Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share
 

 SOL90 rhino

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 44
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 24125

SOL90 rhino Empty
PostSubject: SOL90 rhino   SOL90 rhino EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 5:42 pm

Searching a figure to a good friend of the forum in a Portuguese auctions website, I was lucky enough to find some SOL90 figures! Actually it was Alejandro who introduced me in this brand and I confess I enjoyed some of them. One that I kept in my memory was their rhino. Not because it is an accurate representation as Mojo is, but because it has a strong personality in my point of view. I found in that the figure the same feeling that I found in Papo kudu. Not very accurate but exciting! bounce
SOL90 rhino Sol90-rhino
SOL90 rhino 2006

_________________
~ Rogério Crocodile  MY collection of FOXES! SOL90 rhino Foxy-T_zpsfcddb528 Foxes I'm searching! bounce
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 30827

SOL90 rhino Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOL90 rhino   SOL90 rhino EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 5:52 pm

Big congratulations again!! cheers cheers cheers

_________________
sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 32
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9875

SOL90 rhino Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOL90 rhino   SOL90 rhino EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 5:54 pm

Beautiful rhino in lovey pose and with very nice face Very Happy Congratulations Roger, great find!!!

I remember gorilla from Sol90, also very nice, I've seen it in collection of our Kikimalou Very Happy . This company seems to be rather hard to get scratch

_________________
Anna
Horse and Bird
SOL90 rhino Likaon11 SOL90 rhino Minilo10
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA
Age : 47
Joined : 2011-01-18
Posts : 2914

SOL90 rhino Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOL90 rhino   SOL90 rhino EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 6:15 pm

Congrats Roger! He is a very powerful pose, and I like him very much! :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 66
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 32969

SOL90 rhino Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOL90 rhino   SOL90 rhino EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 6:18 pm

He is BEAUTYFUL, - he has all the "action" I love in a model cheers

Congratulations, dear friend flower

You see, when looking for stuff for others, - sometimes your own collection grows too Laughing Laughing Laughing sunny

_________________
Very Happy  SUSANNE  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia
Age : 42
Joined : 2010-12-01
Posts : 4077

SOL90 rhino Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOL90 rhino   SOL90 rhino EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 6:31 pm

Congrats Roger cheers

_________________
Robert
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia
Age : 61
Joined : 2010-11-04
Posts : 3168

SOL90 rhino Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOL90 rhino   SOL90 rhino EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 6:34 pm

Congrats my friend. cheers

I have this rhino and Really I feel the same.

To me, is one of the best rhinos.

_________________
FERNANDO
http://www.Animalfigures.weebly.com
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA
Age : 50
Joined : 2012-03-03
Posts : 3002

SOL90 rhino Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOL90 rhino   SOL90 rhino EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 9:52 pm

I think that is a fantastic Rhino! As you said, it has a strong personality. It is really appealing. Congratulations Roger!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 54
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15260

SOL90 rhino Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOL90 rhino   SOL90 rhino EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 10:07 pm

@Roger wrote:
Searching a figure to a good friend of the forum in a Portuguese auctions website, I was lucky enough to find some SOL90 figures! Actually it was Alejandro who introduced me in this brand and I confess I enjoyed some of them. One that I kept in my memory was their rhino. Not because it is an accurate representation as Mojo is, but because it has a strong personality in my point of view. I found in that the figure the same feeling that I found in Papo kudu. Not very accurate but exciting! bounce

Indeed... What else ? Wink Laughing

_________________
Christophe
My topics on STS
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore
Age : 49
Joined : 2010-04-05
Posts : 5425

SOL90 rhino Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOL90 rhino   SOL90 rhino EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Congrats Roger!! It may not be accurate. But to have a rock n roll pose!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
Moderator
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 27
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11285

SOL90 rhino Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOL90 rhino   SOL90 rhino EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 11:49 pm

He's beautiful. Congratulations Roger, I really like the photo you've taken too!
I can't remember seeing the rhino before, I remember the hippo and gorilla. They make some nice animals - are they quite large figurines?

