Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thylacine Video Footage

Go down 
+5
schleich61
Rio
SUSANNE
widukind
Numa
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

Thylacine Video Footage Empty
PostSubject: Thylacine Video Footage   Thylacine Video Footage EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 2:28 pm

Since I was a kid I was always fascinated by the story of the Thylacine. I think it is a beautiful looking animal and such a shame that this relatively recent extinction was never avoided by humans - The last one died in a zoo in 1936 which is not that long ago - if only someone thought about saving them!

It was then fantastic to see some live video footage of the Thylacine here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

you may have come across it before but it is fantastic to see live footage of this animal walking, moving around and eating. I find this video fascinating.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Numaan on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Thylacine Video Footage   Thylacine Video Footage EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 2:47 pm

Phantastic sunny cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Thylacine Video Footage   Thylacine Video Footage EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 3:18 pm

Thankyou very, very much for the link to these magnificent little films !!!!

It is so awfully sad that such a beautyful, fascinating creatrue was not saved.
They do certainly not look happy in those small, ugly cages, no wonder they would not breed in captivity Sad
I did not know they were so large, - and look at those patterns in the furs Shocked

Makes me think about the actual look of the animals that we only know as fossiles .
Imagine what we would get out of finding only the bones of a thylacine. Or a zebra, giraffe...a red river hog, or a king fisher, or.... scratch

Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: Thylacine Video Footage   Thylacine Video Footage EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 3:44 pm

One of my favourite animals, I just wish that people knew that they were the last ones.

I'm one of those hopeful few that believe that all the sightings are true and that Thylacines are still alive. It's only hope but it's better than nothing.

I wish there was a video with recorded sound, I'd love to know what these gorgeous creatures sounded like.
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Thylacine Video Footage   Thylacine Video Footage EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 8:09 am

Thylacine sightings continue to be made in South Tasmania, the undeveloped area of the country, to this day. There is still hope for this fascinating creature.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Thylacine Video Footage   Thylacine Video Footage EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 10:12 am

schleich61 wrote:
Thylacine sightings continue to be made in South Tasmania, the undeveloped area of the country, to this day. There is still hope for this fascinating creature.

I hope and cross my fingers !

Only I am very suspicious about such "sightings".
Last year more and more people reported to have seen a cugar here in Denmark. It turned out to be a very nice and tame yellow Labrador Laughing

scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Thylacine Video Footage   Thylacine Video Footage EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 4:57 pm

I'd never seen that footage. It was incredibly fascinating! Thank you so much Numaan.
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Thylacine Video Footage   Thylacine Video Footage EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:06 am

SUSANNE wrote:
schleich61 wrote:

I hope and cross my fingers !

Only I am very suspicious about such "sightings".
Last year more and more people reported to have seen a cugar here in Denmark. It turned out to be a very nice and tame yellow Labrador Laughing

Here's a link for you, Susanne, you "Doubting Thomas"... Laughing :

Here is a BBC report about the rediscovery of the legendary Ivory-Billed Woodpecker:

I have a documentary somewhere about the wildlife in Tasmania, and I remember that much of it examined the possibility of the continued existence of the Thylacine. I'll locate it and see if I can post some of it here for all to view.

Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Thylacine Video Footage   Thylacine Video Footage EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:29 am

That was amazing, thanks for sharing Numaan. What a beautiful animal, it's so sad it's gone! I didn't realise how big they were, they were such unusual looking creatures.
I hope the sightings are real and there are some out there still.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
tyrantqueen

tyrantqueen

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Thylacine Video Footage   Thylacine Video Footage EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 2:58 am

I heard that scientists were looking into cloning thylacines from DNA they extracted from a pickled thylacine foetus in a jar :O

It would be pretty amazing if they could clone them, sorta like Jurassic Park, but with an animal that actually went extinct before its time.
Back to top Go down
animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Thylacine Video Footage   Thylacine Video Footage EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 3:03 am

Thanks for the link! I really hope there is a pocket of the population hidden somewhere and not completly extinct. Its sad to see the last video of this animal. Sad pale

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thylacine Video Footage   Thylacine Video Footage Empty

Back to top Go down

Thylacine Video Footage
Page 1 of 1