Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My summer visitors :-D

Go down 
+15
Fisva
AlienMantis
mreyder
Katty
75senta75
scot(t)
Kristie
Ana
Elros Alvar
Rio
HKHollinstone
widukind
Sumo
JackyLovertjex
SUSANNE
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

My summer visitors :-D - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 9:11 am

Thankyou, Christophe, Yes, I will keep you posted how they do this summer Very Happy

Harriet, My first thought was to buy them all, but that is far beyond my means.
Of course I could offer to keep them here...I SO much want to, but I am not getting younger, and this winter it was serious hard work for me to care for 4, I just can`t take 4 more in Crying or Very sad
But I will surely go and check on them at short intervals !!!!!!! Suspect

Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 9:29 am

Maybe the owners think that the green grass is enough for them scratch But well, if you want to be in good relations with the owners and you can't buy them, perhaps feeding them when nobody sees it will be enough Laughing

Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 2:00 pm

Oh man, those poor horses. Mad The fuzziness alone is a red flag for me - hanging on to the winter coat this late is a pretty sure sign that an animal has been underweight for quite some time.
On the plus side, their hooves look good. That suggests the owners aren't completely indifferent to their animals' wellbeing. I'm assuming they're the type who basically let the horses graze and fend for themselves until they're old enough to break in? (Nothing wrong with letting horses live as naturally as possible, of course, but growing youngsters need more than just grass!)
I don't suppose you could ask your local vet to casually stroll past the field next time they're in the area?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 8:09 pm

After 2 weeks : Now they begin to look like just slim Iceys cheers
They have also begun to play and splash in the water...very good, as they now should also build up muscles Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 9:47 pm

They are looking much better, which is very good. As far as the situation goes, that is a hard one. If you call and have good intentions, the owners might take the away for good, like you fear, and then they are in worse condition that before. Either way, there might be worse consequences for these poor guys. Maybe between the members here we might be able to find a solution. Keep us updated, I love seeing the "Summer Iceys" as I have come to call them. :)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 10:21 pm

Susanne, you have done a great job in these two weeks.

The horses are almost out of recognition. The faces, the eyes, the whole impression and condition looks much better now. They are looking so much happier now. So a bad owner ! What goes through his mind? If the owner does not love the horses and doesn´t care for them - why does he keep the horses ? I do not understand those people, never!
But for health of your sommer horses and for their future life  it´s so important, that they have the opportunity to live for a few weeks with you.
In this coming weeks, they can "recharge their batteries", powerful enough to survive the coming winter.
For a few weeks they live again in a paradise of horses. And perhaps you find a solution!

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 11:00 pm

Thankyou, Paige and Yvette Very Happy

I can now tell them they have friends in a big part of the world cheers

Isabeau

Isabeau

Country/State : Gotham City

PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 6:13 am

Oh, they are so beautiful! Such a shame about the owner, but at least you can take care of them for a bit. They look much better now. Keep posting pictures, they are sweethearts. I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/48412602@N04/
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 11:22 pm

Susanne, what a horrible situation to be in.
Some of those photos are heartbreaking.
How can you confront horse owners that apparently seem to think it is okay for animals to look like this? I don't know. Sad
They obviously don't seem to think they are neglecting their animals.
Gladly, thanks to you, these horses can get their strength back for a second time and hopefully they will get new owners anytime soon.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 11:40 pm

Bloodrayne wrote:
Gladly, thanks to you, these horses can get their strength back for a second time and hopefully they will get new owners anytime soon.

Yes, I hope so much they will be sold. But they are only 2 years old, and usually people buy young Iceys when they are just weaned, or when they are 3 or 4 years old Sad

scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 12:42 am

I just saw your 2013 update for the first time today. That first set of pictures of those poor thin and malnourished creatures was really upsetting and heartbreaking. I'm glad you're taking care of them Susanne! And it's good to see them improving.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My summer visitors :-D   My summer visitors :-D - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My summer visitors :-D
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: What else ? :: Wildlife-
Jump to: