Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 

CollectA old Arabian horses, Tennessee Walker foals, Lusitanos and Red Angus bull!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: CollectA old Arabian horses, Tennessee Walker foals, Lusitanos and Red Angus bull!   Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:23 am

This week saw more CollectA models enter my collection, more horses and a Bull  cheers

I am not usually an Arabian horse fan but I really love the CollectA Arabian. Maybe because it's not as dainty as most other Arabians but this fellow is chunky  Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
This one is gorgeous, he's not just flat black but has really deep brown hues, I just couldn't pick them up !
And here a group shot of my 4, I'm not sure if there are any others to get  scratch

Two Tennessee Walker Horse foals

Two characters

And the Red Angus bull. At first I was a little disapointed, only because I thought he would be bigger but he is a strapping chap. And whilst taking his photos, I discovered his gorgeous eyes !
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA old Arabian horses, Tennessee Walker foals, Lusitanos and Red Angus bull!   Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:59 am

Rio, you have all 4 old CollectA Arabians. These horses had a hard time here in local shops once nobody was buying them. Also their plastic is very hard and break easily.
The 88098 and 88099 are already not in 2011 catalogue. Also as I expect that CollectA will turn in a very collected brand due to their increasing in quality, I believe these horses will turn rare. flower
About the Angus, everybody here loves the Schleich one better but I really think the CollectA is a very good figure. Very detailed, good proportions and a modern concept. :)
Is it a Lusitano a character? Evil or Very Mad Laughing
Congratulations! Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA old Arabian horses, Tennessee Walker foals, Lusitanos and Red Angus bull!   Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:02 am

Beautiful horses Rio! Congratulations!!

Am I right in thinking that the Arabian mold is not by Deborah McDermott? (and that the TW and the Lusitano are by her?) Regardless, I love the Arabian.

Lovely photos!

Back to top Go down
Rio

PostSubject: Re: CollectA old Arabian horses, Tennessee Walker foals, Lusitanos and Red Angus bull!   Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:09 am

I agree about the bull, I did take a photo of him next to the Schleich one and there was just no comparision in my eyes. The CollectA one has a lot more detail and reminds me of an Angus bull.

They are characters Laughing The Dun one keeps falling over and the Grey one has already knocked down another of my models Laughing

I'm glad I have all the Arabians cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA old Arabian horses, Tennessee Walker foals, Lusitanos and Red Angus bull!   Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:28 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Am I right in thinking that the Arabian mold is not by Deborah McDermott? (and that the TW and the Lusitano are by her?) Regardless, I love the Arabian.

Lovely photos!

Yes, you are right!

The first few CollectA horses, in 2006, were part of Farm series, later they started their horse series but without a huge success. From 2010 they started cooperating with Deborah that has a completly different style. So they almost have 2 CollectA horses series.

@Rio, you can save easily the drunken Portuguese horses. In local CollectA shops I also noticed that Lusitanos were always falling down but the lady of the shop tried hot water and it worked without damaging the fragile painting of these figures. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rio

PostSubject: Re: CollectA old Arabian horses, Tennessee Walker foals, Lusitanos and Red Angus bull!   Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:41 am

Hopefully on my next order, I'll be able to get a few more of the older horses, I just love their charm.

Drunken horses Laughing Their show names will have to have alcohol in there some where Laughing
Back to top Go down
landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA old Arabian horses, Tennessee Walker foals, Lusitanos and Red Angus bull!   Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:20 am

Beautiful pictures Rio...¡

These horses are very striking, congrats.

SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA old Arabian horses, Tennessee Walker foals, Lusitanos and Red Angus bull!   Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:04 am

They are all gorgeous cheers

I fully agree with you, Rio, - most of the models of Arabians lack the ballance, strength and nobleness that are so precious about the classic specimens of this ancient breed.
Some of the properties that gave them such enormous stamnia and personality.
These have it cheers
( Even if they turn over their neifghbours Laughing geek )

As far as I remember, there is ( used to be? ) several different lines of the breed from the various areas of its origin, perhaps the more spidery ones are preferred as models Rolling Eyes Laughing

I love that bull also. It is great to see him in your picture, he is so much nicer than in the catalogue.

CONGRATULATIONS, and thankyou for showing flower sunny flower

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA old Arabian horses, Tennessee Walker foals, Lusitanos and Red Angus bull!   Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:43 am

Congratulations again!! Also beautiful newcomers!! cheers cheers cheers

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: CollectA old Arabian horses, Tennessee Walker foals, Lusitanos and Red Angus bull!   Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:17 pm

Congratulations Rio! I think the Angus Bull look great too!

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: CollectA old Arabian horses, Tennessee Walker foals, Lusitanos and Red Angus bull!   Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:50 pm

cheers cheers cheers Wow! All horses are my favorities! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA old Arabian horses, Tennessee Walker foals, Lusitanos and Red Angus bull!   Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:10 pm

jonesee wrote:

Welcome here!! sunny sunny sunny

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: CollectA old Arabian horses, Tennessee Walker foals, Lusitanos and Red Angus bull!   Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
jonesee wrote:

Welcome here!! sunny sunny sunny

Thank You, STS is a great forum, i like! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA old Arabian horses, Tennessee Walker foals, Lusitanos and Red Angus bull!   Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:46 am

How did I miss this thread?! Congratulations Rio, they are beautiful, I love the bull. It's funny like Roger said I was one of the ones who didn't like it but seeing your photos I'm curious again, love to see all round photos of it if you ever get the time Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA old Arabian horses, Tennessee Walker foals, Lusitanos and Red Angus bull!   Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:56 am

I missed it too Rolling Eyes

Congratulation Rhiannon, these COLLECTA are really nice and the Angus have Wonderfuuuuul eyes Very Happy

About the Arabians, the second on the left remind me the horse character in Raiponce, a movie my daughter wants to watch again and again... Laughing

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: CollectA old Arabian horses, Tennessee Walker foals, Lusitanos and Red Angus bull!   Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:17 am

Those arabians look much better than in the catalogue! I didn´t like them, but now I LOVE them! Thanks for sharing :)

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA old Arabian horses, Tennessee Walker foals, Lusitanos and Red Angus bull!   Today at 3:15 pm

Back to top Go down

CollectA old Arabian horses, Tennessee Walker foals, Lusitanos and Red Angus bull!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1