Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Andalusians from Papo...

Go down 
+10
Roger
bojan
Ana
ken yeo
Katty
Sumo
Kikimalou
widukind
Kristie
SUSANNE
14 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

papo - The Andalusians from Papo... Empty
PostSubject: The Andalusians from Papo...   papo - The Andalusians from Papo... EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 10:47 am

When I think of the Andalusian horse ( now called PRE), I imagine an extremely noble, powerful and elegant horse. Very Happy
The first Andalusian from Papo, came in 2005.
It has some flaws, but it has charm and personality,
Considering the standard of the Papo horses at that time, I think it is a really nice model.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

THEN ! In 2010 Papo made a new model Shocked What a Face
By then Papo had already made some really beautyful horses...I will leave it to you to comment on this one Rolling Eyes

This year Papo has revived the good, old Andalusian, - this time with saddle, and as a PINTO Shocked
In the standard of the Danish PRE-association it says that all colours are permitted.
Hmmm, - pinto is not the typical colour, I dare say Laughing
But I like him as a horse model Wink

Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Andalusians from Papo...   papo - The Andalusians from Papo... EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 10:57 am

I like the original VERY much! The 2010 is nice, but lacks the charm I think of the original. Don't you think?

The white one has just been added to my wishlist. Laughing

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Andalusians from Papo...   papo - The Andalusians from Papo... EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:00 am

Oh yes Susanne!! Really nice horse models!! cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Andalusians from Papo...   papo - The Andalusians from Papo... EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:09 am

I like very much the first model Very Happy

And I will not comment the brown animal made in 2010 Laughing
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Andalusians from Papo...   papo - The Andalusians from Papo... EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:24 am

Thankyou flower Very Happy

I agree, - the bay one looks more like a cross bred pony with too large a head Laughing

Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: The Andalusians from Papo...   papo - The Andalusians from Papo... EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 12:12 pm

The current PRE is... well... how to put this? It makes almost anything look good in comparison. Embarassed The old mold is a gajillion times better, and unlike its successor biomechanically sound! So glad they've brought it back, although I'd prefer a tackless one in a different color.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Katty

Katty

Country/State : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: The Andalusians from Papo...   papo - The Andalusians from Papo... EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 3:42 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Thankyou flower Very Happy

I agree, - the bay one looks more like a cross bred pony with too large a head Laughing

Oh yes!! Poor little fella. That muzzle!! Hehe.. Love goes out to him anyway. I love you
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The Andalusians from Papo...   papo - The Andalusians from Papo... EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 9:00 pm

I will prefer the 2005 Andalusian.

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The Andalusians from Papo...   papo - The Andalusians from Papo... EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:43 am

Congratulations for 3 Andalusians Very Happy First one is charming :)
Interesting what Papo thinks is real progress in quality? In this situation as most of us think that the first model was best scratch :)

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: The Andalusians from Papo...   papo - The Andalusians from Papo... EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 11:09 am

They're really nice, maybe they'll make me change my mind to start buying Papo horses. Thank you for posting the Andalusians!

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Andalusians from Papo...   papo - The Andalusians from Papo... EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:00 pm

I had in my collection the 2010 figure, at this time I had a peregrine idea of collecting all Iberian horses! geek
Anyway in opposition to much of the members I think it is a figure full of life and I absolutly like its "flying" pose. Doesn't look a good replica of an Andalusian but that's a question that was not present at this time once my knowledge with horses was even more limited than it is now. geek
Thanks for showing the original and reused versions! That's Papo! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Andalusians from Papo...   papo - The Andalusians from Papo... EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:25 pm

You are right, Roger !

There IS action in the model, and if it had not been supposed to be an Andalusian, I think I would have liked it better , - poor horsie Crying or Very sad

After having him here a couple of days, I bein to think he comes under the catogory " So ugly that I love him " cheers
I am surely happy I got him, he is a very unusual pony horse drunken

Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The Andalusians from Papo...   papo - The Andalusians from Papo... EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 3:36 am

Good models Andalusia horse but :) ... I like more, which are made by Schleich. Razz
The pinto horse breed is well SUSANNE. CONGRATS cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Andalusians from Papo...   papo - The Andalusians from Papo... EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 2:47 am

There is one more cheers Laughing Laughing

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The Andalusians from Papo...   papo - The Andalusians from Papo... EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 2:52 am

Shocked Congratulations Susanne cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Andalusians from Papo...   papo - The Andalusians from Papo... EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 3:17 am

HKHollinstone wrote:
Shocked Congratulations Susanne cheers cheers

Thankyou, Harriet, - VARIATIONS, Yesss ! bounce geek Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Andalusians from Papo...   papo - The Andalusians from Papo... EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 6:12 am

Papo is the kingdom of variations, perfect for a Queen! A never ending story that I enjoy to follow! flower

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The Andalusians from Papo...   papo - The Andalusians from Papo... EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 5:30 am

I have the "white" one (in fact he´s not white, it´s grey in white phase), it´s my favourite of all the Papo Spanish horses! The neck is not quite good, but the pose is full of action. I also like the light dappled grey, but the other one it´s better for my taste.

The bay one seems to be a bad copy of the Spanish made by Schleich.

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: The Andalusians from Papo...   papo - The Andalusians from Papo... EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:23 pm

The new Papo Andalusian seem to be Pintaloosa?))

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Andalusians from Papo...   papo - The Andalusians from Papo... EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:56 pm

Cyhyraeth wrote:
The new Papo Andalusian seem to be Pintaloosa?))

I think not scratch
It is not extremely rare that tobianoes have little dots ( Cat`s paws).
Usuallly these dots indicate homozygote tobiano, but not always.

My Ida has dots on both sides, and she is not homozygote, - there are absolutely no markings on her father`s side :

I have to take better pictures, but here are some from last summer :

Ohh, - and I have to add, - Appaloosa genes do not exists among purebred Icelandic horses Wink

ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The Andalusians from Papo...   papo - The Andalusians from Papo... EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 2:30 am

Congratulations Susanne for 3 variations!

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: The Andalusians from Papo...   papo - The Andalusians from Papo... EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 2:46 am

Thank you, Susanne.

I didn't think about the Cat's paws as those 'spots' seemed to be quite big.
However, those spots in pintaloosas are usually located on the back side of the horse, AFAIK.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Andalusians from Papo...   papo - The Andalusians from Papo... Empty

Back to top Go down

The Andalusians from Papo...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Papo :: Papo walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: