am

Super,Super Super :)

lg Mike
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

PostSubject: Re: Indian remodel in the new building continued...   Indian remodel in the new building continued... - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 5:13 pm

Thank you all for your kind words and support on this, it is very time consuming and at times frustrating. I have just noticed that with the flash and magnification of the pictures all of the little errors and missed paint spots! When you are standing there you do not see things like the crack and unpainted undercuts like in the seepage/lotus photo here...

At least it let's me know where I have kto go over the landscaping.

I have also done a few smaller bird species for the model, here is a pair of whitebellied treepies.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Indian remodel in the new building continued...   Indian remodel in the new building continued... - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 1:13 am

Yes, Phil! Good cameras are cruel! But I belieeve nobody is paying atention to the little cracks or so! Everything is so magnificent, detailed and with a supreme talent, knowledge and good taste that we can only have very good feelings watching and following your projects! Again... thanks for sharing with us! Very Happy cheers

Elros Alvar

PostSubject: Re: Indian remodel in the new building continued...   Indian remodel in the new building continued... - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 1:19 am

WOW, CONGRATS Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers affraid
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Indian remodel in the new building continued...   Indian remodel in the new building continued... - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 8:46 am

The detail you put in is awesome Phil and I love the lotus plants, it's all so wonderful!

Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

PostSubject: Re: Indian remodel in the new building continued...   Indian remodel in the new building continued... - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 2:07 pm

While my life has not gotten less busy or hectic I relax and unwind myself by working on my dioramas so I have actually done a lot in the last week or two. I painted the back board, planted the back side of the stream, and added all of the ground cover that will be open, the bulk of the base will be forested which means dirt and dead fall, not grasses and live plants.

Here are some photos of the progress...

I also have started the back wall's detail, it was almost dark when I finished yesterday so I will try to get some photos today and
show the rockface I have added.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Indian remodel in the new building continued...   Indian remodel in the new building continued... - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 2:13 pm

And again Phil

Very very wonderful!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

PostSubject: Re: Indian remodel in the new building continued...   Indian remodel in the new building continued... - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 2:34 pm

Wow,Congrats again cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Indian remodel in the new building continued...   Indian remodel in the new building continued... - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 6:33 pm

Oh Phil, it looks so beautiful, a little paradise!

Back to top Go down
kudu11

kudu11

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Indian remodel in the new building continued...   Indian remodel in the new building continued... - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 7:53 pm

It is amazing cheers I can't wait to see animals in it
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

PostSubject: Re: Indian remodel in the new building continued...   Indian remodel in the new building continued... - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 11:30 pm

I mentioned above that I had started the background, here are a few photos of what I am making. Right now there is very little detail, the rockface is done but the top is just a flat surface. I intend to hide most of this behind the forested area but I was very concerned with any part of the background that could be seen. Also Harriet made a female sloth bear and cub and I was thinking of her when I made the caves in the center of the piece, I also had the thought to put her there so I made a flatter area in front for her to sit with her cub.

Here are a few photos...

I still have a lot to go, I have just started planting the rockface and hillside. I have several more species that will be growing in the dirt on the hillside, and at least 3 more large trees in front along with all of the smaller trees that will be growing on the forested area. I will also use all of the flatter areas of the hill to plant some really neat display trees that I have done as single specimens.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Indian remodel in the new building continued...   Indian remodel in the new building continued... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 7:04 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Indian remodel in the new building continued...   Indian remodel in the new building continued... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Indian remodel in the new building continued...
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next