Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Asking your help to solve Photobucket problem
You want to help STS to have a new Banner for 2018 ? You can do it HERE

Share | 
 

 The 2012 MOJO FUN Nile crocodile walkaround by Kikimalou

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
skysthelimit

avatar

Country/State : Serbia
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-01
Posts : 4078

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 MOJO FUN Nile crocodile walkaround by Kikimalou   Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:44 pm

Congrats Chris and Luc, excellent photos cheers

_________________
Robert
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 53
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15017

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 MOJO FUN Nile crocodile walkaround by Kikimalou   Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:50 pm

congratulation Jean-luc Very Happy

_________________
Christophe
My topics on STS
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

avatar

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis
Age : 55
Joined : 2010-07-17
Posts : 3695

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 MOJO FUN Nile crocodile walkaround by Kikimalou   Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:29 pm

Robert thank you and Christophe! cheers
It is really great; sunny Cool
Moreover it fits more in my collection that Papo Embarassed
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

avatar

Country/State : USA
Age : 49
Joined : 2012-03-03
Posts : 3000

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 MOJO FUN Nile crocodile walkaround by Kikimalou   Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:46 pm

Really lovely picture Luc!

B-zoo: I didn't even know there was a CollectA crocodile. I'm going to look into that.
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo



Joined : 2010-06-30
Posts : 1650

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:20 am

You can check it out on TGF toy website. It's CollectA Nile Croc Item #: 88213.
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

avatar

Country/State : USA
Age : 49
Joined : 2012-03-03
Posts : 3000

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 MOJO FUN Nile crocodile walkaround by Kikimalou   Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:31 pm

@baltimore zoo wrote:
You can check it out on TGF toy website. It's CollectA Nile Croc Item #: 88213.

thanks! I'm not sure what I think of it. Some of my favorite figures are CollectA, but this looks like it might not be one of their best. It's hard to tell from the picture though; I can see why you suggested that a walkaround would be helpful. I'd also like to see better pictures of this figure.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 53
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15017

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 MOJO FUN Nile crocodile walkaround by Kikimalou   Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:01 pm

@scot(t) wrote:
@baltimore zoo wrote:
You can check it out on TGF toy website. It's CollectA Nile Croc Item #: 88213.

thanks! I'm not sure what I think of it. Some of my favorite figures are CollectA, but this looks like it might not be one of their best. It's hard to tell from the picture though; I can see why you suggested that a walkaround would be helpful. I'd also like to see better pictures of this figure.


I know a shop where I can buy one... Never did it Wink

_________________
Christophe
My topics on STS
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo



Joined : 2010-06-30
Posts : 1650

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:36 pm

I noticed that Lucky Luke has the CollectA croc in his crocodilian shelf.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 22085

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 MOJO FUN Nile crocodile walkaround by Kikimalou   Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:05 am

@baltimore zoo wrote:
Have nothing against Mojo croc. As a matter of fact, I definitely think Mojo has improved greatly from their first year! I actually really like their White rhino, nice figure(Will like to see the walk around of it).
It's just since there were pics of both Papo and the Mojo croc together, it gave everyone a chance to see them both. So as I said, nothing against, Mojo croc, or your niece's croc, just enjoy them!
I also like Safari's Incredible Creatures croc very much!

B-Zoo! I also love Papo crocodile and if I forget that it is too large, have many seams, unreal pose and poor painting, everything is fine. It has a fantastic head, dramatic expression, good texture in visible parts, great proportions and a dramatic looking. Wink Actually the large size is not a problem for me not even the brand.
I also think the Safari looks great although it is not a Nile crocodile but a salthwater crocodile.



@Kikimalou wrote:

By the way again Balti, I love reading Roger calling you B-zoo because it sounds like Bisou in French, which means "little kiss" Laughing I love you drunken

Laughing pale K, actually I was calling Bzoo before but because of the French language I decided to change it to B-Zoo. Sounds much better now! Very Happy drunken

_________________
~ Rogério Crocodile MY collection of FOXES! Foxes I'm searching! bounce
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 22085

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 MOJO FUN Nile crocodile walkaround by Kikimalou   Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:07 am

@lucky luke wrote:
this is it is at home! bounce
It is this pride Mojo crocodile! cheers sunny sunny drunken


Congratulations Jean-Luc! Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério Crocodile MY collection of FOXES! Foxes I'm searching! bounce
Back to top Go down
Master_Cat



Country/State : The Moon, sometimes in Europe
Age : 27
Joined : 2012-05-22
Posts : 124

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 MOJO FUN Nile crocodile walkaround by Kikimalou   Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:47 am

Congratulations :)
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo



Joined : 2010-06-30
Posts : 1650

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:39 am

The cool thing about the Incredible Creature croc is that it fits in nicely with the WIldlife Wonders collection : )
Back to top Go down
SeanieP

avatar

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US
Age : 51
Joined : 2011-01-30
Posts : 1131

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 MOJO FUN Nile crocodile walkaround by Kikimalou   Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:00 pm

Got the Papo one yesterday and have the Mojo one on order...thanks for pics.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 53
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15017

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 MOJO FUN Nile crocodile walkaround by Kikimalou   Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:08 pm

@SeanieP wrote:
Got the Papo one yesterday and have the Mojo one on order...thanks for pics.

