Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TM SeaWorld Dolphin

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

TM SeaWorld Dolphin Empty
PostSubject: TM SeaWorld Dolphin   TM SeaWorld Dolphin EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 10:49 pm

Earlier my Mum discovered all my old dinos and a few extras in our loft that I thought were long gone :) . This is one, any info on it?

The bottom reads...

TM & (C) 1994 SEA WORLD
PROPERTY TRUST
MADE IN CHINA

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: TM SeaWorld Dolphin   TM SeaWorld Dolphin EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 11:23 pm

Steve, I don't know Toy Major range or style but usually they are marked TM. Maybe someone can help you better here. Anyway congratulations for finding back your toys with the help of your Mother! :)

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: TM SeaWorld Dolphin   TM SeaWorld Dolphin EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 9:24 am

That is a beautyful and interesting find Shocked
So much the better as it was in your own loft cheers

It looks like Toy Major made it as an advertising object for some Sea World in Australia.
That little delphin must have traveled very far Very Happy
Does you or your Mom know anybody who could have been there some years ago ? scratch

Here is what I can find on Australian Ebay right now : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It looks like that Sea World is a HUGE affair * look here * Shocked

Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: TM SeaWorld Dolphin   TM SeaWorld Dolphin EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 12:43 pm

I think the TM stands for trademark (on the Sea World name) rather than Toy Major. I could be wrong though. I usually am. Laughing

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: TM SeaWorld Dolphin   TM SeaWorld Dolphin EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 1:07 pm

K´m on, Kristie ! You are such a smart young lady Wink Laughing

And you may well be right !
Here is the Toy Major-logo. The Trade Mark logo does not at all look like that Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: TM SeaWorld Dolphin   TM SeaWorld Dolphin EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 7:35 pm

Thanks for the info. Yes it was our family who was there Laughing It was when I was 8, The TM on the bottom doesn't have this oval surround. scratch

Egbert

Egbert

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: TM SeaWorld Dolphin   TM SeaWorld Dolphin EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:34 pm

Steve170 wrote:
Thanks for the info. Yes it was our family who was there Laughing It was when I was 8, The TM on the bottom doesn't have this oval surround. scratch
Its correct that TM is Trade Mark and (C) is copyright, given that they have also dated the figure (in terms of year). This would usually signify an OEM (trade term) or product made directly for a customer under their own design which is protected under copyright law from any direct duplication. However the bigger companies can (dependant upon quantity ordered) also request a manufacturer to re-brand their own product under certain circumstances. So Manufacturer is uncertain, it could be any HK/China factory of that time, not necessarily a famous animal manufacturer. However he has a certain magnetism all of his own and is sure to be one of a limited edition. So, wonderful Dolphin and be happy.............................................I like him! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: TM SeaWorld Dolphin   TM SeaWorld Dolphin EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 1:20 am

Thanks Egbert! You are an expert! Laughing cheers

PostSubject: Re: TM SeaWorld Dolphin   TM SeaWorld Dolphin Empty

Back to top Go down

TM SeaWorld Dolphin
Page 1 of 1