Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 

My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
xfoxx

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)   Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:30 pm

Krista told in some other thread about a great flea market near her home. I went there once last month, but I guess I was a bit too late in the afternoon, because I didn't really find anything. Today I managed to get there a bit earlier, and look what I found! cheers :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I think the wolf is by Chap Mei, can anyone confirm that? It has some writing on microscopic letters, and I think it says at least Chap + something else. The three dogs are by TOPPS. And then there is the AAA baby dinosaur that I'm not sure if I should keep or not, because me starting to collect also dinosaurs would be a disaster, I'm already having trouble fitting my figures anywhere Laughing But I think it's super cute and I just had to have it. White shark, dolphin and Dumbo are by Bullyland. (The shark and dolphin are not from the same flea market.) The Dumbo might be my favourite of all of these elephant

Last edited by xfoxx on Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:58 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)   Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:54 pm

Wonderful, great finds cheers

Gosh! I have been looking for that Chap Mei-wolf for AGES !
The few times I found it on Ebay, I always lost to some last second bidder Mad

I love that hatching dino also, - and the whale and shark, and... Very Happy

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)   Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:01 pm

That wolf looks rather healthier than mine with the black and green stripes! Laughing
Great finds! I'm insanely jealous of anyone who has access to good flea markets...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
http://yakinasack.blogspot.com/
xfoxx

PostSubject: Re: My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)   Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:05 pm

Thank you, Susanne and Sumo! I love you

I think the wolf is actually a dire wolf, am I right? Then it would mean that I now have two extinct animals (the baby dino was the first) - that already counts as a collection Laughing

So I've bought my first dino, my first other extinct animal, my first Chap Mei, my first Disney figure (the Dumbo).. all in same day!

Last edited by xfoxx on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)   Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:08 pm

I suppose it could be - I see mine as more of a 19th century fairy tale illustration kind of wolf. Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://yakinasack.blogspot.com/
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)   Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:49 pm

Super finds Noora! Dumbo is cute elephant Wish we had flea markets here where I live, they sound really great!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)   Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:56 pm

Great finds! Congrats Very Happy

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)   Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:43 pm

I love that wolf Noora! It looks like what the collectA wolf is trying to be, except the Chap Mei is successful.

Back to top Go down
xfoxx

PostSubject: Re: My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)   Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:06 am

Thank you also Harriet, Kristie and Scott!

I hesitated buying the wolf, because at first he seemed really toyish and if he was missing an action man -figure from his side or something. But I liked him anyway so I bought him, and it makes me really happy to hear that others like him too :)

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)   Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:18 am

Great finds Noora! I visit that flea market fairly often, but not always find anything worth to buy.

Collecting extinct animals is always good
But ...Dumbo must be my favourite one of these : )

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Gosh! I have been looking for that Chap Mei-wolf for AGES !
The few times I found it on Ebay, I always lost to some last second bidder :x

Oh no, Susanne!! Wish I had known this before! I've seen this wolf at least 2 or 3 times at some flea markets etc and I've always thought of buying it, but then hesitated because of the same reasons as Noora. I have to keep my eyes open for it.

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)   Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:45 am

Great finds Noora! The wolf is nice!

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)   Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:43 pm

Wonderful additions Noora!! Big congratulations!! cheers cheers cheers

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)   Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:46 pm

Those are really nice additions! Congrats cheers
I especially love the dolphin!

http://www.little-dandelion-studio.blogspot.com
Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)   Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:23 am

Congrats on all your firsts Noora!

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)   Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:19 am

Very nice animals ,Noora.

This wolf is very good figure,congratulations.

xfoxx

PostSubject: Re: My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)   Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:23 pm

Thank you Krista, Ken, Andreas, A-J, Steve & Fernando! cheers

Seems like summer is good time for going to flea markets! There is a market square close to my home that is open (almost) every day during the summer. I used to think they sell just food and flowers there, but now I visit there almost every day and have found many great figures!

Here some additions:

- huge dachshund, marked A1 Made in China
- Yujin turtle and Kaiyodo tapir, not from the flea market but from another collector
- CollectA wild boar is new from the shop. All the rest are from the flea market:
- Procon Agustinia (does this count as a dinosaur collection now that I have two?)
- TOPPS baby elephant (I'm surprised how often I find more of these)
- Toy Major hammerhead shark and an unknown arctic fox

Are Yujin figures supposed to have some marking on them? I can't find any writing on my new turtle.
Can anyone recognize the arctic fox? It's hard plastic, hollow, and has no markings. But it looks very happy!
Here are close-ups of those two (the fox has some trouble standing so there's a rock under it's paw):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)   Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:37 pm

Absolutly phantastic finds!! The arctic fox looks very nice and also the dachshund is beautyful and the rest too!! cheers cheers cheers

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)   Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:43 pm

Congrats, Dachshund looks veeeery nice cheers

xfoxx

PostSubject: Re: My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)   Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:19 pm

Thank you Andreas and Robert!

Sharing my happiness with people on this forum makes this hobby triple times more fun! cheers

Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)   Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:35 pm

Are Yujin figures supposed to have some marking on them? I can't find any writing on my new turtle.

Some YUJIN have YUJIN marking on them, some have only CHINA and the year of birth and even some have PV because YUJIN used some PLAYVISIONS moulds, only the painting is different then Wink

Oooops, I forget Embarassed A big congratulation Noora cheers

SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)   Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:42 pm

WONDERFUL additions, - they are a whole little collection with so many brands and so many diffrent species cheers

Yes, of course, you have a dino collection now with the Agustinia. It is a lovely model. I love you
Uhh, I can see that CollectA still has him, and he is not too big, it seems Rolling Eyes

I did not know that TM made sharks, it is a far cry better than the mammals, they make Shocked
The fox is ever so cute !!! Are you sure it is not a wolf ? never mind, it makes me happy that you look so well after him, so he can stand there smiling Very Happy

Thankyou for the great pictures, and congratulations flower

xfoxx

PostSubject: Re: My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)   Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:52 pm

Thank you Christophe and Susanne!

Hmm, maybe my Yujin isn't really a Yujin then scratch Or maybe I need glasses.

And yes, the fox could be a wolf, actually he does look more like a wolf. I guess I was just hoping for him to be an arctic fox, because I don't have that many of those yet.

PostSubject: Re: My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)   Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:00 am

Wonderful additions Noora! I absolutely love the Tapir! wow.

I just got exactly the same Yujin turtle (Mauremys japonica) and mine has no markings on it whatsoever (not even 'China'). But, I didn't look carefully at the pieces before I put it together. (And I'm pretty sure it is a real Yujin, since it came with a mini-catalogue that is in good condition and does not have the shoddy printing characteristic of fakes. But I'm not expert.)

The White Fox/Wolf looks great too!

Back to top Go down
xfoxx

PostSubject: Re: My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)   Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:51 am

Thank you so much for the helpful info, Scott! My turtle arrived without a leaflet and the pieces were already together, but I believe it's a Yujin because the seller told so and she was very nice :) Anyway, good to know it's similar to yours and also the species!

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)   Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:03 am

Oh they are gorgeous Additions Noora! Congratulations cheers I love the turtle and the dachshund is soo cute I love you

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)   Today at 2:40 pm

Back to top Go down

My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next