My pleasure Shawn Wink

_________________
Christophe
My topics on STS
Back to top Go down
PeGe

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 37
Joined : 2011-05-29
Posts : 1533

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 MOJO FUN Nile crocodile walkaround by Kikimalou   Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:16 pm

today, i had one in my hands at a local shop.My disappointment goes on.
the sculpt may be nice but the head looks crooked, ther#s too much green and the teeth are nothing but cones covered with a thick layer of white paint.
the same problem actually with the Colorata C.porosus, although there's at least a variation of the cone size,....
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo



Joined : 2010-06-30
Posts : 1650

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:22 pm

Again, I really like the figure position, but after looking at the walk around pics again, is the upper snout just slightly a bit too curved? I say slightly, because from some angles it appears that way.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 22085

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 MOJO FUN Nile crocodile walkaround by Kikimalou   Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:59 pm

@PeGe wrote:
today, i had one in my hands at a local shop.My disappointment goes on.
the sculpt may be nice but the head looks crooked, ther#s too much green and the teeth are nothing but cones covered with a thick layer of white paint.
the same problem actually with the Colorata C.porosus, although there's at least a variation of the cone size,....

Philipp, I also don't like teeth of Mojo crocodile, always told it here and Mojo knows it too. It is hard to intend to make a very realistic croc with this kind of teeth but we know the reasons for it. About the teeth color I also don't like but green color is common in Nile crocodiles, there is some color variation color among the several subspecies of Nile crocodile, we are used with those from Mara river eating gnus that are not green at all but you find often olive green crocodiles in other regions of Africa and I know that you know it. I understand your thought, Komodos are not green but brands love to give green coloring to all reptiles. geek
Which other crocodile do you recomend me considering these range of figures? scratch alien

_________________
~ Rogério Crocodile MY collection of FOXES! Foxes I'm searching! bounce
Back to top Go down
PeGe

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 37
Joined : 2011-05-29
Posts : 1533

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 MOJO FUN Nile crocodile walkaround by Kikimalou   Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:59 pm

@Roger wrote:
@PeGe wrote:
today, i had one in my hands at a local shop.My disappointment goes on.
the sculpt may be nice but the head looks crooked, ther#s too much green and the teeth are nothing but cones covered with a thick layer of white paint.
the same problem actually with the Colorata C.porosus, although there's at least a variation of the cone size,....

Philipp, I also don't like teeth of Mojo crocodile, always told it here and Mojo knows it too. It is hard to intend to make a very realistic croc with this kind of teeth but we know the reasons for it. About the teeth color I also don't like but green color is common in Nile crocodiles, there is some color variation color among the several subspecies of Nile crocodile, we are used with those from Mara river eating gnus that are not green at all but you find often olive green crocodiles in other regions of Africa and I know that you know it. I understand your thought, Komodos are not green but brands love to give green coloring to all reptiles. geek
Which other crocodile do you recomend me considering these range of figures? scratch alien
hey roger,
i have to disagree. Beige,grey,brown and some greenish greybeige are the most frequent parts of the colouration in my eyes, at least of all Nile Crocodiles (neither with subspecies id or not) i saw in various zoos and vivaria.
Some green also comes from algae.
For nile crocodile, i have to recommend the Papo adult which is sure best, also Lineol, i also like my Colorata saltie and the Nayab Croc, whether C.cataphractus or not.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 53
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15017

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 MOJO FUN Nile crocodile walkaround by Kikimalou   Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:43 pm

I agree the MOJÖ FUN Nile croc is not perfect and PAPO is still the king... Nevertheless, even with cone teeth, upper snout too much curved, too dark green scales it is a very fine second... Which one else ?

_________________
Christophe
My topics on STS
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 22085

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 MOJO FUN Nile crocodile walkaround by Kikimalou   Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:54 pm

@PeGe wrote:
@Roger wrote:
@PeGe wrote:
today, i had one in my hands at a local shop.My disappointment goes on.
the sculpt may be nice but the head looks crooked, ther#s too much green and the teeth are nothing but cones covered with a thick layer of white paint.
the same problem actually with the Colorata C.porosus, although there's at least a variation of the cone size,....

