Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home

Go down 
+13
Taylcoel
Cyhyraeth
Tiermann
Bowhead Whale
widukind
Steve170
Kikimalou
Roger
HKHollinstone
SUSANNE
Sumo
STORMnl
Joan Milelire
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home Empty
PostSubject: bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home   bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 2:58 pm

News about reediting Bullyland prehistoric mammals was a great surprise for me. The Gomphotherium was one of my favourite figurines, and thanks to that reediting I discovered Mastodonsaurus.

So I decided to make an order, of course with the Mastodonsaurus and the Gomphotherium. The other animals are the anchitherium, the andrewsarchus, the megaloceros and the calicotherium.

I like very much the Gomphotherium. It have a little bit vintage look (I think it happens with a lot of Bullyland figures :) ), the painting is good enough, and the scale is fine

bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home Img_9723

I had a lot of doubths on choosing the Safari andrewsarchus or the Bullyland one. After buying this Bullyland one, and although I think the kayodo one is the best painted, I think I will buy the Safari one. Or leastwise I will repaint the Bullyland's one.

bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home Img_9724

The calicotherium entered into the list at the last moment, and I'm not regretful about it. Maybe i will repaint a little bit the face and some details, but not sure about it yet.

bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home Img_9725

What I'm really regretted is buying the Megaloceros. it's not a good replica. The head is very small, antler are made in a mold separately and is attached above the head. No continuity between the skin of the head and the one between the horns. I think it was not the best choice.

bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home Img_9726

The anchitherium also entered at the last moment, and it's a very nice model. A little ancient horse :)

bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home Img_9727

And finally, the last known figure and the best one, the mastodonsaurus. A masterpiece. Enjoy it :)

bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home Img_9728

my handmade models: http://bestiari.weebly.com/     my models in facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bestiari.animal.replicas[/center]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
STORMnl

STORMnl

Country/State : Nijmegen-Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home   bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:20 pm

Great Catch

All the way,,my kind of animal figures

good choice

mine are on the way to holland,,

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home   bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:20 pm

Arrrfgh! Jealous! Congrats, you lucky lucky thing. cheers *craves chalicothere and andrewsarchus*
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home   bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:46 pm

CONGRATULATIONS, Joan cheers

I LOVE them all , - the giant deer also.
Hmm, but perhaps you are right, Andrew is a bit clumsy Laughing
However he was one of my very first prehistoric animals, so he is very dear to me Wink

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home   bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 6:16 pm

I really like the calicotherium. Congratulations Joan cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home   bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 8:02 pm

Joan, it is so nice that we can have some of them now. I was lucky enough to receive some of the original ones from Susanne and Kiki. I love that series. Very Happy
You are right about megaloceros but it is also the hardest figure of all in terms of production. Bully was brave enough to make such a hard making figure. Honestly, watching your pictures, the less interesting looks the andrewsarchus but all of them are great. Congratulations! Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home   bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:14 am

Congratulation Joan for this great batch.

The andrewsarchus is a bit odd indeed and my point is the SAFARI Ltd is an excellent choice, go for it Wink
Back to top Go down
Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home   bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 6:28 am

Congratulations Joan! Shame about your Megaloceros though, this model couldv'e been very impressive

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home   bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 11:46 am

Big congratulations Joan!! Very nice newcomers!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
STORMnl

STORMnl

Country/State : Nijmegen-Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home   bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 12:32 pm

Mine arrived with the mail

photo's soon

martien

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home   bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:09 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS, Joan cheers

I LOVE them all , - the giant deer also.
Hmm, but perhaps you are right, Andrew is a bit clumsy Laughing
However he was one of my very first prehistoric animals, so he is very dear to me Wink

Because I thought the Irish Elk looked bizarre with its small pupils and light color of inside the mouth, I simply repainted it: I painted its whole eyes in black and added fading black in its mouth. It looks more realistic this way. Wink
Back to top Go down
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home   bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:58 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:

Because I thought the Irish Elk looked bizarre with its small pupils and light color of inside the mouth, I simply repainted it: I painted its whole eyes in black and added fading black in its mouth. It looks more realistic this way. Wink

Thank you for the tip!
I will think about that!

my handmade models: http://bestiari.weebly.com/     my models in facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bestiari.animal.replicas[/center]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home   bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 4:35 pm

Congratulations on the additions. I will have to think about them, I like the idea of them but am not sure if I like the way they have been done. I do think the mastodonsaurus should find a place in my collection though, it has so much personality.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home   bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 3:29 am

Great additions! Congrats!
And it's really cool we have an opportinity to add them to our collections now)

Taylcoel

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home   bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 11:38 am

Congratulations, why can't most other companies produce phreistoric animals like this? lol!

cheers cheers elephant elephant Laughing Laughing

my website link is at the bottom Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
http://schleich-c.webs.com
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home   bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 9:11 am

Congrats Joan! mastodonsaurus is on my wish list too!

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home   bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:16 pm

I hope the originals will get cheaper,..Very Happy And later: more expensive Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home   bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 11:44 am

I love the gomphotherium, but I do feel a little annoyed by the fact its left legs are a little longer than the right legs, which make the animal look limpish when seen in face...
Back to top Go down
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: bullyland prehistoric mammals (and anybody else) arrived home   bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 4:21 pm

great animals Joan. i love the Irish Elk! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home   bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 4:34 pm

PeGe wrote:
I hope the originals will get cheaper,..Very Happy And later: more expensive Very Happy

lol! lol! tongue lol!

Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home   bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 1:54 pm

They are worth a lot today.
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home   bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 6:33 pm

Congratulations cheers

The prehistoric like is the best from bullyland.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home   bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home Empty

Back to top Go down

bullyland prehistoric mammals (and somebody else) arrived home
Page 1 of 1