Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Please vote for Show Us Yours of October! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

My Collection-new guy! sea life, deep sea, ancient sea- if it lives in the ocean..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
craiglavin

Country/State : florida

PostSubject: My Collection-new guy! sea life, deep sea, ancient sea- if it lives in the ocean..   Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:35 pm

Hi everyone,
First off thanks again for the warm welcomes! Here are some completely organized not so good shots of what I have to date. I acquired most of these over six or seven years ago it seems, and am now getting back into them. Lucky to have acquired these when I did, it seems many are extremely hard to find now.
Thought it was mainly deep sea, but it turns out to be a deep sea, ocean in general, oddity, ancient ocean collection. My wife and I are both biologists, she with her PhD., and I am a biologist marine life artist full time. I actually use these as models for the art a lot. I collect mainly Japanese due to the high accuracy and overall quality. They are simply gems most if not almost all of them. Especially the Kaiyodo. So, here is a sampling of the deep sea, aquatales, Enoshima aquarium, night museum, and dinotales from the seas. Some very hard to get/aquarium available only ones in there as well.
Thanks!
Craig
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My Collection-new guy! sea life, deep sea, ancient sea- if it lives in the ocean..   Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:57 pm

Holy Moses !!! What an awesom collection cheers

They are SO beautyful ! You were enormously lucky tho get them when you did, WOW!!

You even have some Homo diverianthus, too Rolling Eyes Wink
(soory Embarassed )

You are an artist ? Ohhh, do you have a site where we can see your work ?
I am SO curious to see what you make bounce Very Happy

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: My Collection-new guy! sea life, deep sea, ancient sea- if it lives in the ocean..   Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:00 pm

Wonderful collection cheers cheers

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My Collection-new guy! sea life, deep sea, ancient sea- if it lives in the ocean..   Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:07 pm

What a beautiful collection!

Thank you for sharing. :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
craiglavin

PostSubject: Thanks!   Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:13 pm

Yes, the divers and subs are part of the deep sea Kaiyodo. I found all three large subs, all the divers, and I need one green small sub to complete..
Haven't seen that in years though. And the price now.. oofah.

Here is my website:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I do very high end all by hand custom inlays for mainly the guitar industry. Materials are stone, pearl, metals, woods. etc.. I specialize in marine life, but have been "forced" to do it all, people, etc.. Laughing

It's all hand drawn, cut, and engraved. Pieces range in time to produce from three to hundreds of hours.
The website is four years old, best to see more work by facebooking me. Look for Craig Lavin Friend me, I'm good for it Rolling Eyes

Hoping to acquire more pieces soon, and make a "super collection" of sorts..

Thanks!
Craig

Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: My Collection-new guy! sea life, deep sea, ancient sea- if it lives in the ocean..   Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:01 pm

Fantastic collection, I love the Japanese makers.
Welcome to the forum!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://schleich.animobil.info
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: My Collection-new guy! sea life, deep sea, ancient sea- if it lives in the ocean..   Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:05 pm

Wow Craig, that's a beautiful collection!! Shocked

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My Collection-new guy! sea life, deep sea, ancient sea- if it lives in the ocean..   Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:12 pm

Wow, Phantastic collection!!! Big congratulations. cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers What for a specie is the black whale in the middle of the 3.pic and also in this pic the whale between the yujin fish and the ChocoQ dolphin?

PostSubject: Andreas, I'll check   Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:53 pm

I'll get all the whales together and take a pic for you. I'll speciate each soon. Thanks,
Craig

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My Collection-new guy! sea life, deep sea, ancient sea- if it lives in the ocean..   Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:37 pm

You have a very fine and unusual collection! Incredible how deep Japanese brands go in quality! What a Face
Thanks for sharing with us! cheers

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Collection-new guy! sea life, deep sea, ancient sea- if it lives in the ocean..   Today at 1:54 pm

Back to top Go down

My Collection-new guy! sea life, deep sea, ancient sea- if it lives in the ocean..
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1