Philipp, I also don't like teeth of Mojo crocodile, always told it here and Mojo knows it too. It is hard to intend to make a very realistic croc with this kind of teeth but we know the reasons for it. About the teeth color I also don't like but green color is common in Nile crocodiles, there is some color variation color among the several subspecies of Nile crocodile, we are used with those from Mara river eating gnus that are not green at all but you find often olive green crocodiles in other regions of Africa and I know that you know it. I understand your thought, Komodos are not green but brands love to give green coloring to all reptiles. geek
Which other crocodile do you recomend me considering these range of figures? scratch alien
hey roger,
i have to disagree. Beige,grey,brown and some greenish greybeige are the most frequent parts of the colouration in my eyes, at least of all Nile Crocodiles (neither with subspecies id or not) i saw in various zoos and vivaria.
Some green also comes from algae.
For nile crocodile, i have to recommend the Papo adult which is sure best, also Lineol, i also like my Colorata saltie and the Nayab Croc, whether C.cataphractus or not.

Thanks for your reply, but none of them belong to the same kind. Papo croc is twice the price, Lineol is a vintage and Nayab a low price figure. Anyway what to say about the broken neck of the Papo croc? Poor coloring? Lack of dark markings? bisible Seans? Poorly textured bottom? Shapeless ventral part? Expensive? Rubbery plastic? Doesn't you agree with it too? Suspect I know it very well, I had it several times in my hands but never bought.
Surely Papo croc has lot of good things too, better teeth and upper jaw and a spectacular fantasied pose. But Mojo has also a lot of good things, in my opinion better in all other points.
I don't know the others but you are right, the Nayab is not identifiable and those are surely not the proportions of a grown up crocodile, teeth doesn't look bad once it is with mouth closed but a not identifiable figure is never good for me.
In the same price range of Mojo you have the Schleich unknown crocodile, Wild Safari unknown crocodile, CollectA Nile crocodile and you agree that all of them are not as nicely done. Anyway it is nice when there are some different opinions and I enjoy reading yours. Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério Crocodile MY collection of FOXES! Foxes I'm searching! bounce
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 53
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15017

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 MOJO FUN Nile crocodile walkaround by Kikimalou   Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:28 pm

@Roger wrote:
Thanks for your reply, but none of them belong to the same kind. Papo croc is twice the price, Lineol is a vintage and Nayab a low price figure. Anyway what to say about the broken neck of the Papo croc? Poor coloring? Lack of dark markings? bisible Seans? Poorly textured bottom? Shapeless ventral part? Expensive? Rubbery plastic? Doesn't you agree with it too? Suspect I know it very well, I had it several times in my hands but never bought.
Surely Papo croc has lot of good things too, better teeth and upper jaw and a spectacular fantasied pose. But Mojo has also a lot of good things, in my opinion better in all other points.
I don't know the others but you are right, the Nayab is not identifiable and those are surely not the proportions of a grown up crocodile, teeth doesn't look bad once it is with mouth closed but a not identifiable figure is never good for me.
In the same price range of Mojo you have the Schleich unknown crocodile, Wild Safari unknown crocodile, CollectA Nile crocodile and you agree that all of them are not as nicely done. Anyway it is nice when there are some different opinions and I enjoy reading yours. Very Happy

Well Roger, I can agree about a lot of things and maybe all what you are saying.

But I need again to give my two cents Wink

LINEOL... The Nile croc is not their best model far from this. No

NAYAB is a very pleasant model, especially when you think it is a NAYAB, IMHO it is a very fine Slender-snouted crocodile and at least as identifiable as the PAPO or MOJÖ FUN... And more identifiable than the SCHLEICHs. Laughing

SAFARI Ltd, it's true their Nile croc is a bit cheap, especially for the paintings. But SAFARI Ltd also made an impressive Saltwater croc and a real unknow gem : The Mississipi alligator Cool

PAPO... You are right... Except that the PAPO croc was the first decent Nile croc produced, this model was a big step upward and that's why it is the standart now. MOJÖ FUN is an excellent croc with some qualities that the PAPO doesn't have but it is not a big step upward. It is a model which reached the PAPO level and it is already a great compliment.