_________________
Harriet
My *Collection*
My *Handmade Animal Sculpture*
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 44
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 24125

SOL90 rhino Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOL90 rhino   SOL90 rhino EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 12:42 am

Thanks Andreas, Ana, Kristie, Susanne, Robert, Fernando, Scott, Christophe, Ken and Harriet! Laughing Very Happy

@HKHollinstone wrote:
He's beautiful. Congratulations Roger, I really like the photo you've taken too!
I can't remember seeing the rhino before, I remember the hippo and gorilla. They make some nice animals - are they quite large figurines?

Harriet, they are sized like other modern brands!
SOL90 rhino Whiterhinos
Here pictured with Papo white rhino. Almost the same size, much better quality than Papo's! What a Face

_________________
~ Rogério Crocodile  MY collection of FOXES! SOL90 rhino Foxy-T_zpsfcddb528 Foxes I'm searching! bounce
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
Moderator
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 27
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11285

SOL90 rhino Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOL90 rhino   SOL90 rhino EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 9:32 am

@Roger wrote:
Thanks Andreas, Ana, Kristie, Susanne, Robert, Fernando, Scott, Christophe, Ken and Harriet! Laughing Very Happy

@HKHollinstone wrote:
He's beautiful. Congratulations Roger, I really like the photo you've taken too!
I can't remember seeing the rhino before, I remember the hippo and gorilla. They make some nice animals - are they quite large figurines?

Harriet, they are sized like other modern brands!
Here pictured with Papo white rhino. Almost the same size, much better quality than Papo's! What a Face
Nice! Thanks for the comparison pic Roger cheers

_________________
Harriet
My *Collection*
My *Handmade Animal Sculpture*
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA
Age : 50
Joined : 2012-03-03
Posts : 3002

SOL90 rhino Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOL90 rhino   SOL90 rhino EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 6:41 pm

I think the Sol90 rhino is definitely better and more appealing than the old Papo white rhino. But I'm surprised at how much I still really like that papo white rhino. It is so odd looking, but in a way that is compelling. (and I like the calf that goes with it. 'calf'? Is that right?)

Thank you for the comparison shot Roger!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 44
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 24125

SOL90 rhino Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOL90 rhino   SOL90 rhino EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 10:58 pm

@scot(t) wrote:
I think the Sol90 rhino is definitely better and more appealing than the old Papo white rhino. But I'm surprised at how much I still really like that papo white rhino. It is so odd looking, but in a way that is compelling. (and I like the calf that goes with it. 'calf'? Is that right?)

Thank you for the comparison shot Roger!


Scott, the general shape of the Papo white rhino is very good. It is easy to identify it as a white rhino. But the finishing work is very poor, mainly the "metallic" painting and visible seams. :)
It is interesting that Papo decided to replace it for another species, the black rhino. I like that strategy. From my knowledge a rhino baby is called a calf indeed, but isn't it strange that now in Papo«s range we have a white rhino calf as a baby of a black rhino? geek Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério Crocodile  MY collection of FOXES! SOL90 rhino Foxy-T_zpsfcddb528 Foxes I'm searching! bounce
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA
Age : 50
Joined : 2012-03-03
Posts : 3002

SOL90 rhino Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOL90 rhino   SOL90 rhino EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:29 pm

I thought 'calf' was correct, but I was typing out the message on my phone, with my thumbs, on a subway (not my usual place for browsing the forum), so I didn't confirm it. Very Happy Thank you.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 44
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 24125

SOL90 rhino Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOL90 rhino   SOL90 rhino EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:52 pm

@scot(t) wrote:
I thought 'calf' was correct, but I was typing out the message on my phone, with my thumbs, on a subway (not my usual place for browsing the forum), so I didn't confirm it. Very Happy Thank you.


You're welcome! I also had to check it before once in Portuguese language we don't call bulls cows or calves to rhinos, elephants and so. Laughing
I'm glad that I'm not the only member visiting the forum on a subway. Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério Crocodile  MY collection of FOXES! SOL90 rhino Foxy-T_zpsfcddb528 Foxes I'm searching! bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




SOL90 rhino Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOL90 rhino   SOL90 rhino Empty

Back to top Go down
 
SOL90 rhino
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Schleich 2012 gladiators w/animals

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Modern companies :: Publishing companies-
Jump to: