Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Please vote for Show Us Yours of October! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)   Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:50 am

that is really a pleasing wolf Noora. I wish I could say what it is I like about it, but it just hits me the right way. (Wolves have to look "wolfy" -- that is, they have to look realistic without looking like dogs. It's a hard spot to hit. The old Schleich wolf that you used for comparison is a great example, for me, of hitting that spot. It just looks wolfy. That Schleich model, by the way, is the most diversely painted figure I think I've ever seen. Every version of it that I see is painted differently. Yours is painted right? It almost looks like a .... crap, I forgot the word for a completely unpainted Schleich model.)

Back to top Go down
krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)   Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:16 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
that is really a pleasing wolf Noora. I wish I could say what it is I like about it, but it just hits me the right way. (Wolves have to look "wolfy" -- that is, they have to look realistic without looking like dogs. It's a hard spot to hit. The old Schleich wolf that you used for comparison is a great example, for me, of hitting that spot. It just looks wolfy. That Schleich model, by the way, is the most diversely painted figure I think I've ever seen. Every version of it that I see is painted differently. Yours is painted right? It almost looks like a .... crap, I forgot the word for a completely unpainted Schleich model.)

I agree with everything in this post, Scott!
I know it's hard to explain but you did it perfectly.

There are not many wolf models I genuinely like, the old Schleich being one of them (don't own it though).. :)

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)   Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:47 am

Nice finds! I love the wolves! Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)   Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:56 am

kristaru wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

I agree with everything in this post, Scott!
I know it's hard to explain but you did it perfectly.

There are not many wolf models I genuinely like, the old Schleich being one of them (don't own it though).. :)

Thank you Krista! There aren't many wolves I like either. Very few that I like a lot. Some of the vintage wolves look nice promising (like the Lineol), but I don't have any of them.

(I remembered the name of the unpainted models, Rohlings or Rohlinge.)

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)   Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:46 pm

Congratulations Noora, wonderful Wolf, great find!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)   Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:28 am

Congrats cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)   Today at 6:21 pm

Back to top Go down

My summer additions! (new figures added 2nd of August 2012)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3