I guess it is the same with the PAPO lions and tigers, they are the new frontier and every model has to be compared with... Until the next giant step Very Happy

_________________
Christophe
My topics on STS
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

avatar

Country/State : USA
Age : 49
Joined : 2012-03-03
Posts : 3000

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 MOJO FUN Nile crocodile walkaround by Kikimalou   Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:00 am

I have to say, I was surprised by the Safari Crocodile (the Wild Life collection, not the larger saltwater). It is definitely not an accurate representation of the species, but when I first saw it in person, it turned out to be a much more pleasing figure than I expected .

That said, I think the Papo, Colorata, and Mojo are definitely better. I quite like the Mojo, even though I could quibble about some of the details. The Colorata seems to have the best teeth, for example.

Finally, I agree that the Safari Alligator is excellent. It's the only alligator I've seen that gets the shape of the snout spot on. (Comparing it with the Schleich Alligator puts the latter to shame in terms of accuracy.)

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 53
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15017

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 MOJO FUN Nile crocodile walkaround by Kikimalou   Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:56 am

@scot(t) wrote:


Finally, I agree that the Safari Alligator is excellent. It's the only alligator I've seen that gets the shape of the snout spot on. (Comparing it with the Schleich Alligator puts the latter to shame in terms of accuracy.)


The BIG shame is the SCHLEICH alligator was made after the gret SAFARI Ltd one What a Face Laughing

_________________
Christophe
My topics on STS
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo



Joined : 2010-06-30
Posts : 1650

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:20 am

Glad a few others agree that the Mojo croc's snout is a bit to curved.
Back to top Go down
PeGe

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 37
Joined : 2011-05-29
Posts : 1533

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 MOJO FUN Nile crocodile walkaround by Kikimalou   Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:09 pm

@Kikimalou wrote:
@Roger wrote:
Thanks for your reply, but none of them belong to the same kind. Papo croc is twice the price, Lineol is a vintage and Nayab a low price figure. Anyway what to say about the broken neck of the Papo croc? Poor coloring? Lack of dark markings? bisible Seans? Poorly textured bottom? Shapeless ventral part? Expensive? Rubbery plastic? Doesn't you agree with it too? Suspect I know it very well, I had it several times in my hands but never bought.
Surely Papo croc has lot of good things too, better teeth and upper jaw and a spectacular fantasied pose. But Mojo has also a lot of good things, in my opinion better in all other points.
I don't know the others but you are right, the Nayab is not identifiable and those are surely not the proportions of a grown up crocodile, teeth doesn't look bad once it is with mouth closed but a not identifiable figure is never good for me.
In the same price range of Mojo you have the Schleich unknown crocodile, Wild Safari unknown crocodile, CollectA Nile crocodile and you agree that all of them are not as nicely done. Anyway it is nice when there are some different opinions and I enjoy reading yours. Very Happy

Well Roger, I can agree about a lot of things and maybe all what you are saying.

But I need again to give my two cents Wink

LINEOL... The Nile croc is not their best model far from this. No

NAYAB is a very pleasant model, especially when you think it is a NAYAB, IMHO it is a very fine Slender-snouted crocodile and at least as identifiable as the PAPO or MOJÖ FUN... And more identifiable than the SCHLEICHs. Laughing

SAFARI Ltd, it's true their Nile croc is a bit cheap, especially for the paintings. But SAFARI Ltd also made an impressive Saltwater croc and a real unknow gem : The Mississipi alligator Cool

PAPO... You are right... Except that the PAPO croc was the first decent Nile croc produced, this model was a big step upward and that's why it is the standart now. MOJÖ FUN is an excellent croc with some qualities that the PAPO doesn't have but it is not a big step upward. It is a model which reached the PAPO level and it is already a great compliment.

I guess it is the same with the PAPO lions and tigers, they are the new frontier and every model has to be compared with... Until the next giant step Very Happy
Lineol: i agree although i like it as i looks like a figurine made by cavemen,.....
Nayab: paintwok and details are great. i love it. cheap brand or not.
safari ltd: sure porosus? the boney ridges on the head are missing,....Looks more than another Nile croc to me,...
Papo: pose, colouration and even neck are terrible, but details are fantastic. even more in the whatever Juvenile (didn't check scales yet).
Mojo: still won't buy it.
Schleich: who needs them,...?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The 2012 MOJO FUN Nile crocodile walkaround by Kikimalou   

Back to top Go down
 
The 2012 MOJO FUN Nile crocodile walkaround by Kikimalou
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» The 2012 MOJO FUN Nile crocodile walkaround by Kikimalou
» The ABU RAI female thylacine walkaround by Kikimalou
» Ana's Nyala: a small walkaround by Kikimalou
» The 2012 COLLECTA Red zebus herd walkaround by Kikimalou
» Mojo Griffon vulture: A walkaround by kikimalou

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Mojö Fun :: Mojö Fun walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: